Thread: 2 Deep

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    That defense should be pretty damn salty.

That is as senior laden of a defense as I can remember.

If we get decent OT play next year we should be pretty damn good.
    Even Dave Bartoo thinks we will have one of the best Ds in the SEC. He thinks we could have a top 20 defense.

We have a WR stable like we've never had and an experienced QB that can get them ball.

I just don't get the Eeyore attitude from some of our "fans".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I think it's just people that are butt hurt because Leach doesn't run their preferred offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCoachKlein View Post
    I think it's just people that are butt hurt because Leach doesn't run their preferred offense.
    Rep! You nailed it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCoachKlein View Post
    That's so petulant and childish. As long as the offense works I don't care what we run. Mike Leach is an elite coach and we are lucky to have him.

vCash
    That's so petulant and childish. As long as the offense works I don't care what we run. Mike Leach is an elite coach and we are lucky to have him.
    Look - I'm not the offense's biggest fan, but I'm a MSU fan first and I enjoyed the hell out of the AU game last year. We need more of that.

I did not enjoy the egg bowl, so less of that please.

I do think we need to something different at MSU to win, so if going true air raid is the route we have picked, then I hope like hell it works.

My biggest concern is that our defense has held up really well the last two years and after this year, we will lose a ton of talent and experience. Three and outs have not hurt us as much the last two years, because our defense has been solid. A bad defense is the worst case scenario for MSU in 2023, so we need to take advantage of what we have this year.

This is the most excited I have been about a season at MSU since 2018. I think we have a legit shot to win 10 games, a puncher's chance against UGA and no chance against the NFL team masquerading as a college team in Bama. Do I expect to win 10? Of course not, do I think when the ball is kicked off against Kentucky, A&M, Pigs and bearsharks that I think we are losing those games? Nope. At least not today.

Hope is a good thing - 2022 MSU football is full of hope.

vCash
    Even Dave Bartoo thinks we will have one of the best Ds in the SEC. He thinks we could have a top 20 defense.

We have a WR stable like we've never had and an experienced QB that can get them ball.

We lost two of our top four producers in the WR room, but we do have some potential. Hopefully, Will works on his release and gets the ball downfield quickly.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    We lost two of our top four producers in the WR room, but we do have some potential. Hopefully, Will works on his release and gets the ball downfield quickly.
    Malik Heath was a backup player by the end of the year. He got his spot taken by a freshman.

vCash
    WR-Jaden Walley, Austin Williams
    WR-Tulu Griffin, Justin Robinson,Antonio Harmon
    WR-Caleb Ducking, Rara Thomas
    WR-Jamire Calvin, Jamorris Hopson

Nah, we good.

vCash

Nah, we good.
    Don't forget my man Scoobie - he had the same YPC as Heath and did damn well for a walk on.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Don't forget my man Scoobie - he had the same YPC as Heath and did damn well for a walk on.
    Oh shit yeah. Scoobie Ford caught some clutch passes last season. I suggest some folks go back and watch our come back game against Auburn to see how Will spread it around. Polk and Heath weren't the only guys making catches.

vCash

Nah, we good.
    Last year's contributors. A couple of our top guys are gone. Rara is obviously gonna step up, but I'm not overly excited about the big play ability of the group. Hopefully they show out, but one or two injuries and we could be in trouble.

Player Games Rec. YpC TDs
    Makai Polk 13 105 10.0 9
    Jaden Walley 13 55 11.4 6
    Austin Williams 13 52 11.9 4
    Malik Heath 10 34 13.0 5
    Jamire Calvin 12 29 7.6 3
    L Griffin 10 26 10.3 0
    Christian Forde 7 19 13.0 0
    Rara Thomas 7 18 14.0 5
    Caleb Ducking 3 9 9.2 0
    Rufus Harvey 3 5 7.8 1

vCash
    Last year's contributors. A couple of our top guys are gone. Rara is obviously gonna step up, but I'm not overly excited about the big play ability of the group. Hopefully they show out, but one or two injuries and we could be in trouble.

Player Games Rec. YpC TDs
    Makai Polk 13 105 10.0 9
    Jaden Walley 13 55 11.4 6
    Austin Williams 13 52 11.9 4
    Malik Heath 10 34 13.0 5
    Jamire Calvin 12 29 7.6 3
    L Griffin 10 26 10.3 0
    Christian Forde 7 19 13.0 0
    Rara Thomas 7 18 14.0 5
    Caleb Ducking 3 9 9.2 0
    Rufus Harvey 3 5 7.8 1

We'll be fine. Got better WRs than Mullen had in most of his 9 years. Y'all settle down.

vCash
    We'll be fine. Got better WRs than Mullen had in most of his 9 years. Y'all settle down.
    Concur, but ******* didn't rely on WRs.

vCash
    Concur, but ******* didn't rely on WRs.
    And that bit him in his pompous ass. You gotta have more than one Bear Wilson on the offense. Josh and Aeris could only do so much.