Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Isiaih Mosley ?

vCash

Isiaih Mosley ?

We?ve been told he is pretty much in, but we haven?t seen a commitment or announcement. Is this concerning?

Banned
    vCash
    He must have some good MO State film going from a 3 Star croot to garnering attention from the likes of KS.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    He must have some good MO State film going from a 3 Star croot to garnering attention from the likes of KS.
    he does. And his stats are really good.
    No Signature

vCash
    He is probably the best pure scorer in the portal. He will frustrate you at times because he gets a little Dillon BrooksEsque at times with his shot selection and he is not going to be a defensive stopper. But the good FAR outweighs the bad.

You add him to a starting five of Davis, Jeffries, Akot, and Tolu and you have a team that can score from every direction.

vCash
    I am wondering myself. Recruiting is always such a guessing game. Its hard to know why or what going on behind the scenes or what can make a person decide. I know this, I certainly didn't know what I wanted to do at that age.

Banned
    vCash
    Winning a crootin' battle Agin KS even if immediate and more playing minutes are the reasons would be Morning Maroon Wood.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 05-25-2022 at 01:09 PM.

vCash
    longer it delays the worse it is for us
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    If this guy has offers from Kansas and Texas Tech it sounds like this isn?t promising. I wouldn?t count on him coming to State unless he has some previous ties to Miss State

vCash
    The Crystal ball has him committed to us at 100%. There has also been some articles written saying we are the favorites but I agree, the longer we wait I don't like our chances to get him. We were one of his 1st visits a couple of weeks ago and things have been really quiet since.

To answer your question OLJWales, on film his athleticism won't blow you away but his efficiency and ease of scoring will, but he does tend to hog the ball alot. He just knows how to put the ball in the goal. He averaged 20 ppg 6 rpg and 2.3 apg shooting 50% from the field and 42% from three...... with multiple 30 and 40 plus point games. He's probably the best scorer in the portal.

vCash
    He has taken one visit and that was here. And his name is still in the draft. He doesn't have anymore visits scheduled. He has been getting draft feedback. So pump the brakes on its bad.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    He has taken one visit and that was here. And his name is still in the draft. He doesn't have anymore visits scheduled. He has been getting draft feedback. So pump the brakes on its bad.
    Yep. Some here need to give our new administration a chance before doubting them. We've got a new younger & high energy coach but I also realize we just fired a pretty damned good crooter IMO.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 05-26-2022 at 03:39 PM.

vCash
    Yep. Some here need to give our new administration a chance before doubting them. We've got a new younger & high energy coach but I also realize we just fired a pretty damned good crooter IMO.
    I dont think anyone is doubting the new coach, just asking questions. That's normal to do when you get a totally new staff in place. I for one think he is going to be a great coach, I just worried about him being able to recruit at this level because he hasn't had to do it yet... I said this weeks ago if he is able to land Mosley or a player of that caliber my recruiting questions about him will go away... but it's natural to have a concern about the unknown

People had concerns about the Air Raid working in the SEC... thats proven to be a valid concern and alot of people still don't think it will work
    Last edited by NCMSTFAN; 05-26-2022 at 04:53 PM.

vCash
    Stars mean even less in basketball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Stars mean even less in basketball
    I dont know... its about the same in my opinion. You will always have the 3 star guy to come out of nowhere and be a good NBA player... but it happens in football at about the same rate.. let's be honest, the majority of star NBA and NFL players were 4 and 5 star recruits

Banned
    vCash
    No Mosley IUD's within last 90 minutes sir. All Clear for now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    I dont know... its about the same in my opinion. You will always have the 3 star guy to come out of nowhere and be a good NBA player... but it happens in football at about the same rate.. let's be honest, the majority of star NBA and NFL players were 4 and 5 star recruits
    Actually the average star rating of NFL players is less than 4 star. I listened to an interview with Bo Pelini and he said the average star rating of the Superbowl one year was 2.5 stars out of HS.

He then told the story of sending a coach to look at a five star guy with the plan to offer on that trip. He wanted to review the highlight tapes first. He didn't like the highlights so he looked at his game tapes. By the time the coach got there, Pelini had looked at his film. Because he reviewed all the game tapes he noticed two other guys. He told his coach not to offer the 5 star guy but to look at these other two guys on that team. They ended up offering both the other two guys on that trip and not offering the 5 star. He said after his coach left, within 24 hrs the two guys he had offered got a 4 star ratings.

The five star ended up not being any good and both the other guys had good NFL careers. He said the star system was shit and never paid much attention to it.

Yes, teams that win National championship teams have more 4 & 5 star guys but for every Bama winning a title there is a Texas barely going bowling. Ratings aren't garbage but a coach of significance has to see them first before they get properly rated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    Actually the average star rating of NFL players is less than 4 star. I listened to an interview with Bo Pelini and he said the average star rating of the Superbowl one year was 2.5 stars out of HS.

He then told the story of sending a coach to look at a five star guy with the plan to offer on that trip. He wanted to review the highlight tapes first. He didn't like the highlights so he looked at his game tapes. By the time the coach got there, Pelini had looked at his film. Because he reviewed all the game tapes he noticed two other guys. He told his coach not to offer the 5 star guy but to look at these other two guys on that team. They ended up offering both the other two guys on that trip and not offering the 5 star. He said after his coach left, within 24 hrs the two guys he had offered got a 4 star ratings.

The five star ended up not being any good and both the other guys had good NFL careers. He said the star system was shit and never paid much attention to it.

Yes, teams that win National championship teams have more 4 & 5 star guys but for every Bama winning a title there is a Texas barely going bowling. Ratings aren't garbage but a coach of significance has to see them first before they get properly rated.
    I remember when our Thorpe award winner Johnathan Banks was being considered for the draft ... the team that was going to draft him noticed Darius Slay while studying film and ended up drafting Slay instead... I think Banks was drafted with the next pick by a different team
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post

Buddy stars matter. There?s only 32 5 star players a year, one for every NFL team, so of course there are more 3 and 4 star players in the NFL. If you look at the percentage of 5 stars making it to the NFL vs 3 star the stars are staggering.

vCash
    Saban excels because he is such a good evaluator of top talent that he usually can tell which 5 stars are junk and which are legit. I believe stars matter but you can?t be like an Ole Miss and just offer players because of the number of stars next to their name. It?s important to get legit 5 star talent along with being able to evaluate underachieving 3 and 4 stars. That?s the key to winning national championship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Saban excels because he is such a good evaluator of top talent that he usually can tell which 5 stars are junk and which are legit. I believe stars matter but you can?t be like an Ole Miss and just offer players because of the number of stars next to their name. It?s important to get legit 5 star talent along with being able to evaluate underachieving 3 and 4 stars. That?s the key to winning national championship.
    It’s not just Saban doing all the evaluations, he has so many coaches and personnel working for Bama football. Big time advantage for Bama.