Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Why there will be football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    Just another reminder, because apparently no one seems to remember this, or wants to acknowledge it, but not wearing a mask is killing the economy right now. The 60+ crowd are the ones with the most disposable income, and study after study has shown that these people are indeed staying home because they don't feel safe. And it's the low wage service workers that serve this demographic that have lost the most jobs. So if you give a shit about people out of work, please wear a mask. The economics of Mississippi may be different because it's more rural with a smaller economy, but it's worth being aware of just the same.
    Masks or no masks, this is still gonna spread. If anything, the masks will lengthen the time it takes to run its course. You people thinking masks are an instant solution are nieve at best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Masks or no masks, this is still gonna spread. If anything, the masks will lengthen the time it takes to run its course. You people thinking masks are an instant solution are nieve at best.
    If masks were the Harry Potter wand they're made out to be we would have been encouraged to wear them every flu season before now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    This is such bullshit. Especially when protesting is allowed and encouraged but football outdoors isn't?

Maybe some things are out of our control. Fortunately with this you have 99% chance of living even if you go to a football game.
    Zero bullshit. People could have acted differently and the cases would be much lower... like every other civilized country. Yeah, and 17 the 1% that might die.

Protest encouraged? By that evil media? Lolz
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 07-10-2020 at 10:55 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Prove it.

We're are the laughing stock of the world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post

And the death rate just keeps on dropping.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/d...-3-day-average

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    And the death rate just keeps on dropping.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/d...-3-day-average

And IF it's starts going up we'll just blame the hospitals for inflating the numbers for cash, right?

vCash

The populations of those countries together is approx. 255 million. The US has over 380 million. Testing is far more accessible than three months ago.

You cannot hide from a virus. You cannot wait it out.

I work in the medical field. All three of my MDs say this whole thing is all BULLSHIT.

vCash
    Zero bullshit. People could have acted differently and the cases would be much lower... like every other civilized country. Yeah, and 17 the 1% that might die.

People could have acted differently and the cases would be lower, for now. It's not clear how sustainable that is. And it's not clear how much worse the damage to the economy would be.

We probably won't have a good idea of who handled it the best for another year or maybe even two depending on how long people keep modifying their behavior, and we see how many excess deaths there were over time and how everybody's economy did, and even then, it will be hard to figure out. For example, we're going to have a decent number of excess deaths from demoralizing so many of our police departments in relatively violent cities. Somebody is going to have to do the work of trying to determine which excess deaths, such as suicide, are probably meaningfully driven by our covid response, and which excess deaths, like increased murders in inner cities where police are under fire, are not. And then also how much of it was driven not by COVID policy responses but by endogenous factors like how unhealthy and susceptible the population is to begin with.
    Last edited by Johnson85; 07-10-2020 at 11:20 AM.

vCash

Is there zero correlation that massive protests of millions started and cases began to explode? Is that not at least part of the cause for case explosion? I'm not saying the protest were wrong mind you.

Did you condemn the protest as unwise with respect to the spread of covid? Maybe you did, I honestly don't know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Is there zero correlation that massive protests of millions started and cases began to explode? Is that not at least part of the cause for case explosion? I'm not saying the protest were wrong mind you.

Did you condemn the protest as unwise with respect to the spread of covid? Maybe you did, I honestly don't know.
    The explosion is very much related to the protests, not only because there was transmission but probably just as importantly and maybe more importantly, because the response to the protests clearly communicated that people claiming COVID was serious and deadly didn't really believe that very strongly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    The populations of those countries together is approx. 255 million. The US has over 380 million. Testing is far more accessible than three months ago.

You cannot hide from a virus. You cannot wait it out.

I work in the medical field. All three of my MDs say this whole thing is all BULLSHIT.
    I know it's hard to contain your zeal to say Covid is bullshit over and over. This post was for Todd. He asked Sheldon to prove how masks, social distancing and shutdowns were successful.

Yes the protests absolutely share responsibility of cases going up, but the rise started after Memorial Day when people just said 17 it, I'm going on with my life. Fine, herd community and all that jazz... good for you. Well, and back to my original post, you're about to screw us all out of a football season. I'm sure we'll have plenty of blame to go around if that happens but the fact is we could've prevented a lot of this WHILE still opening our economy.

vCash
    damn ... I think this thread caught Covid ... Maybe y'all need to wear a mask while typing
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    damn ... I think this thread caught Covid ... Maybe y'all need to wear a mask while typing
    It did.

vCash
    I know it's hard to contain your zeal to say Covid is bullshit over and over. This post was for Todd. He asked Sheldon to prove how masks, social distancing and shutdowns were successful.
    If by zeal you mean to uncover the veracity of what is just a campaign year stunt all b/c "Orange Man Bad". Yeah, I'm a zealot and it's still bullshit.

But, hey, you post shit. You get a response. It's a message board.

vCash

Since you like to post about protests, I have a quick question for you: what came first - Trump publicly encouraging people to protest their state to reopen (to which they did) or George Floyd's death???

Now, I'm not asking which had more people participate - I'm simply asking which one came first. I've linked some hints for you below as you attempt to answer my question...

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...erous-n1187391

https://www.nytimes.com/article/geor...-timeline.html

vCash

Turfdawg, your graph was out of date.

Also, EU population = 446 million

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Since you like to post about protests, I have a quick question for you: what came first - Trump publicly encouraging people to protest their state to reopen (to which they did) or George Floyd's death???

Now, I'm not asking which had more people participate - I'm simply asking which one came first. I've linked some hints for you below as you attempt to answer my question...

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...erous-n1187391

https://www.nytimes.com/article/geor...-timeline.html
    Trump did. Not sure your point? I support all peaceful protests, even if I disagree with the underlying cause which the protest supports.

vCash

Sure, it was unwise. But isn't it strange that cases aren't exploding in the areas with the largest protests, like NYC, DC, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, etc?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Sure, it was unwise. But isn't it strange that cases aren't exploding in the areas with the largest protests, like NYC, DC, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, etc?
    I hope that's a good sign that there is immunity, seeing as nyc and Chicago and philly have had explosions previously. Not sure about Boston or dc, but generally the north was hit harder previously and the south now. Maybe that's why Houston and Phoenix have seen spikes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Not really. Seems pretty clear climate plus the time of initial exposure plays a pretty significant role in the spread. The places you are mentioning have largely already had a spike and were unable to flatten the curve to begin with. Most of the places COVID is exploding now didn't have big spikes to begin with and are very hot and tend to spend much mroe time indoors with the air conditioning cranked up.