Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
Then consider yourself lucky. I'm a decade younger than you, in decent shape, non-smoker, rarely have taken antibiotics, never gotten a flu shot, never had the flu, had 1 sinus infection in 20 years as my only illness.
A year ago this week I got what I thought was a sinus infection which turned out to be COVID. I hit my 10 day mark and thought it had cleared, when my O2 level crashed and I was admitted for COVID pneumonia. O2 level was 82, then dropped my first 24 hours in the hospital. Spent a week on oxygen and getting remdesivir treatments along with about a dozen other things. A year in and I'm still not back to pre-COVID capacity. No cardio capacity, sleep cycles out of whack, battle with exhaustion.
So just because it doesn't impact you doesn't mean others have the same experience.

And I got the vaccine as soon as I could so I can lessen my future risks.
Why are you bringing a real life example to this discussion Brunswick, when we know all pertinent information comes from memes????

I'm sure a lot of these posters will also raise hell when their insurance costs go up due to a COVID surcharge from being unvaccinated as enrollment for most is right around the corner. I'm glad you made it though, but the care provided to you in the hospital wasn't free. At the end of the day, we're all left to pay for the ignorant and lazy. The problem is that those that are ignorant blame the lazy and the lazy blame the ignorant.