Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
On paper it looks like an average hire at best. I am continually blown away that Jordan Bischel at Central Michigan has not been scooped up by a better program yet. Or at least a program in the South. That CMU team impressed the hell out of me when they were in our regional in 19 and Bischel is a charismatic personality who I believe could and would recruit very well at a program who gave him the resources to do so.
It's an interesting hire. He has more MLB connections now than when he was at Southern I would imagine. With those scouting connections it may very well work. He also may fall flat on his face or take another job in pro baseball as well. Seems to be a boom or bust type of deal but if it is a bust they really won't be in any worse of a position than they've ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
I remember back when Memphis played pretty good and Polk often got chased up there. I'll never forget the one where he told a reporter "they were homering us and I don't like being homered." I went to see us play there once in the late 80's and if not for STATE Fans, the crowd woulda been 'bout the size the ones I remember back at Brandon High. Do their fans show up these days at Auto Zone Park? Their previous old venue was VERY High Schoolish.
No their fans don't show up. Quite frankly they don't care. There is no reason that they shouldn't be as good as USM, Tulane, or La Tech given their footprint.