Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Saturday Scrimmage

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We dont have a legit pass-rusher which means we better be good in the Secondary. Except that we arent very good there at all. Thats a problem.
    We are green at LB'er and our best one struggles in pass coverage
    Jucos need adjustment time
    We dont have a dominant DL player for the 2nd year in a row and we lost arguably our best one to transfer.
    Almost no depth

A good DC cant mask all that. They will play hard and thats all we can ask.
    I don't disagree with most in this post. I will say Crumedy will be better than Lovett.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    We have a walkon & Korey Charles battling for a 2 deep spot at CB, we'd definitely be better with Jarrian here.
    Oh I agree with that. I was talking about him being an NFL talent.

vCash
    We have a walkon & Korey Charles battling for a 2 deep spot at CB, we'd definitely be better with Jarrian here.
    Hard to explain that to most.

vCash
    Not trying to be a downer, but maybe the receivers looked so good because the DBs were that bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Hard to explain that to most.
    I understand that. I respect your info and posts Homedawg but you don't have to be such an asshole about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Not trying to be a downer, but maybe the receivers looked so good because the DBs were that bad.
    That would assume that Leach has no idea what he’s looking at.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I understand that. I respect your info and posts Homedawg but you don't have to be such an asshole about it.
    I was just conferring w iyok. Sorry if you took it that way. Wasn't intended to you or meant that way. Usually one can tell when I'm trying to be an ass.

vCash
    From a getting open standpoint and winning jump balls, you could be right. But just from the basics of catching the ball when open (which is a big improvement from all the drops), the dBs being bad wouldn't impact that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I was just conferring w iyok. Sorry if you took it that way. Wasn't intended to you or meant that way. Usually one can tell when I'm trying to be an ass.
    Gotcha. My bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Naw Its to prepare everyone not to freak out when we give up some points and yards this year. Also, there's a consensus that we have found a great DC and given enough time to develop depth and get a little more talent on certain spots we'll be back to having a nasty defense.

Heck man I'm just glad we're arguing football again and not all that other stuff!

It's good to have it back!
    If we've truly found a great DC then we should be at least an average defense with the personnel we have. An average DC can put a really good defense on the field when stocked at every position. When JLD got here he made a big difference taking over for Bill Clay. And Grantham was a huge difference when taking over for Peter Sirmon. If Arnett knows what he is doing then I think we have enough talent to be a middling SEC defense.

vCash
    The WR are clearly better & also the CB are young & inexperienced. Emerson is SEC ready. Forbes & Richardson have very high ceilings but are going to get baptized in fire this year. Furdge can be a 2 deep guy & he's improved but it is worrisome that he's in line to start the season. The secondary will make some plays this year but also give up a good many. Our WR's are going to be a surprise to the fanbase IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    If we've truly found a great DC then we should be at least an average defense with the personnel we have. An average DC can put a really good defense on the field when stocked at every position. When JLD got here he made a big difference taking over for Bill Clay. And Grantham was a huge difference when taking over for Peter Sirmon. If Arnett knows what he is doing then I think we have enough talent to be a middling SEC defense.
    It's my hope as well that we have a middle of the road defense this year. I imagine we will have some flashes and we will play with effort(which has been lacking) but we're going to give up yards and points this year at times in bunches and that's not negative just the way it's gonna be this year. We don't have any pass rushers on the dl which means we will have to blitz which will leave our inexperienced and thin secondary on an island which will
    mean giving up some big plays. I have lot of hope for the future though.

vCash
    Lovett isn't a problem kid he just didn't want to be at MSU. That's cool doesn't make him a bad kid. He's a future NFL talent & we would be a better team on the field with him. Same with Jarrian.
    Would you agree that if people are unhappy where they are, that unhappiness will be manifested, usually in a negative manner?

No doubt they are excellent players but would that excellence out weigh the manifestation of being unhappy?

IYHO?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We dont have a legit pass-rusher which means we better be good in the Secondary. Except that we arent very good there at all. Thats a problem.
    We are green at LB'er and our best one struggles in pass coverage
    Jucos need adjustment time
    We dont have a dominant DL player for the 2nd year in a row and we lost arguably our best one to transfer.
    Almost no depth

A good DC cant mask all that. They will play hard and thats all we can ask.
    Just to be clear, you?re saying Lovett is better than Pickering and Crumedy both?.....
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    The WR are clearly better & also the CB are young & inexperienced. Emerson is SEC ready. Forbes & Richardson have very high ceilings but are going to get baptized in fire this year. Furdge can be a 2 deep guy & he's improved but it is worrisome that he's in line to start the season. The secondary will make some plays this year but also give up a good many. Our WR's are going to be a surprise to the fanbase IMO.
    Who are the 8 guys you think will get the most PT at WR?

And who have you heard good things about not named Mitchell or Payton?
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    Would you agree that if people are unhappy where they are, that unhappiness will be manifested, usually in a negative manner?

No doubt they are excellent players but would that excellence out weigh the manifestation of being unhappy?

IYHO?
    I think could I don't think it's a foregone conclusion it would have. I think once they got on the field they would've produced.

vCash
    Shotgun, He's telling you that so you don't go postal the second game in when our D struggles like you typically do and start spouting the D coordinator sucks etc. etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    Who are the 8 guys you think will get the most PT at WR?

And who have you heard good things about not named Mitchell or Payton?
    Heath Mitchell Williams Payton Tulu Shavers Spivey Cumbest & Jones.

Heath Tulu & Austin have all been consistent playmakers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    Shotgun, He's telling you that so you don't go postal the second game in when our D struggles like you typically do and start spouting the D coordinator sucks etc. etc.
    BB gets it.

vCash
    Heath Mitchell Williams Payton Tulu Shavers Spivey Cumbest & Jones.

Heath Tulu & Austin have all been consistent playmakers.
    Tell us what you have heard about Schrader this fall. Always appreciate your info.