Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ole Miss Game Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Maybe you're right, but I keep going back to the LSU game. We didn't look like a team with no passing attack talent that day
    Basically that game was variations of 2 plays: 1) checkdown was un/poorly covered, 2) we chucked deep balls and KJ truly has an elite arm for that. So we rolled.

Vs everyone else the zone/poor OL play means we can't go deep, and checkdowns are covered. You have to have an actual understanding of the O and be on the same page as the WRs to find softspots. That's why we suck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Ole Miss has like 2 or 3 4th down conversions thus far in 2 drives
    They're explaining it now. Kiffin plays it that way bc it's smart as hell

vCash
    Why in the hell would Scar throw the ball?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Basically that game was variations of 2 plays: 1) checkdown was un/poorly covered, 2) we chucked deep balls and KJ truly has an elite arm for that. So we rolled.

Vs everyone else the zone/poor OL play means we can't go deep, and checkdowns are covered. You have to have an actual understanding of the O and be on the same page as the WRs to find softspots. That's why we suck
    Yeah, but Leach never figured out Washington's 3-8. Washington on defense is probably the closest team in the pac12 to an sec defense. Wash's DC even said he loved leach bc leach never adjusted, and that made preparing/stopping leach easy. Even the biggest sunshine pumpers here have to admit that's a scary quote. Who the hell says that about anyone?

vCash
    It's shocking how well coached OMs O is vs ours.

We have 1 run blocking scheme and an incredibly simple pass pro scheme, yet the OL blows assignments more than any team I've ever seen and when they do get on their man get beat a ton. OM has a lot more variety yet does everything well mentally and physically.

Our WRs ad QBs do nothing but rep vs man and zone, yet OM's WRs are still better at finding soft spots in zone and have better chemistry.

OM has every play we do plus RPOs, play actions, counters, zone reads, roll outs, fake one play to have a supposed lead blocker slip past their charging safeties... and they do all this vs multiple defensive looks. YET they execute literally every one of these things at a high level and we don't know what to do vs the same look we've seen for over 200 snaps this season.

It's just incredible not only how good their scheme is (there's a tool to counter any D), but how well coached it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    South Carolina can't be doing that garbage. Ole Miss can't stop your run game
    I am not paid the millions but if I was SC I would go for two everytime.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Yeah, but Leach never figured out Washington's 3-8. Washington on defense is probably the closest team in the pac12 to an sec defense. Wash's DC even said he loved leach bc leach never adjusted, and that made preparing/stopping leach easy. Even the biggest sunshine pumpers here have to admit that's a scary quote. Who the hell says that about anyone?
    Washington has a better defense than 75 % of the teams we play and Leach has more access to talent here. Washington was not the only team to run that defense against Leach. It takes a significant talent advantage up front for that to work.

vCash
    If we were our typical ground-n-pound, run it 70% of the time Mississippi State team, I think we'd beat OM. They can't stop air on the ground, and I think our defense would be good enough to create a couple of turnovers or get a few stops vs. their offense. Alas, we are no longer that Mississippi State team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    If we were our typical ground-n-pound, run it 70% of the time Mississippi State team, I think we'd beat OM. They can't stop air on the ground, and I think our defense would be good enough to create a couple of turnovers or get a few stops vs. their offense. Alas, we are no longer that Mississippi State team
    There's a chance we don't have to take that on the chin. I want the season to play out, but I think it's a good chance it doesn't

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Washington has a better defense than 75 % of the teams we play and Leach has more access to talent here. Washington was not the only team to run that defense against Leach. It takes a significant talent advantage up front for that to work.
    The getting stopped by Washington isn't the most concerning part to me. The leach never adjusted is the most concerning

vCash
    There's a chance we don't have to take that on the chin. I want the season to play out, but I think it's a good chance it doesn't
    Yeah, I really don't want to watch that this year

vCash
    The announcers are jerking off to these OM unis but the helmets and jersey are a different shade of blue. I like the helmets, but the jerseys look like UNC knock offs

vCash
    Is Elijah Moore a Junior? Maybe he goes pro after this year

vCash
    We aren?t beating them in Oxford. Only game we might have a chance in is that final Auburn game. Drinkwitz will coach circles around leach, Georgia is more talented and Ole Miss is more skilled offensively and it?s away

vCash
    Oh for sure it's terrifying. Fact is though I don't think the LSU game was evidence we have the "jimmies and joes" to run the O- our guys don't "get it" the same way we will in a year or 2. They may turn into good players once they grasp it or gain experience, but for now they aren't what we need mentally.

As for the system and Washington, yes it's terrifying to have a guy that's proven to not adjust even when he KNOWS it won't work vs that week's opponent. However he faced the 3-8 plenty and still put up great numbers.

The question is this: can a mediocre 3-8 stop a fully equipped Leach O, OR does it have be a really good 3-8? Because if a mediocre 3-8 still shut us down even 2 years from now, then we will be lucky to go 6-6. But if it takes a good 3-8, I could see us hovering between 6-9 wins depending on our D

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    The announcers are jerking off to these OM unis but the helmets and jersey are a different shade of blue. I like the helmets, but the jerseys look like UNC knock offs
    I think the powder blue looks feminine. They need to stick with navy blue - much better looking fb uniform.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    The getting stopped by Washington isn't the most concerning part to me. The leach never adjusted is the most concerning
    He is going to run his system. If the OL does not block it will not work. If they do it will. If he can’t get OL to make it work here he will be fired in 3 years. It is scary but it is that simple.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    We aren?t beating them in Oxford. Only game we might have a chance in is that final Auburn game. Drinkwitz will coach circles around leach, Georgia is more talented and Ole Miss is more skilled offensively and it?s away
    I don't think we have a chance. Based on prior games, about all they have to do is score once and they win. But they'll score a lot more than once.

About the only two teams that look near normal this year are OM and Alabama, and Alabama's defense is lacking. OM never has a good defense.

Corral is the Heisman favorite right now? Isn't that going a little too far?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I don't think we have a chance. Based on prior games, about all they have to do is score once and they win. But they'll score a lot more than once.

About the only two teams that look near normal this year are OM and Alabama, and Alabama's defense is lacking. OM never has a good defense.

Corral is the Heisman favorite right now? Isn't that going a little too far?
    Believe he was talking about Kyle Trask. The camera just happened to be on Corral

vCash
    Dan Mullen would've ran for 500 on this OM defense