Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- Everything Went Right Edition

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    That’s just the coach in him. I do it as well.

Don’t take it as much as being negative as always looking for ways to improve.
    This I don't buy. If he was the savant he wants people to believe, he'd be getting paid big money to coach somewhere. He likes to rile people up and is quite good at it. He drives hits and comments. For what he is, he's a master at his craft. And that craft is coming up with ridiculous takes that change to fit a precontrived narrative he and a few others create. From Airbone to The Network to ITS COMING. People love to read his newest outlandish take and hope he's proven wrong so they can call him out.

vCash
    Our special teams are garbage and we committed very untimely penalties last night. We left 9-13 points on the table we should have scored. Defense didn't have a great game either. I'm still looking forward to the "everything went right" game. That'll be fun to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Our special teams are garbage and we committed very untimely penalties last night. We left 9-13 points on the table we should have scored. Defense didn't have a great game either. I'm still looking forward to the "everything went right" game. That'll be fun to watch.
    Exactly.

vCash
    That?s just the coach in him. I do it as well.

Don?t take it as much as being negative as always looking for ways to improve.
    I also don't buy this. I have been in management and leadership for several years. I'm also a parent to multiple boys. There is a difference between constructive criticism and talking up points of improvement and all around negativity. Negativity radiates off him and I personally believe that he enjoys it. Now I'm not saying everyone should be sunshine pumpers, but every program across our sports with multiple teams and coaches he tears down. He is trying to prove his point on why A&M lost the game, not why State won the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    You're oversimplifying it at this point in order to hold on to your narrative. None of these coaches are stupid, you're not seeing things they aren't. If it was as simple as primarily dropping 8 in zone to stall our offense when executing adequately, they'd do it. The fact that A&M didn't last night means it's not, period.
    Actually I’m not. Those coaches aren’t stupid but it doesn’t mean they don’t do dumb things. We all do. Walking their LB’s up like that did nothing to mess with Rogers reads and it hurt the LB’s getting into their zones. The LB’s were not able to play downhill and use their eyes the way they would had they been able to just backpedal 3-4 yards and read.

We saw a perfect example of it early on with Walley making a catch behind the Mike as the Mike was dropping from 1 yard. He had no idea where the WR was because he was looking back at the LOS as he was running backwards
    Last edited by Coach34; 10-03-2021 at 11:57 AM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by STATEBALLIN View Post
    Wrong.

Elko changed it up because Will was shredding the drop 8.
    Simply not true.

Heath’s 22 yard catch on the hitch route was him and CB 1 on 1. Heath broke the tackle and the safety had to come over and make the play. That’s not “Drop 8”

Polk’s first TD was against Man Under/1 High. That’s not “Drop 8”

Both of those occurred in the 1st half.

vCash
    Wouldn’t we run it more if they were 5 yards off?
    We did against LSU

vCash
    Checkout the QB Stats at ESPN. Will Rogers is ranked #3 and Matt Corral is at 35.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...Yards/dir/desc

vCash
    Our offense will get better and better every week as Will continues to develop and we get more and more comfortable throwing the ball downfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Simply not true.

Heath’s 22 yard catch on the hitch route was him and CB 1 on 1. Heath broke the tackle and the safety had to come over and make the play. That’s not “Drop 8”

Of course it wasn't drop 8 on those precise plays. Every time they dropped 8 Will found a hole. We were putting together 12 play drives. Elko was mixing it up to try something that would pressure Will. It didn't work.

Jesus, you just gotta die on that hill don't you?

vCash
    No way Aggies DL are as good or better yet coached as well as Bama. Aggies were confused and lost last night. If we not have had the meltdown when we had a chance to put them away we win easily at the end.

Aggies are way over rated and I'm not taken that as a slap to us. We outplayed and mostly out coached them last night except for special team play.

Banned
    vCash
    Are we capable of a 4yd per carry game this year? I reckon as long as we win the question is moot. Proud as hell right now but my old ass still getting used to this shit.

vCash
    Simply not true.

So 2 plays mean they didnt run drop 8 a good bit? Interesting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beerfarley View Post
    This I don't buy. If he was the savant he wants people to believe, he'd be getting paid big money to coach somewhere. He likes to rile people up and is quite good at it. He drives hits and comments. For what he is, he's a master at his craft. And that craft is coming up with ridiculous takes that change to fit a precontrived narrative he and a few others create. From Airbone to The Network to ITS COMING. People love to read his newest outlandish take and hope he's proven wrong so they can call him out.
    beerfarley has hit the proverbial nail on the head.....if C34 was 'all that', he'd be 'doing' instead of 'spewing'.....he at least gives me something to laugh about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    So 2 plays mean they didnt run drop 8 a good bit? Interesting
    I think its some of you are not understanding the differences in Coverages I guess. Drop 8 refers to a 4 deep Cover 4 zone that keeps 2 Safeties on the hashes. The man underneath/1 high and other coverages out of it hasnt been what has given us trouble.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Are we capable of a 4yd per carry game this year? I reckon as long as we win the question is moot. Proud as hell right now but my old ass still getting used to this shit.
    Lol. I'm with you!
    I finally watched a game and I was yelling "run the damn ball"!!!' I guess I'm outdated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beerfarley View Post
    He is very much like Paul Finebaum. New nickname maybe???

vCash
    I think its some of you are not understanding the differences in Coverages I guess. Drop 8 refers to a 4 deep Cover 4 zone that keeps 2 Safeties on the hashes. The man underneath/1 high and other coverages out of it hasnt been what has given us trouble.
    Ah yes its me not understanding a team switching to man after getting gutted in the drop 8. Silly me. Carry on with your comedy tour.

vCash
    AIRHEAD 34 you are such a dick. I don't think I have ever encountered an individual who is such a pretentious know it all who never admits he is wrong ever. i bet people cringe that know you when they see you coming.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    AIRHEAD 34 you are such a dick. I don't think I have ever encountered an individual who is such a pretentious know it all who never admits he is wrong ever. i bet people cringe that know you when they see you coming.
    A person that can never admit they are wrong is quite the psychological specimen.