Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chris Doering on SXM SEC Radio this am: SEC is playing no matter what

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    If we play 10 games, I will be shocked. My oldest moved into the Phi Mu house Saturday. She tested positive this morning, and I drove to campus and picked her up. Which means she was probably infected before she left for school. They have already had 2 test positive and it has not been a week into it. I just cannot see college campuses doing well in this environment.
    Sorry to hear that. Praying that she's going to ok.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Again. The BIG10 apparently went well I to the red last year on their budget. I think that has a lot to do with it
    And that makes zero sense. They are all going to lose way more this year wo football. Way more!!!

vCash
    If we play 10 games, I will be shocked. My oldest moved into the Phi Mu house Saturday. She tested positive this morning, and I drove to campus and picked her up. Which means she was probably infected before she left for school. They have already had 2 test positive and it has not been a week into it. I just cannot see college campuses doing well in this environment.
    Hate to hear that thick... she'll be fine I hope!

vCash
    Probably the result of an aggressive pillow fight or some such. I hear that?s all that happens in those sorority houses.

But for real, hope she gets better quickly.

vCash
    Are we (MSU) not resting incoming students when they move in?

vCash
    No testing of students before moving in. You cannot go to a medical facility of any kind and get tested unless you have symptoms. There?s not enough tests to do prophylactic testing for all US citizens at this point. Plus, the rapid assay tests are producing a significant amount of false positives and false negatives.

vCash
    Oh, it's going to explode on campus. No two ways about it. You can't put that many boys and girls together without lots and lots of shenanigans.

But there is nothing you can do to stop it either. So we should just let it be what it is and go forward from there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    Oh, it's going to explode on campus. No two ways about it. You can't put that many boys and girls together without lots and lots of shenanigans.

But there is nothing you can do to stop it either. So we should just let it be what it is and go forward from there.
    You can't run and hide from a virus. It has to run its course. Take necessary precautions and protect the most vulnerable are the only things you can really do. This digging a hole and crawling in it is bullshit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    You can't run and hide from a virus. It has to run its course. Take necessary precautions and protect the most vulnerable are the only things you can really do. This digging a hole and crawling in it is bullshit.
    "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to TrapGame aGAIN."

Nailed it. We're just delaying the inevitable with this lockdown nonsense. It's going to work its way through the population regardless. So protect those who need it most, but otherwise, let us get back to living life. Destroying your entire economy needlessly is absurd.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to TrapGame aGAIN."

Nailed it. We're just delaying the inevitable with this lockdown nonsense. It's going to work its way through the population regardless. So protect those who need it most, but otherwise, let us get back to living life. Destroying your entire economy needlessly is absurd.
    Right on.

vCash
    Truth, we have never and will never stop a .2 micron size virus. The thinking about stopping it is not science. The intent when this starting was flatten the curve to not overload the medical system not stop the virus which can't be done.

vCash
    Yep. We're already talking about how we're going to handle it at my hospital for next year.

vCash
    CD said his sources are adamant that the SEC is playing football even if they are the only college conference doing it. But, it looks like B12 and ACC will hold firm and play as well.
    Someone is now changing their tune ... Sankey is quoted as saying if the SEC stands alone it will be unlikely they will play ... it's gonna take at least one other conference
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Someone is now changing their tune ... Sankey is quoted as saying if the SEC stands alone it will be unlikely they will play ... it's gonna take at least one other conference
    Looks like the B12 is pretty solid about playing. I think this boils down to the first few games. If it's just a cluster with half the teams in quarantine then they'll pull the plug.

vCash
    Keep an eye on Nebraska. Hustler fans are not handling this well.