Thread: SEC Baseball Stats - SEC Games only thru 5/9

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Just telling you what I've said since day one. We can't field it and we've got to get bats in the lineup where possible. The defense can't be fixed. The hitting can improve with a couple guys like Clark and Cumbest hitting. Cumbest struggled this weekend some, but he's the best option. We're stuck with James at 3B. Hancock will have to hold down 1B.
    Shitty defense has been the reason for a lot of our losses. The lineup got us with Hatcher, Leggett, Skinner in there.
    I don’t think we lost a game with Leggett at 3rd. I know we won 5 in a row until the change Sunday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I don?t think we lost a game with Leggett at 3rd. I know we won 5 in a row until the change Sunday.
    Leggett?s error opened the door Sunday. And he gives us nothing at the plate
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Leggett?s error opened the door Sunday. And he gives us nothing at the plate
    I don’t think we have lost a game with Leggett starting at 3rd. Your statement doesn’t change that. His error was in the 8th and didn’t effect the score at all.

We are 12-1 overall when he starts. Many of us said he was going to get ate up in league play hitting with a lot of K’s but that doesn’t change that our runs was higher in his 4 recent league starts. Way too Small sample size but would liked to run that same line up on Sunday to see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I don’t think we have lost a game with Leggett starting at 3rd. Your statement doesn’t change that. His error was in the 8th and didn’t effect the score at all.

We are 12-1 overall when he starts. Many of us said he was going to get ate up in league play hitting with a lot of K’s but that doesn’t change that our runs was higher in his 4 recent league starts. Way too Small sample size but would liked to run that same line up on Sunday to see.
    Batting Legget-cumbest(or skinner ) -Forsythe is putting 3 guys w huge k rates all back to back. Legget doesn't need to start. We just have to take the bad of james w the good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Batting Legget-cumbest(or skinner ) -Forsythe is putting 3 guys w huge k rates all back to back. Legget doesn't need to start. We just have to take the bad of james w the good.
    I see that line of thinking and it may end up being our best option, it’s not any easy fixes. Without a bigger sample size it’s hard to know for sure but there is compelling data that shows Leggett starting at third is giving us better margins to win more games. Again, I can see your point and James playing better defense at third is a great answer to our problem. I can’t justify it completely but I also don’t like our 8, 9 make up either with Leggett and Forsythe. Brad k rate is an issue but overall he is hitting well enough and the defense is good so I’m fine with him at 7.