Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mizzou game 3: Got to have it edition

vCash

Mizzou game 3: Got to have it edition

Both teams have got to get this win to keep postseason hopes alive. This should be a fun game. Come on dawgs.

vCash
    Wish we would play earlier than these 1400 games on Sunday. Get too busy in the afternoon to just sit down and watch at that time

vCash
    With our record currently at 25-19 (9-11), our chances are looking pretty bleak. The consensus seems to be we need five more SEC wins to secure a regional. Stiff competition awaits after today?s game:

Missouri RPI 48
    Florida RPI 16
    A&M RPI 13
    Tennessee RPI 1

Lose today?s game and it?s completely over. Win and there?s still a chance albeit very slim. Not much chance of winning both the Florida and A&M series. Winning the Florida series and getting one game on the road at A&M is possible but still leaves getting a win against TN. That?s also possible but not very likely. We?re in the territory of not technically eliminated but yet worriedly looking overhead at that guillotine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    With our record currently at 25-19 (9-11), our chances are looking pretty bleak. The consensus seems to be we need five more SEC wins to secure a regional. Stiff competition awaits after today?s game:

Missouri RPI 48
    Florida RPI 16
    A&M RPI 13
    Tennessee RPI 1

Lose today?s game and it?s completely over. Win and there?s still a chance albeit very slim. Not much chance of winning both the Florida and A&M series. Winning the Florida series and getting one game on the road at A&M is possible but still leaves getting a win against TN. That?s also possible but not very likely. We?re in the territory of not technically eliminated but yet worriedly looking overhead at that guillotine.
    So we have 10 games to win 5.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    So we have 10 games to win 5.
    Yep. Nine of the ten games at RPI 16 or above including three against #1 that has four losses in 43 total games.
    Last edited by EdwardDrayton; 05-01-2022 at 12:16 PM.

vCash
    I wouldn't say stiff competition. It's Tennessee then everyone else kind of sucks like us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    I wouldn't say stiff competition. It's Tennessee then everyone else kind of sucks like us
    Oh how I wish I could see what you see.

vCash
    Oh how I wish I could see what you see.
    It's a huge gap this year between Tennessee and then a bunch of mediocre parity in the SEC

vCash
    It's a huge gap this year between Tennessee and then a bunch of mediocre parity in the SEC
    I hope you’re right or your next three weeks is going to be rough.

vCash
    When's first pitch?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    When's first pitch?
    Coverage begins at 2:00 on SECN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    When's first pitch?
    2:00

vCash
    Jess Davis is out of the lineup again. He went 1-3 Friday with a walk and 2 rbis. 0-3 Yesterday. Matt Corder starting in center batting a cool .184. Not sure what the thinking is here. That being said, I hope Corder goes 3-4 with a bomb.

vCash
    Among the whacky, basket case team - These next 3 weeks are going to be dramatic baseball, someone that can get hot and win 6 of 9 games can still change their fate.

MSU 9-11 with Florida, TAM, and Tennessee on paper that's a 12-18 season

Florida 8-13 with MSU, MIZZOU, and SC on paper that's a 13-17 season

SC 9-12 with TAM, UK, and UF on paper that's a 13-17 season

Alabama 9-12 with LSU, Auburn, and Arkansas, you could see anything from 9-21 to 13-17

Ole Miss 7-13 with Mizzou, LSU and TAM, that's anywhere between 11-19 to 14-16

So the SECT is probably a "Super Regional" this year for 2/3 of the participants. Every win, a massive accomplishment

vCash

Missouri RPI 48
    Florida RPI 16
    A&M RPI 13
    Tennessee RPI 1

Florida is definitely a winnable series. Watched them 3-4 times this year and came away wondering how that RPI is so high?

vCash
    I still have my doubts about this team. I was thinking that the Friday game might have been fools gold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfDawg View Post
    Jess Davis is out of the lineup again. He went 1-3 Friday with a walk and 2 rbis. 0-3 Yesterday. Matt Corder starting in center batting a cool .184. Not sure what the thinking is here. That being said, I hope Corder goes 3-4 with a bomb.
    Corder was a good prospect to bring in, he still has a summer and fall to improve.

So far, looks like Tanner Poole 2.0, MSU robbed North Alabama or Memphis of a decent player.

Are McGowan, Bryce Chance, and Revy Higgins so bad, we need a Sub-Mendoza transfer? Woof on recruiting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfDawg View Post
    I wonder how Davis is batting vs LHP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I wonder how Davis is batting vs LHP.
    Mizzou is throwing a righty today

vCash
    That's how you start a big game.