Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Our WRs are Getting To Work...

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We can throw bricks at our guys too.
    They could just get the basketball team to have a joint practice if they want bricks thrown at them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    I get the theory behind it, but in a game catching a football is what matters so only practice catching footballs. I don't see our baseball team practice catching or throwing anything else other than baseballs. Our basketball team doesn't have soccer balls out on the court. Practice with what you play with.

Someone has never coached a sport.

vCash
    Just for fun, I did the math. Spring practice opens early March. If we assume the video wasn’t posted the first day he started the routine, it’s reasonable to assume he has 40 days to reach his goal of 15,000 catches. That’s 375/day (not counting drops).

That’s putting in work!

vCash
    After they catch the 15,000 tennis balls, they have to catch 1500 BBs shot from a Daisy Red Ryder!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post
    After they catch the 15,000 tennis balls, they have to catch 1500 BBs shot from a Daisy Red Ryder!
    No, we don't need them to have their eyes put out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    I get the theory behind it, but in a game catching a football is what matters so only practice catching footballs. I don't see our baseball team practice catching or throwing anything else other than baseballs. Our basketball team doesn't have soccer balls out on the court. Practice with what you play with.
    Our baseball team, and probably all MLB teams, uses hitting tees. And they don't play T-ball. And football teams use tackling dummies, cones, blocking sleds, etc. None of those things are allowed in games. Every sport practices with things they don't play with. I can't think of one sport that doesn't honestly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    No, we don't need them to hxave their eyes put out.

Nothing goes over my head! My reflexes are too fast. I would catch it! - Drax

vCash
    When my daughter was playing travel softball, we used skittles, practice wiffle golf balls and tennis balls for catching drills. All 3 are difficult to catch. This trains dexterity, concentration, spatial awareness, muscle control, depth perception and EYE/hand coordination.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by softballfanatic1 View Post
    When my daughter was playing travel softball, we used skittles, practice wiffle golf balls and tennis balls for catching drills. All 3 are difficult to catch. This trains dexterity, concentration, spatial awareness, muscle control, depth perception and EYE/hand coordination.
    I've seen Albert Pujols use gum. During a game no less!

vCash
    Yep, google sports vision training. It?s crazy what especially MLB players are doing to train their EYE/hand coordination, reaction time and depth perception. Not to pick on the guy who said just catch footballs but there?s so many drills that improve skills

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yep. When i was a kid I spent hours a day bouncing a tennis ball off a wall and fielding it with my glove. Great hand/eye coordination drill
    Same here Commerce. Ended up being a damn good fielder at 1st base on grounders and picking low throws. Couldn't hit worth a shit though.