Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 2nd scrimmage

vCash
    This season will be interesting on the defensive team rankings now that the weaker east teams have to play a couple more west teams. Maybe not, but it definitely may level the score on those rankings.
    Kentucky , Missouri, SC, TN having to play a couple more West teams if anything will also take its toll on their depth also. Same as we always had to deal with.
    Yes they have Georgia, Florida, but now add more west teams. Wondering if this year the offensive and defensive rankings look different than normal seasons.
    edit: Add Vandy on that side....So a team like TN gets to play Kentucky, Vandy, SC, and Missouri , and until recently Florida was not an efficient offense either.

This year may level all that out at least a little more than normal
    Last edited by Santiago; 09-16-2020 at 02:01 PM.

vCash
    I feel like we have lost some monster defensive talent the last few years. We aren't as big, fast, or physical as we have been on defense. We don't have the depth we are used to seeing. Missed games for COVID is a concern, a 10-game schedule in the toughest conference in America is a concern, and we are adjusting to a new system. I just don't see how we are going to hold folks to 24 points per game. I ain't seeing it. I agree with Coach34.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    What does Joe and Tommy Stevens have to do with this situation and the defense that we're discussing?.
    Because its the same shit- different year. Just like last year when I said Moorhead sucked and we were going to struggle- oh noooooo, JoVester has his QB now was the response. I said we didnt have a chance against Auburn and some of you called me crazy. Then we saw what happened.

We are not going to be very good on D this year. We could get lucky and finish 9th- but we are going to give up over 30 PPG and wont be able to stop an offense with a pulse. We have no pass rush, a bad secondary, and no depth. Plus we are very inexperienced. We are not in the top 110 in college football of returning production. All of those things point to a bad defense. There is no deflection- I've posted all this before. I didnt realize I had to keep posting it over and over.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Because its the same shit- different year. Just like last year when I said Moorhead sucked and we were going to struggle- oh noooooo, JoVester has his QB now was the response. I said we didnt have a chance against Auburn and some of you called me crazy. Then we saw what happened.

We are not going to be very good on D this year. We could get lucky and finish 9th- but we are going to give up over 30 PPG and wont be able to stop an offense with a pulse. We have no pass rush, a bad secondary, and no depth. Plus we are very inexperienced. We are not in the top 110 in college football of returning production. All of those things point to a bad defense. There is no deflection- I've posted all this before. I didnt realize I had to keep posting it over and over.
    So you want a cookie for being right about Joe and Tommy and the Auburn game under a terrible coaching staff? Lol. Give me a break. Like predicting those things automatically makes it more likely that your prediction on this years defense will come true. You’ve already walked it back to “we may get lucky and finish 9th” lol. That’s after you saying there’s no way in hell we finish inside the top 10 but now you’re opening the door juuuuuust in case we do like I’m saying we will. Like I said, never change C34. Very predictable. I’m out on this thread. Peace.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash

34 is the Dan Wolken of MSU sports.

vCash
    I agree. The depth isn't good. We don't have the talent we are used to having. There are no Alcorns or Abilene Christians on the schedule. We don't have the depth for COVID or injuries. We are going to take our lumps on defense this year. I don't see any way around it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I agree. The depth isn't good. We don't have the talent we are used to having. There are no Alcorns or Abilene Christians on the schedule. We don't have the depth for COVID or injuries. We are going to take our lumps on defense this year. I don't see any way around it.
    We are not going to be good, but if you're talking about conference only stats, everybody is in the same boat, so it won't matter for conference rankings, and not everybody in the SEC is a powerhouse. We're going to be bottom third of the conference on defense. I don't think even the most optimistic fan is expecting us to be better than the 9th best defense. But the people acting like we are going to be historically bad are probably overly pessimistic.

We allowed 32 pts per game in conference last year. If you look at the actual game scores from last year and our schedule this year, it's not crazy to think we'll do a little better this year. We're not going to 24 points a game, but we might could get under 30. Just hard to say because there are so many unknowns. Our pts per game stats could improve a lot if our offense is competent and doesn't have a ton of three and outs and just gives our defense some breathers. We could have a couple of key injuries and be really, really bad. But we're probably going to look a lot like we did last year, which was bad but not horrific. Hopefully an adequate strength and conditioning program and accountability will have us look as good as our defense did with all the players available, which if we can do that, will probably result in us having improved SEC only, per game stats year over year, and probably ending up in that 9th or 10th in the SEC rather than the bottom.

vCash
    Man, I cannot believe that UM homer Sallee had something good to say about us.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Moorhead has his QB now!!! We gonna roll!!!!! You'll see Coach!!!
    We aren?t hiring the ****ing pirate at Mississippi State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Mic drop

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Man, I cannot believe that UM homer Sallee had something good to say about us.
    only because it's 2020
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    I didnt think we would attempt that. I wasnt claiming any inside source on Leach. Definite outside the box move by Cohen. We'll see how it works out.

vCash
    I didnt think we would attempt that. I wasnt claiming any inside source on Leach. Definite outside the box move by Cohen. We'll see how it works out.
    Lol can't eat crow, but can't wait to say "told you so."

vCash
    Dude come on now. That prediction about Leach is no different than the one you are making about our defense right now.

Now, I do agree with you that our D won't be very good this year but you are pretty bad about not accepting when you're wrong and you LOVE pointing out when you are correct.. Just admit you were wrong on Leach and move on. No need in trying to defend the reason as to why you were wrong.

vCash
    Maybe word it like that next time instead of being smug and condescending like you think you know more than everybody else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    Dude come on now. That prediction about Leach is no different than the one you are making about our defense right now. .
    Thats crazy. Thinking we wouldnt attempt to hire a 60 plus year old coach coaching on the West coast that is pass happy is very different from discussing X's and O's along with personnel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    Maybe word it like that next time instead of being smug and condescending like you think you know more than everybody else.
    Well, I do know more than most. Thats why I'm usually correct on X's and O's and personnel.

vCash
    Well, I do know more than most. Thats why I'm usually correct on X's and O's and personnel.
    Your arrogance is only surpassed by your humility**** ! You will never make a good coach because your as hardheaded as Moorhead. Knowing x's and 0's doesn't mean a dang. There's a lot of coaches smarter than you looking for a job right now,

vCash
    Literally no one is expecting us to end up in the top half in the sec defensively. Who's your source, the roster? Your insight is impeccable*** Excuse us for looking forward to our football team playing. We also look forward to every football thread being completed by your assessment of our defense. We Know... ITS COMING!!!
    Last edited by SmokeyDawg; 09-19-2020 at 01:01 AM.