Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSU hat question

vCash

MSU hat question

I haven?t had a MSU hat that I actually wear regularly in years because there hasn?t been an option I like. We don?t make any medium crown structured trucker styles which is crazy because it?s probably the most popular hat in America at the moment. I?ve been to College Corner, Iupe?s, Maroon & Co website, The Lodge website, etc... and that style just doesn?t exist. I?m not talking about the high crown like on a 59/50 New Era hat. More like a 39/30 flex. The closest thing I?ve seen to something I wear is the maroon and co patch hat but it?s a Richardson 112 which is a small crown.

I threw 3 hats of mine on the table for reference

Anybody know where I can find this style or am I going to have to go the custom route?

vCash

I get it...

Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    I haven?t had a MSU hat that I actually wear regularly in years because there hasn?t been an option I like. We don?t make any medium crown structured trucker styles which is crazy because it?s probably the most popular hat in America at the moment. I?ve been to College Corner, Iupe?s, Maroon & Co website, The Lodge website, etc... and that style just doesn?t exist. I?m not talking about the high crown like on a 59/50 New Era hat. More like a 39/30 flex. The closest thing I?ve seen to something I wear is the maroon and co patch hat but it?s a Richardson 112 which is a small crown.

I threw 3 hats of mine on the table for reference

Anybody know where I can find this style or am I going to have to go the custom route?

I feel your pain, I usually only wear a visor due to my big head and have had zero luck finding a Miss. State hat to work....

vCash
    To add to this, does anyone know where i could find a interlocking msu hat?

vCash

vCash
    I linked a few I found quickly search Barnes and Noble. They have others also.

https://msstate.bncollege.com/shop/m...mageId=1644194

https://msstate.bncollege.com/shop/m...mageId=1702755

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    I've got that hat - it's not a high crown. Fits my head pretty snug - more like a traditional baseball cap
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbeller View Post
    To add to this, does anyone know where i could find a interlocking msu hat?

If you mean like our MSU baseball caps, then Campus Book Mart had the Maroon and Black caps in a variety of sizes smaller than an 8. I posted this last week sometime that they had gotten a new shipment in.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 02-07-2020 at 11:24 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    Not for me. That’s a very low crown

vCash
    got a drake m state hat this week that is a medium crown style. fits my big head.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    If you mean like our MSU baseball caps, then Campus Book Mart had the Maroon and Black caps in a variety of sizes smaller than an 8. I posted this last week sometime that they had gotten a new shipment in.
    I bought a adidas MSU baseball hat hoping it would work. The crown is a little higher than I like but no big deal. The problem on that hat is the bill. It’s the widest bill on a hat I’ve ever seen. It hangs a solid 2 inches past the front panel. Looks really odd on me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trojandawg View Post
    got a drake m state hat this week that is a medium crown style. fits my big head.

That looks about right. Def worth a try. I’ll try and find that one. It looks close to a Richardson 112 which I have a few of but I don’t wear them much because they’re not quite big enough. Thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolfer View Post
    I feel your pain, I usually only wear a visor due to my big head and have had zero luck finding a Miss. State hat to work....
    Big brains

vCash
    In my opinion, the New Era 39/30 hats are by far the best. But, as you say, almost impossible to find.

vCash
    To me the perfect fit is a yupoong trucker. Lots of brands use that hat for their stuff. I use them for my big hat orders for work. I might just see if my hat plug can make me 5 hats just for me. I think I can get creative enough so I don’t get a cease and desist letter from MSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarDawg View Post
    In my opinion, the New Era 39/30 hats are by far the best. But, as you say, almost impossible to find.
    One of the best fitting hats out there. All my pro team hats are the New Era 39/30 flex. And from a kid standpoint, there isn’t a cooler hat than a 59/50 SnapBack or fitted. I’d love to see MSU brand with them for the kids/recruits. We might not be able to with our adidas deal but that would be a really cool branding opportunity

vCash
    I was looking for a medium crown MSU trucker hat a while back. Also found nothing :/

vCash
    To me the perfect fit is a yupoong trucker. Lots of brands use that hat for their stuff. I use them for my big hat orders for work. I might just see if my hat plug can make me 5 hats just for me. I think I can get creative enough so I don’t get a cease and desist letter from MSU
    I'd give you some money for one if it looks good

vCash
    Is there a MSU list of trademarks anywhere so if I did make myself a hat I don’t infringe on anything?

vCash
    Is there a MSU list of trademarks anywhere so if I did make myself a hat I don’t infringe on anything?
    If it's a school logo - old or new - they have it trademarked. Went thru this this past summer when my daughter was working on a t-shirt design for the student NWA/AMS chapter. She designed an awesome "Walking Bully" in a tornado - kind of like Taz. School wouldn't let them use it.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    MSU golf course has a great selection. I don't believe they have an online store but they have merchandise pictures on Instagram @hailstategc. I believe they will do orders over the phone. I found them because I was looking for the hat Matt Wyatt was wearing in the mike leach video.