Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I get it. We'll see.
    We might end up taking three WR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    We might end up taking three WR.
    I think if we get RJ Sneed to sign then they will shut the WR recruiting down.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 01-14-2022 at 12:55 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Tylan Knight has entered the transfer portal due to lack of playing time. I'm not sure why posters ever disagree with me.
    All hail the greatest ED poster since the dawn of man

How does that disprove anything that I said?

I would love to have him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post

How does that disprove anything that I said?

I would love to have him.
    ED as in erectile dysfunction or Special Ed ?

vCash
    Maybe not the greatest. But definitely Top 5.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Maybe not the greatest. But definitely Top 5.
    You are crazy if you think you are bumping me out of top 5.

vCash
    I'm also a little curious why we haven't even sniffed at a LB - they must really like the younger guys because on tv that looked like an area we could stand to get a bit more athletic than we were last year.

vCash
    New player incoming. Steve Spurrier Jr and Brittany Thackery are both tweeting about it.

vCash
    I saw the eyes and wondered who it might be. I am thinking another 2022 but is it a transfer? HS?

Maybe we will find out today at some point.

vCash
    It's Justin Robinson, a former 4 star WR from Georgia.

https://247sports.com/Player/Justin-Robinson-46058884/

[tweet2]1482405248463474694[/tweet2]

Another WR transfer with upside and potential, but little to no production.

vCash
    [QUOTE=KOdawg1;1403910]It's Justin Robinson, a former 4 star WR from Georgia.

I don’t care bout their production in a pedestrian passing attack, put him in the air raid and he will produce plenty. Same for the kid from northwestern. Four star 6-4 220 with offers from Norte dame, Florida, Georgia and Nebraska.

vCash
    [QUOTE=WhiskeyPirate;1403916]

I don’t care bout their production in a pedestrian passing attack, put him in the air raid and he will produce plenty. Same for the kid from northwestern. Four star 6-4 220 with offers from Norte dame, Florida, Georgia and Nebraska.
    I care about production. It trumps potential any day of the week.

That's not a knock on this kid, because he hasn't had the chance to have production.

But it's worth noting that both WR transfers combine for 3 catches and 25 yards. We're losing a guy who caught 105 for over 1,000 yards.

I would've taken a proven veteran like RJ Sneed and then chosen one out of Mosley or Robinson. But the Spurrier thinks what we have is good enough. So that's good enough for me I guess.

vCash
    [QUOTE=WhiskeyPirate;1403916]

Let people sleep on these guys. State is stacking talent and guys like this are hard to come by. He is big, fast and talented! He redshirted, then was injured, had surgery and is here with 3 more years of eligibility. He could be in the mix as early as this fall.

I never even thought of us needing WR?s but these two definitely are takes and damn proud to get them! There will be 8 guys making plays from the WR Position group and they just got more talented.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    [QUOTE=KOdawg1;1403919]
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post

That's not a knock on this kid, because he hasn't had the chance to have production.

But it's worth noting that both WR transfers combine for 3 catches and 25 yards. We're losing a guy who caught 105 for over 1,000 yards.

I would've taken a proven veteran like RJ Sneed and then chosen one out of Mosley or Robinson. But the Spurrier thinks what we have is good enough. So that's good enough for me I guess.
    I totally get where you're coming from & understand. I'll also say Polk wasn't a proven commodity when he signed either. Spurrier turned him into that type of WR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    I'm also a little curious why we haven't even sniffed at a LB - they must really like the younger guys because on tv that looked like an area we could stand to get a bit more athletic than we were last year.
    John Lewis has to be able to play was surprised he didnt play more in the bowl

vCash
    To me, the one big thing we have always needed at State, and especially in this offense, is a big WR that can just go up and win 1 on 1 balls. This kid seems to have the build, and UGA seems to teach high pointing the catch as well as anybody based on their WR history. So maybe he can be that guy. I know our offense is built on finding the open man in space, but it's nice to have a fall back plan that you can just throw it up to when you see them in single coverage and a blitz is coming. The best teams always have one of those guys. It's why I feel like the Bengals could slip up and make some noise in the playoffs...bc they seem to have started realizing that about Jamar Chase the last few weeks. A lot more back shoulder and just letting him beat his man on a jump ball. Not saying any of our guys are anywhere close to Chase, but hopefully y'all see what I mean.

vCash
    [QUOTE=KOdawg1;1403919]
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post

It's not just about next year. The guys coming in have multiple years left. They also bring upgrades in speed - which as much as our WR Corps has improved it still has been needing speed. Also don't look at this as replacing Polk. These guys are placing Torbor and spots that haven't been producing.

vCash
    Leach and Spurrier know exactly who and what they need at wide receiver. Leach has had big physical receivers in the past that wall off the db Like a power forward and get the fifty fifty balls. Also we need receivers who can block. This guy fits the bill.

A wideout playing in a run first offense as a freshman doesn’t mean jack statistically.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    I agree 100%. We really need outside linebackers

vCash
    John Lewis has to be able to play was surprised he didnt play more in the bowl
    Did he play at all in the bowl game?