Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Would You Do With the South Endzone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    What do you care, you never go. The east side under the stands will be the next thing done. I think it's already in the works.
    That's not true at all. I went to 4 home games last year

We're about to be a $130 mil per year athletic program. My guess is that we can do both.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    In all seriousness, I'm still lost on the whole hotel thing. Official renderings were put out, but there's never been any talk about it. Was that just leaked? Is that an official idea or not? I've never seen something like that come out and essentially get ignored (as far as I can remember anyway).

vCash
    I would put chairback throughout the entire stadium except for visitor's seats and students. We would lose some seats in the process. Then I would mirror the south endzone with the north endzone. We don't need more than 70k seats (if that many).

Though another option would be to take the Dudy Noble model and put condo/suites in the south endzone above new seating that mirrored the north end zone.

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I know we do this every so often, but I always enjoy the ideas created on here.

Post a picture of what you'd want the south endzone to be inspired by.

Personally, I'm fine with a hotel in the South endzone, but the hotel side that is facing the inside of the stadium needs to be a stadium, bowl the stadium in, & add to the STADIUM. Not just be a building in the end zone.
    Last edited by dotcomdawg; 02-11-2020 at 01:58 PM.

vCash
    First thing I?d do to upgrade the stadium is make every seat chair back with a cup holder. Bleachers absolutely suck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    What do you care, you never go. The east side under the stands will be the next thing done. I think it's already in the works.
    Speaking of going, where do most out-of-towners park when they go to DWS? I?d like to start going to at least one game a year but I don?t want to pay $400 a night to stay at a hotel that?s within walking distance of the stadium. There are much cheaper alternatives in the Golden Triangle area, but then I?d have to find some place to park.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    First thing I?d do to upgrade the stadium is make every seat chair back with a cup holder. Bleachers absolutely suck.
    To me, this is actually the first question that needs to be asked. The answer to this question directly effects what you do in the South end zone.

Doing the math, putting chair backs in will decrease the stadium by 20% making DWS a 48,000 sear stadium. If you do that, then you need to build a 13-15 K seat end zone.

vCash
    JMO, but the first thing is to get into it more often... That'd pay for whatever upgrades are desired.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    A very big multi level bar.

vCash
    I figured you would have said to put a dome over it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    THIS. And WiFi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    I hope before I die I get to see a true bowled in Davis Wade.
    I?d like to see the south end bowled in too. It would finish giving us that big time stadium look. The cowbells would probably be even louder too, as there would be nowhere for the sound to escape.

vCash
    Removing the present building and leaving it empty would look better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    Speaking of going, where do most out-of-towners park when they go to DWS? I?d like to start going to at least one game a year but I don?t want to pay $400 a night to stay at a hotel that?s within walking distance of the stadium. There are much cheaper alternatives in the Golden Triangle area, but then I?d have to find some place to park.
    You get a parking pass through the Bulldog Club. Otherwise you park a ways out and either walk in or take one of the shuttles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I know we do this every so often, but I always enjoy the ideas created on here.

Post a picture of what you'd want the south endzone to be inspired by.

Personally, I'm fine with a hotel in the South endzone, but the hotel side that is facing the inside of the stadium needs to be a stadium, bowl the stadium in, & add to the STADIUM. Not just be a building in the end zone.
    Whatever is done needs to be curved to match the north endzone, not squared off like the hotel concept was.

vCash
    T. Boone Pickens stadium. Makes everything look finished off, and does not add extra seats we won't fill

Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    T. Boone Pickens stadium. Makes everything look finished off, and does not add extra seats we won't fill

That's the same as saying we'll never be good enough to pack a 67000 seat stadium. Are we the only team in the SEC besides vandy (and maybe MO) without a bowled in stadium?

vCash

The greatest part about this stadium is the fact the basketball area is part of the football stadium and if you have executive box you have it for both sports.

vCash

Stadium needs to be bowled in by a STADIUM in some fashion. Ridiculous not too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    The greatest part about this stadium is the fact the basketball area is part of the football stadium and if you have executive box you have it for both sports.
    Eh. This stadium kind of sucks in reality. Have been to games there.

vCash
    Whatever is built in the SEZ needs to have an MSU Athletic Hall of Fame and museum attached to it that open to the public and available to rent out for receptions and meetings.

I’ll be damned if they build another 17ing clock museum on prime real estate