Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pine Box Part 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    I didn?t think the Apple guy was interested in sports?
    very interested in the players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    I didn?t think the Apple guy was interested in sports?
    Well Cook was considered one of the top athletic boosters (Auburn) in the country last year, and he spoke to the Auburn football team the day before the Iron Bowl last year, but maybe he isn't. Yellawood is the top Auburn booster. Bobby Lowder used to be. He used to basically own Auburn from what some said.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 11-15-2022 at 12:38 AM.

vCash
    Certain Media heads are saying its a done deal. After the egg bowl though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Certain Media heads are saying its a done deal. After the egg bowl though
    There's some chatter on a couple of AU boards saying the same. They are also saying maybe not until after the Iron Bowl b/c AU doesn't want to take away from Cadillac's big day. But, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it starts leaking out about Weds of next week.

vCash
    It would make sense for Kiffin to go to Auburn just like it made sense for Mullen to go to UF. These coaches want to coach at a school with easier resources than State or Ole Miss to win a National Championship. I think the big issue is the way coaches go about doing it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    There's some chatter on a couple of AU boards saying the same. They are also saying maybe not until after the Iron Bowl b/c AU doesn't want to take away from Cadillac's big day. But, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it starts leaking out about Weds of next week.
    If it happens, he's going to take all the OM talent with him; Judkins for sure. I wonder about Dart since he's already transferred, tho...what does he do?

vCash
    Some Twitter media accounts are saying it's a done deal. Kiffin to Auburn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    Some Twitter media accounts are saying it's a done deal. Kiffin to Auburn.
    I haven't seen anything like that from a remotely reputable media person/outlet. Who/where did you see this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    If it happens, he's going to take all the OM talent with him; Judkins for sure. I wonder about Dart since he's already transferred, tho...what does he do?
    Depends on if Dart wants to sit out a year to play for Kiffin and Auburn. I agree on Judkins. He would go and maybe a few more players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    It would make sense for Kiffin to go to Auburn just like it made sense for Mullen to go to UF. These coaches want to coach at a school with easier resources than State or Ole Miss to win a National Championship. I think the big issue is the way coaches go about doing it.
    He also doesn't like Mississippi's 4 year maximum on contracts or the OM NIL initiative and participation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Depends on if Dart wants to sit out a year to play for Kiffin and Auburn. I agree on Judkins. He would go and maybe a few more players.
    Didn't Auburn pass on Judkins out of high school? That could possibly still have a bad taste. Wouldn't make a lot of sense for him to hold that grudge now that the coaching staff has changed over, but wouldn't be shocked by it.

vCash
    He won't have to sit out a year. Auburn sites have already been posting about the current transfer rules, and feel that if he just turns in the paperwork and reasoning that his coach left in the first year there, that the NCAA will allow it.

vCash
    Ole Miss will have to hire someone like Lebby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Didn't Auburn pass on Judkins out of high school? That could possibly still have a bad taste. Wouldn't make a lot of sense for him to hold that grudge now that the coaching staff has changed over, but wouldn't be shocked by it.
    Judkins will take the pay day at Auburn and follow Kiffin. This is a done deal.

Ole Miss is going to be in ruins when this thing is over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Judkins will take the pay day at Auburn and follow Kiffin. This is a done deal.

Ole Miss is going to be in ruins when this thing is over.
    Can a coach like Lebby keep Dart at Ole Miss? According to Auburn 247 staff writers, Dart will be able to transfer without sitting out. They say the NCAA right now does not want lawsuits.

I wonder if Dante Dowdell will then go to Auburn with Lane instead of Oregon.

vCash
    Another thing, Lane did not meet with recruits last Saturday before the Bama game. The bears have tried to cover it up saying he was just too focused on playing Bama.

vCash
    If Lane does leave with best players, leaving OM in turmoil, we sure better take advantage of it. We did little to build on this type opportunity in years past! Hail State!

vCash
    It's my understanding that Dart can transfer and play immediately without penalty if the HC leaves regardless of whether he follows the coach to the same school

vCash
    Rumor from an Auburn guy at work is that Kiffin is getting somewhere around 10 years and $120 Mil. If that is even remotely true then Ole Miss has no chance to keep him.

The state of Mississippi needs to do something or us and Ole Miss will always be a stepping stone job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    It's my understanding that Dart can transfer and play immediately without penalty if the HC leaves regardless of whether he follows the coach to the same school
    I bet the NFLPA wishes the pro players had the same freedom of movement as the college players. This is a joke. You dang sure aren't going to know the players without the roster year to year using your phone for info !