Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gotta be record for Msu

vCash
    Only way we could possibly do that is to go out and recruit players that may not be actively looking to leave where they're at but would come here if we can get them some big NIL monies. Other than that you're right, ain't happening.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Only way we could possibly do that is to go out and recruit players that may not be actively looking to leave where they're at but would come here if we can get them some big NIL monies. Other than that you're right, ain't happening.
    that's what we should do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    that's what we should do.
    We'd rob someone of their von seibert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We'd rob someone of their von seibert
    easy there.

vCash
    It's crazy. And I know I'm in denial, but I still don't think we are that bad. We have some serious hitters 1-7 It's the bullpen.
    You seem to also be in denial that we've left a record number of runners on base this year.

NO CLUTCH HITTING with this lineup.

vCash
    Well we now are on pace to tie the longest losing streak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Well we now are on pace to tie the longest losing streak.
    No worries. Next weekend will be brutal

vCash
    Should have taken the win Friday night with Preston Johnson in relief.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    You seem to also be in denial that we've left a record number of runners on base this year.

when you are homerun or bust, it makes it harder to get those clutch hits. Just not a well constructed team.

vCash
    We need at least 3 elite portal arms. I don't know if that's realisitic.
    We'll be lucky to get 1 top notch guy. But we do need at least 3 arms that contribute.
    It's going to be tough to bring in 5 guys total that are top notch SEC players. We will be lucky to get more than 3
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post

We've been tied or had the lead in the 7th inning in 5 of the last 9 losses. That means we have been able to generate runs most days. Say what you will about timely hitting - but the bullpen has easily cost 10 wins this season if not more.
    Last edited by BrunswickDawg; 05-15-2022 at 05:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    https://www.ncaa.com/stats/baseball/...individual/205

Start at the top and work our way down

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We'll be lucky to get 1 top notch guy. But we do need at least 3 arms that contribute.
    It's going to be tough to bring in 5 guys total that are top notch SEC players. We will be lucky to get more than 3
    People forget that there are other avenues to acquiring talent other than the portal. Those expecting us to go out and get 12 players to go along with Hunter Hines next year are in for a rude awakening. People talk about Nate Lowe and Jack Kruger all the time with the 2016 team. But forget that we added two freshmen- Jake Mangum and Hunter Stovall along with two JUCO pitchers in Ryan Rigby and Blake Smith to also stabilize the team. Konnor Pilkington also came in and took the Sunday spot in the rotation too. Another thing that happened was Hudson, Sexton, and Houston all taking a step forward. We also don't know what the coaching carousel is going to look like. If Ole Miss loses Bianco we better be all over Jacob Gonzalez for example.

I'm definitely expecting us to hit the portal hard this offseason. We've had very good success there- Yeager, Dubrule, Simmons, JP France, and Zach Neff. Jess Davis has been questionably used so I can't call him a bust either.

I think we get some guys back for their junior or senior year like Kellum Clark. We need to figure that out first. I really like Holcombe and Ernie Day from the JUCO ranks. We really need them to be instant impact guys right away. And we need to see what our pitchers like Fristoe, Cade, and Tepper look like this offseason. If they can get their command together we will suddenly have a solid staff. And of course we may find a freshman or two that can come in right away and help.

By hard I mean I could see us getting five guys depending on other factors with the draft.

vCash
    I predict home runs will go way down next year, but our extra base hits will more than double. This whole off season they will focus more on gap hitting and less about raw power.

If 3 of our current arms can develop dramatically (possible) and they can get 2 guys that contribute immediately we should be ok.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    I predict home runs will go way down next year, but our extra base hits will more than double. This whole off season they will focus more on gap hitting and less about raw power.

If 3 of our current arms can develop dramatically (possible) and they can get 2 guys that contribute immediately we should be ok.
    Maybe. Completely depends on the skill sets of the players we bring in.

vCash
    I wish someone that follows baseball recruiting would start a Sticky thread for baseball recruiting so guys like me can keep up
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    It's crazy. And I know I'm in denial, but I still don't think we are that bad. We have some serious hitters 1-7 and Forsythe has been hitting in the 9 hole. We are 4th nationally in defense. It's the bull pen. I know we have had some injuires, but so does every pitching staff. Lemonis and his staff really dropped the ball not adding a couple of arms from the portal. Got content or got too optimistic about some guys making a jump.
    You are dead on, its the bullpen. It feels bad everywhere when we don't play a perfect game but we are solid everywhere else.