Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bounds drops another recruiting name

vCash

Bounds drops another recruiting name

On his Wednesday interview with Steve, Bo asks about a WR out of Meridian that we have not offered. Bo sounded frustrated as did Steve. The kid has a FSU offer only (I think that's his only offer). Anyways... good sized kid.

What is the deal with the kid?

Why is someone feeding Bo recruit names to mention on air? Seems purposeful to me. Of course he blamed Emerick.

Just curious.

vCash
    Bo is a pompous dick head.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    On his Wednesday interview with Steve, Bo asks about a WR out of Meridian that we have not offered. Bo sounded frustrated as did Steve. The kid has a FSU offer only (I think that's his only offer). Anyways... good sized kid.

Why is someone feeding Bo recruit names to mention on air? Seems purposeful to me. Of course he blamed Emerick.

Just curious.
    I don't know who evaluates our WRs but I tend to trust the staff on that. If he's in Meridian and we haven't offered, I assume he's just not a fit.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Because recruiting has changed and it?s driving people crazy. Kiffin and Leach are going to recruit more out of state than in state. Plus now with transfer rules it?s extremely hard for high school coaches to get p5 coaches to look at anyone that isn?t a 4 or 5 star kid. Why risk rolling the dice as a p5 coach on a high school kid when you can get a known commodity from group of 5 in the portal?

vCash
    Because we're probably looking at a kid in Texas that fits what Leach wants to a T.

vCash
    Per other boards - Because the kid is a borderline WR and more of a safety and a lifelong FSU fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Because we're probably looking at a kid in Texas that fits what Leach wants to a T.
    Yeah. That's exactly what Steve pondered. Which lead to the question... is that good idea, to pass on local kids. But...it's Leach's call ultimately.

vCash
    When Leach moves on from MSU, maybe we can hire a favorite son from Mississippi who recruits wide receivers from local Run oriented programs.😳

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    When Leach moves on from MSU, maybe we can hire a favorite son from Mississippi who recruits wide receivers from local Run oriented programs.😳
    +1 (insert Bill & Ted excellent gif)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    When Leach moves on from MSU, maybe we can hire a favorite son from Mississippi who recruits wide receivers from local Run oriented programs.��
    Bounds and Steve are pro Leach. So....

vCash
    Yeah. That's exactly what Steve pondered. Which lead to the question... is that good idea, to pass on local kids. But...it's Leach's call ultimately.
    Leach has expanded the footprint. We're used to Mullen getting the 2* kid from Itta Bena and coaching him up to a 3* his junior and senior year. Those days are gone.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash

Just curious.

I don’t know the answer but I would love to hear Leach and Bo Bounds have a conversation about wide receiver play and have Leach ask Bo why he likes this guy over whoever Leach ends up offering instead. I would love to hear Bo try to explain to Leach why he knows more about what to look for in a wide receiver than the guy who has quarterbacks throw to running backs and receivers at a clip of nearly 5 thousand yards per season. I am not a trust the coach guy on all things but I think Leach has earned the right to not be questioned on offensive skill player recruiting.

vCash
    He's about 50/50 on in-state high school WR's in his two full cycles, which seems like the right move. Take as many local kids as you can to keep those inroads fresh, but we need a mix of outside talent that starts a lot further ahead understanding this scheme and more developed at the position in general.
    Last edited by thf24; 07-22-2022 at 11:28 AM.

vCash
    I don't know anything about this WR but I'll say this.

In the NIL/transfer portal world, getting talented local kids that want to be here is the blueprint for MSU to stay a good program. We can't do it otherwise, so leaving any talented kids close to home is a mistake in the day and time IMHO.

If a kid travels a long way to get to us, he is willing to transfer anywhere if he don't get his way. One and done doesn't buy us much.

vCash
    Leach has expanded the footprint. We're used to Mullen getting the 2* kid from Itta Bena and coaching him up to a 3* his junior and senior year. Those days are gone.
    Yeah they are but those 2 star kids worked out pretty good didn't they?

vCash
    Yep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I don't know anything about this WR but I'll say this.

In the NIL/transfer portal world, getting talented local kids that want to be here is the blueprint for MSU to stay a good program. We can't do it otherwise, so leaving any talented kids close to home is a mistake in the day and time IMHO.

If a kid travels a long way to get to us, he is willing to transfer anywhere if he don't get his way. One and done doesn't buy us much.
    If this kid from Mississippi is as big a FSU fan as stated, then he would surely transfer there if things aren't "perfect" for him at State. All pure speculation obviously, but I trust Leach over Bo and Steve. They just need shit to bitch about for ratings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Yeah they are but those 2 star kids worked out pretty good didn't they?
    They sure did!!!!! But in today's world, half of them would transfer out after their sophomore or junior season once they get attention. I hate what is happening to such a great sport.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Also a 3 star kid that takes two years to get on the field is useless if he transfers before his third year because he had a hard time getting on the field as an under skilled freshman and sophomore.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    He's about 50/50 on in-state high school WR's in his two full cycles, which seems like the right move. Take as many local kids as you can to keep those inroads fresh, but we need a mix of outside talent that starts a lot further ahead understanding this scheme and more developed at the position in general.
    And for 17s sake, win.