Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dumb move by Florida to fire Mullen

vCash
    Wazzu seems like a good fit for him.

I think he'll try his hand in the NFL though and be an OC somewhere
    Last edited by KOdawg1; 11-21-2021 at 06:07 PM.

vCash
    Asshole Dan got everything he had coming to him. He uses people and treats everyone with contempt. If you know anyone in the AD office, ask them what they thought about Dan. In the end, its all about winning and he didn't win enough there where they have National Championship ambitions. When the players he recruited started to have to play, the results were evident. Screw Dan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolfer View Post
    An average coach doesn't take us to #1 in the country...And if you couldn't see the difference in our team from 2008 to 2009 and the drop of when Jomo took over then you are blind. Dan is a helluva coach one of the best but sounds like he needs people around him to help manage other aspects of the job.
    I think he is good but he limits himself and isn't flexible enough to fix his limitations and take the next step.

I mean being better than Croom isn't exactly a high bar. LOL.

I also think his extreme run first offense plus his lack of recruiting at skill positions and the offensive line make it difficult to change offenses when a new coach comes in.

vCash
    Mullen came to MSU because he was offered a HC position at an SEC school. He didn't intend on staying here as long as he did. He wanted a Quote " A real football school" Well a real football school doesn't go for this developmental program and he either got upset or talked down when the media asked him about recruiting. Also some wanted Grantham gone before the 2021 season. You can also not say the crowd noise was the reason for the loss last year at TAMU when there were about 20,000 in attendance due to Covid. He got what he wanted but the grass isn't always greener on the other side , and sometimes it has concrete under it and fake grass. Also playing not to lose yesterday probably substantiated his firing prior to the FSU game.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 11-21-2021 at 06:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    It was a dumb move when he left Miss State. He would be making over 7 mill a year with job security. Plus he would have made a hell of a run in 2017.
    Plus if he had stayed just one more year....even with a 80% Fitz(thanks Spears you POS), with that defense that natl champion Clemson used the blueprint to beat Bama in the Championship game, he would have had a legendary one loss DOG team for his resume and legend.......

vCash
    Dan quit on the team and they quit on him. Watch his pressers over the last few weeks, he wouldn't even look up just stared at the podium and gave incoherent answers. He was done. He fired himself.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 11-21-2021 at 06:31 PM.

vCash
    It was a dumb move when he left Miss State. He would be making over 7 mill a year with job security. Plus he would have made a hell of a run in 2017.
    Plus if he had stayed just one more year....even with a 80% Fitz(thanks Spears you POS), with that defense that natl champion Clemson used the blueprint to beat Bama in the Championship game, he would have had a legendary one loss DOG team for his resume and legend.......But for reference, CML has ALREADY beaten as many ranked teams as MULLEN THE GREAT did in his entire time at Starkville (not vegas).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    Plus if he had stayed just one more year....even with a 80% Fitz(thanks Spears you POS), with that defense that natl champion Clemson used the blueprint to beat Bama in the Championship game, he would have had a legendary one loss DOG team for his resume and legend.......
    He didn't care about being at MSU any longer. He was here longer than he had planned. We were just a stepping stone in his HC plans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Dan quit on the team and they quit on him. Watch his pressers over the last few weeks, he wouldn't even look up just stared at the podium and gave incoherent answers. He was done. He fired himself.
    THIS and he played not to lose yesterday and that probably sped up the firing process.

vCash
    I'd agree with the firing if Mullen didn't fire Grantham and Hevesy. Those guys have been holding teams back for forever. IMO you give Mullen a chance with a new DC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Dan Mullen is an average coach that struck gold at State bc our expectations are not outrageous.
    Dak Prescott and Tim Tebow made Dan Mullen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolfer View Post
    An average coach doesn't take us to #1 in the country...And if you couldn't see the difference in our team from 2008 to 2009 and the drop of when Jomo took over then you are blind. Dan is a helluva coach one of the best but sounds like he needs people around him to help manage other aspects of the job.
    Dak Prescott made us #1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ImissCityBagel View Post
    I'd agree with the firing if Mullen didn't fire Grantham and Hevesy. Those guys have been holding teams back for forever. IMO you give Mullen a chance with a new DC.
    Mullen has had a bunch of second chances, and UF doesn't keep giving second chances. I guess he thought he could recruit like he did here and such but that doesn't work at UF. Spurrier was upset with some of the things he did or didn't do prior to this year. They didn't hold him back on recruitng as he was the HC though,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Dak Prescott made us number one not Dan Mullen. And then Dan pissed away every single bit of notoriety bc his ass was shopping for a better gig and not building a top tier SEC program. We got skull drug by LSU and Bama how many times? Hugh Freeze out coached his ass in every Egg Bowl he spent pimping his sorry ass for every job open.

**** Dan Mullen.
    Agreed

I thank Dan for building a bowl eligible team but Dak Prescott made us #1 in 2014 and nobody EVER should forget that.

If Dak left after 14, MSU wouldve been 4-8 or 5-7 at best. He went 9-4 with that team. That is how good dak prescott was.

Dan couldnt keep a defensive coordinator at msu to save his damn life

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think Dan thought that coaching at Florida would be easy compared to MSU. And it's not. When someone goes into a job thinking it's going to be a cakewalk then sometimes they find out the hard way it isn't and sometimes it's hard to recover.
    Yes ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

vCash
    Plus if he had stayed just one more year....even with a 80% Fitz(thanks Spears you POS), with that defense that natl champion Clemson used the blueprint to beat Bama in the Championship game, he would have had a legendary one loss DOG team for his resume and legend.......But for reference, CML has ALREADY beaten as many ranked teams as MULLEN THE GREAT did in his entire time at Starville (not vegas).

vCash
    I think Mullen's lack of recruiting is exaggerated. Currently watching a pro game with an ex Mullen QB, Lineman, and LB. He put many studs into the NFL.

The problem is that Mullen would not have been able to compete with the LSUs, Georgias, and Bama like that. He's an underrated recruiter though.
    Last edited by ImissCityBagel; 11-21-2021 at 06:59 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Washington or Washington St. will both be gunning for Dan. He will own the PAC 12 without even trying. Dan can coach circles around Cristobal.
    Seriously LMAO. Not hardly on all counts. And you think he'd do better than Leach at WSU and how hard it is to recruit there??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    He didn't care about being at MSU any longer. He was here longer than he had planned. We were just a stepping stone in his HC plans.
    That’s obvious, but it’s also obvious any future employer’s would look at an INCREDIBLE job that he took bottoms dwelling Moo U (I freaking hate that) to a one loss season only losing to Bama......but as it stands he took a FLA powerhouse down to a mid level season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Seriously LMAO. Not hardly on all counts. And you think he'd do better than Leach at WSU and how hard it is to recruit there??
    Mullen is still a good coach. I know why we laughing at him today, and I understand, but he was one of the best things to happen to us, and I don't hate him, and I never will (and I'm pretty sure thats a run on sentence haha)