- 3 sacks allowed, 0 interceptions, 4 fumbles/0 lost
    - 637 yards per game, 297 rushing/340 passing

U of M Defense
    - 33.5 PPG
    - 781 passing yards for season/ 390.5 per game
    - 198 rushing for season/ 99 yrds per game
    - 2 sacks for season
    - 1 interception

Looking at this, we have always thought they were a pass heavy team. This doesn't look to be the case. They are pretty balanced by stats. They dont really turn the ball over, yet they don't force turnovers either. The stats show they can score, but they also are pretty dang bad on defense. Like really bad.

They gave up 50 to Arkansas State and 17 to Nicholls State. 299 yards to Nicholls State and 680 yards to Arkansas State (this was NOT an OT game).

They can stretch the field passing. The have one receiver averaging 143ypg. The next closest is 70ypg.

Hopefully Will and Company can get in a groove and score some points. This may very well be one of the worst defenses we play all year besides TN State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    Memphis will be better than NC State or La Tech.
    HA!! This is so wrong its funny... NC State would beat the shit out of Memphis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Defense travels.
    Unless we turn it over a bunch this game shouldn’t be a problem
    But our defense stops the run. It does not stop the pass well. Our DL gets almost zero pass rush.

NC state was a great matchup for us bc they are run first and that feeds into our strength.

Plus it will be their super bowl and we likely will sleep walk. I am much more worried about this game matchup wise than I was NC state.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I agree bc NC state would line up and run all over them.

Unfortunately we can't do that. And our passing game is meh at best.

Memphis will score on us. We will have to score. And that's what worries me. The matchup is bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    The biggest concern I have is that we are an immature team. We are on the road for the first time with a young team. It won’t be a true road game but still. They will be fired up and they have an offense good enough to score on us. Mike Leach has a bad history with these type teams and consistency so I will forever worry about these games we “should” win while he is our coach. It’s going to be the opposite of Mullen with Leach. There is no telling if we are gonna beat Memphis but we may also beat a team or 2 we have no business competing with.
    Ding

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    But our defense stops the run. It does not stop the pass well. Our DL gets almost zero pass rush.

NC state was a great matchup for us bc they are run first and that feeds into our strength.

NCST attempted to pass the ball 51 times vs us last week for 1 TD and 2 picks.

Also, any Sacks/hurries/TFL's from a 3-Down front are a bonus; those are going to come from the LBs.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Ok

vCash
    I aint worried about nothing, WE BACK BABY!!!

Banned
    vCash
    Bullshit.

vCash
    I smell a Tiger amongst the Dawgs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Bullshit.
    Offensively, they are better. And a horrible matchup for us. Football is about matchups, unless one team is just way more talented than the other.

Nc state wants to fight you in a phone booth. We are built to stop that. Memphis not so much. Plus Memphis likes tempo, which we struggle with.

I defended us all last week while people like C34 were saying NC state was 10 points better than us. I don't like the matchup this week though.

Banned
    vCash
    Enforcer? I smell Kitty cat shit

vCash
    Offensively, they are better. And a horrible matchup for us. Football is about matchups, unless one team is just way more talented than the other.

Nc state wants to fight you in a phone booth. We are built to stop that. Memphis not so much. Plus Memphis likes tempo, which we struggle with.

I defended us all last week while people like C34 were saying NC state was 10 points better than us. I don't like the matchup this week though.
    I understand they have some talented skill players but are you not looking at how bad their defense is? They gave up 600 yards passing and 50 points to ark state. Now I'm by no means saying this is a sure win or that we can't screw it up because you can't look past anyone. That being said while the do have a very good offense they can't stop anyone, and while it sounds weird we do run clock when we are on offense which will limit their possessions. Also i have confidence that Arnett will have a solid game plan and have us ready to play. Once again I'm not counting this as a win until we have actually won the game. Just pointing out they have flaws just like we do.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I understand they have some talented skill players but are you not looking at how bad their defense is? They gave up 600 yards passing and 50 points to ark state. Now I'm by no means saying this is a sure win or that we can't screw it up because you can't look past anyone. That being said while the do have a very good offense they can't stop anyone, and while it sounds weird we do run clock when we are on offense which will limit their possessions. Also i have confidence that Arnett will have a solid game plan and have us ready to play. Once again I'm not counting this as a win until we have actually won the game. Just pointing out they have flaws just like we do.
    600 yds passing given up to ark state? Now I'm even more confident.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    600 yds passing given up to ark state? Now I'm even more confident.
    Well 582 actually and 5 tds, using 2 different QBs and 98 yards rushing, and only 2 sacks on 66 pass attempts. Which means nothing when we play them. I'm just pointing out we are a bad matchup for them, just like some think they are a bad matchup for us. You cannot over look anyone on your schedule for sure, just ask florida state.

Banned
    vCash
    Well 582 actually and 5 tds, using 2 different QBs and 98 yards rushing, and only 2 sacks on 66 pass attempts. Which means nothing when we play them. I'm just pointing out we are a bad matchup for them, just like some think they are a bad matchup for us. You cannot over look anyone on your schedule for sure, just ask florida state.
    Yep but we are gonna go off on their secondary and Arnett and his playas gonna keep mempho in check. Not seeing matchup issues here.

vCash
    If we have a lot of trouble scoring on Memphis' defense then I'll get concerned about Will's abilities.

vCash

They may be a bad matchup for us, but we are a far worse matchup for them.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I smell a Tiger amongst the Dawgs.
    I did time at both schools. I live in Memphis & go to Memphis games but still occasionally making it down to Starkville. I?ll root for Memphis but it won?t break my heart either way.

vCash
    I just don't see how they score against our defense. I think we are pretty damn good. We may not score 40+, but I think we score 30+ which should be more than enough.