Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: dogs vs cocks game 3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If we wanna win it all, we gonna have to get more innings from sims. I wanna see us start working him back-to-back days more
    If this were a regional I'd agree. But I wouldn't have thrown him today either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    If this were a regional I'd agree. But I wouldn't have thrown him today either.
    I'd like to see us limit him to inning a game these last 2 weekends, but use him in successive days or Friday-Sunday.

vCash
    You don't disagree yet Hancock was hitting forth. And most on here bitch about James playing third period. Yet our defensive replacement mad the throwing error.
    I didn?t have a problem necessarily pulling Hancock for Hatcher or James for Leggett, one or the other but not both. Or leaving it as it is, which is what I mist likely would have done. Just not both 3 and 4 hole hitters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    not with Sims...if sims cant come in for one inning to win the series he is a puss
    Seriously, if Sims can't come in and pitch one inning with possibly the SEC title on the line after throwing 34 pitches the day before then we don't deserve an SEC title. He wouldn't have pitched again for a minimum of another 5 days after today anyway. In fact, we may not even need him at all in the Missouri series next weekend. If he is that fragile then Lemonis made a serious mistake yesterday pitching him 2 innings with a 3 run lead. We could have probably had somebody else pitch the 8th yesterday and still won.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Seriously, if Sims can't come in and pitch one inning with possibly the SEC title on the line after throwing 34 pitches the day before then we don't deserve an SEC title. He wouldn't have pitched again for a minimum of another 5 days after today anyway. In fact, we may not even need him at all in the Missouri series next weekend. If he is that fragile then Lemonis made a serious mistake yesterday pitching him 2 innings with a 3 run lead. We could have probably had somebody else pitch the 8th yesterday and still won.
    Missouri series starts Thursday, not Friday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Missouri series starts Thursday, not Friday.
    That's good. I'm ready to get this taste out of my mouth.

vCash
    Who said he's fragile? You're going off the deep end. If you want to blame someone, blame Hancock for us having to use him yesterday. That's where the game was lost when we blew a 9-3 lead Bc we can't catch.

vCash
    Who said he's fragile? You're going off the deep end. If you want to blame someone, blame Hancock for us having to use him yesterday. That's where the game was lost when we blew a 9-3 lead Bc we can't catch.
    Deep end? If he can't pitch one inning after throwing 34 pitches the day before knowing he won't pitch again for days and days then yes, he is pretty fragile. If winning the SEC is meaningless then whatever, guess it doesn't matter anyway. But Lemonis screwed up yesterday throwing him in the 8th if that's his situation. With a 3 run lead, he should have only come out in the 8th if SC got the tying run to the plate.

vCash
    Deep end? If he can't pitch one inning after throwing 34 pitches the day before knowing he won't pitch again for days and days then yes, he is pretty fragile. If winning the SEC is meaningless then whatever, guess it doesn't matter anyway. But Lemonis screwed up yesterday throwing him in the 8th if that's his situation. With a 3 run lead, he should have only come out in the 8th if SC got the tying run to the plate.
    Well you are inferring a whole lot...he didn’t call down to the dugout to tell the coach he wasn’t pitching today. That decision came from the coach. I want to see him get some back to back games now and not wait until the tournament but Sims isn’t making that decision.

vCash
    Well you are inferring a whole lot...he didn’t call down to the dugout to tell the coach he wasn’t pitching today. That decision came from the coach. I want to see him get some back to back games now and not wait until the tournament but Sims isn’t making that decision.
    When did I say it was his decision? I understand the call is 100% on the coaches.

vCash
    When did I say it was his decision? I understand the call is 100% on the coaches.
    Deep end? If he can't pitch one inning after throwing 34 pitches the day before knowing he won't pitch again for days and days then yes, he is pretty fragile. .

Then why are you calling out the player?!?

vCash
    Deep end? If he can't pitch one inning after throwing 34 pitches the day before knowing he won't pitch again for days and days then yes, he is pretty fragile. .

Then why are you calling out the player?!?
    Gracious, the coaches obviously believe he can't pitch again in that situation even though the coaches know he won't pitch again for days. Nowhere in that did I say that somehow Sims didn't want to pitch or refuse to go in the game. Pretty obvious our coaches are going the opposite extreme of what Bianco does in protecting arms and are willing to sacrifice regular season accomplishments in the process if need be. Heck, we don't know for sure our coaches will even push anyone in post-season. I mean I wish we had another truly dependable end game pitcher other than Sims, but at this point we don't.

vCash
    He threw 34 pitches last night.
    Yeah that's not enough to keep him out of the ninth or just get 2 outs. Heck he might have only had to throw 10 pitches.

vCash
    So you'd have left Hancock in at first?? W a lead in the 9th?? No way
    Yes leave Hancock. And we should not have messed with brilliant Infield of Friday and Saturday

In a home run park like Founders, a 1-run lead can fly over a wall regardless of replacements or shifts, so you don?t trade a competent bat for a zero threat hitter with only marginally better defense.

Polk explained on radio how K James bat is invigorated by not playing defense.