Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
Seeing what they do w the roster will be interesting. I'm counting a 39 man roster. We have 27 that are on scholarship that have to be on it as long as they stay for spring. Then 4 seniors. So the other 8 and how they breakdown pitchers vs position players will be interesting to say the least. Course all 4 sr are pitchers so that's like 4 extra on the staff there from a normal one. .
I'm not sure that they are too worried about it for this year. I'm assuming that if they play an all SEC schedule they won't have the normal roster limits that they usually do- but that's just a guess. One way or the other this is going to take a few years to get sorted out. I'm not even sure what the MLB draft will be like either next year. And then they're going to totally re-organize the minor leagues as well. At some point in the next year or two there is going to be a glut of American players available for the draft. Some good players are going to be left out and not get a chance or go play independent ball. Everyone will probably get a high school player or two that they typically wouldn't get because there are going to be some high school players that get pushed back in the draft.

One positive thing that may come from it is P5 schools will be able to see what it's like financially to pay for a baseball team scholarship wise. I still think that is coming at some point in the next ten years whenever the SEC decides to stop giving into the Big 10/NCAA BS.