Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: please Reggie--stop the 17ing traveling

vCash

please Reggie--stop the 17ing traveling

.Surely a 1st round draft choice can quit turning the ball over. Carter you are a Senior---can you not step out of bounds? And Woodard-come on an step up, that getting trapped on the sideline while dribbling between your legs is driving Us crazy. DJ a player we were worried about at the start of the Year--IMHO is the most clutch player we have. Plus he can defend. For all the grief Nick has had dumped on Him, was the reason we won. And Ado keeps on defending and rebounding and blocking shots. Perry was being abused by Kotsi thank the Lord ADO stepped up and guarded the piss out of Him.

vCash
    Ummmmmm.....

vCash
    I dont think I've seen a player travel as much as Perry - and then get mad and slam the ball every time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    .Surely a 1st round draft choice can quit turning the ball over. Carter you are a Senior---can you not step out of bounds? And Woodard-come on an step up, that getting trapped on the sideline while dribbling between your legs is driving Us crazy. DJ a player we were worried about at the start of the Year--IMHO is the most clutch player we have. Plus he can defend. For all the grief Nick has had dumped on Him, was the reason we won. And Ado keeps on defending and rebounding and blocking shots. Perry was being abused by Kotsi thank the Lord ADO stepped up and guarded the piss out of Him.
    He’s not going to be a first round draft pick. Sam Vecenie has as good of a pulse on where players will go as anyone I have seen, and he has Reggie Perry going in the 50s of the draft, which puts him at the end of the second round. That means no guaranteed contract. Sam has Robert Woodard going ahead of him.

Reggie needs to think long and hard about his future here. Can he improve his stock any by staying and go higher in 2021? Honestly, I’m not sure. That’s going to be the first draft that lets teams draft high school kids again, and that fact may ultimately push him and Woodard down. Teams don’t like to take 3 plus year players high in the draft any longer.

What I would tell Reggie if I were an advisor is that while he may not improve his stock, he would be more prepared to actually stick with a team by staying another year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    He’s not going to be a first round draft pick. Sam Vecenie has as good of a pulse on where players will go as anyone I have seen, and he has Reggie Perry going in the 50s of the draft, which puts him at the end of the second round. That means no guaranteed contract. Sam has Robert Woodard going ahead of him.

Reggie needs to think long and hard about his future here. Can he improve his stock any by staying and go higher in 2021? Honestly, I’m not sure. That’s going to be the first draft that lets teams draft high school kids again, and that fact may ultimately push him and Woodard down. Teams don’t like to take 3 plus year players high in the draft any longer.

What I would tell Reggie if I were an advisor is that while he may not improve his stock, he would be more prepared to actually stick with a team by staying another year.
    Pick 9, 11, 20, 21, 22, 24 26 were all Jrs/Srs. Not that crazy

vCash
    There is a better chance Perry doesn't get drafted than him going in the first round.... Woodard is a much better prospect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    There is a better chance Perry doesn't get drafted than him going in the first round.... Woodard is a much better prospect.
    This is not true based on any current mock drafts. Perry is anywhere from solidly in the first round to around pick 40-45, but he's in there on all of them.

Woodard isn't in any projection I've seen.

vCash
    I've seen Perry as low as mid fifties. Now I haven't looked at many lately, last one I saw had Woodard late in the first and Perry at 50. W that said, that's my opinion to go with the few mocks I've seen.
    ETA- espn latest has Woodard in the first and Perry 57.
    Last edited by Homedawg; 02-20-2020 at 01:13 PM.

vCash
    ESPN is hot garbage with respect to mocks. Woodard is coming back, barring something crazy happening at the nba combine.

Reggie is likely an early 2nd round pick right now, with a chance to move into the late first round at the combine.

vCash
    I told a friend of mine after the first few games that I just didn't see an NBA player when I saw Perry. I saw an NBA body, but not the skills and I'm not sure he's going to develop into one either. He's a really good college player and will make good money playing basketball somewhere, I just have doubts that he'll ever stick on an NBA roster. He's a 4, but he's not really a stretch 4 and he's not a power 4 either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post

Only issue is that I'm not seeing a lot of guys improve year by year under Howland and staff. He can come back, and I would love for him to, but I doubt he would improve his stock much.

vCash
    No way in hell Perry goes 1st round NBA......no 17ing way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Only issue is that I'm not seeing a lot of guys improve year by year under Howland and staff. He can come back, and I would love for him to, but I doubt he would improve his stock much.
    Ado has really improved. Perry has made a big jump, some of that credit probably goes to team USA.

I didn't expect DJ Stewart to play this well. He has improved from the beginning of the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I've seen Perry as low as mid fifties. Now I haven't looked at many lately, last one I saw had Woodard late in the first and Perry at 50. W that said, that's my opinion to go with the few mocks I've seen.
    ETA- espn latest has Woodard in the first and Perry 57.
    I do see that...but nobody else has that. I mean nobody.

I'll certainly give you that Perry is no strong bet to go in the 1st at this point. Some do have him there, but certainly not all or even most. But everything I've seen outside of ESPN has Perry above Woodard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    No way in hell Perry goes 1st round NBA......no 17ing way.
    You would probably say that about most of the guys who actually will be drafted there if you watched them consistently. Guys like Okoro and Maxey, who will likely go near the top of the draft, have obvious flaws and aren't as productive as Perry is.

vCash
    I don't see Reggie coming back, but an interesting player to look at in this conversation is Nick Richards at Kentucky. He came out of HS as a "all everything" and it has taken him to his jr year to emerge as a legit NBA guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I do see that...but nobody else has that. I mean nobody.

I'll certainly give you that Perry is no strong bet to go in the 1st at this point. Some do have him there, but certainly not all or even most. But everything I've seen outside of ESPN has Perry above Woodard.
    https://theathletic.com/1603325/2020...dline-edition/

43. San Antonio Spurs
    Robert Woodard | 6-7 forward | 20 years old, sophomore | Mississippi State
    There is some thought out there that Woodard could end up being a first round pick, but I’m not quite sure I get it when you look beyond the surface numbers. Sure, he’s averaging 11.7 points and 7.1 rebounds, and doing so while being 6-foot-7 with a 7-foot-1 wingspan. But look closer, and things aren’t quite what they appear. He’s a low-volume 3-point shooter that basically only takes open ones. He has a negative assist-to-turnover ratio and doesn’t really handle the ball all that well. He’s much more of a project as opposed to being a finished product. I like him in the second round as a flyer, but it’s tough to sell him as a first for me even in this draft.
    57. Charlotte Hornets (via BOS)
    Reggie Perry | 6-10 center | 19 years old, sophomore | Mississippi State
    Perry was good at both the G League Combine and the NBA Combine last year, and then went to the U19 World Cup this summer and won the MVP by averaging 17 points. All he’s done this year is something similar, averaging 17 points and 10 rebounds with over a block and a steal per night. He’s in the running for SEC Player of the Year. So why is he lower on the board for teams? NBA teams just aren’t sure what position he is. Because he’s not a shooter, it’s going to be tough to play him at the 4. However, he’s not quite big/long enough to be a true rim protector and interior presence. He is a potential backup big man who will need to keep developing the jumper to stick, even if he’s this productive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    I dont think I've seen a player travel as much as Perry - and then get mad and slam the ball every time.
    He'll get away with it in the NBA.

vCash
    Fair enough, I stand corrected. I guess I'm just looking at different mock drafts. NBAdraft.net has Reggie Perry 39th on their consensus mock draft and doesn't have Woodard listed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Fair enough, I stand corrected. I guess I'm just looking at different mock drafts. NBAdraft.net has Reggie Perry 39th on their consensus mock draft and doesn't have Woodard listed.
    I wonder if the omission of Woodard is people don't think he's coming out?? Speculation of course. I think he has a chance to be a good pro. I could be wrong.