Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: OM reaches 100% Vax Rate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Well, one thing that would help is if we got more realistic about who is healthy and stressed that at least as far as COVID is concerned, if you are overweight, you are not healthy. I have seen quite a few stories about people dealing with covid now and they (or their surviving or still healthy family member) say they didn't think they had to worry about it since they were relatively young and healthy, but then you see pictures and they are obviously overweight and most likely obese.

I don't think we've done as good of a job as we should have stressing how dangerous this is to the obese and really pushing exercise and losing weight from the beginning of the pandemic. But what I have been shocked at is that we apparently needed to do a much better job of what is meant by obese. There are a lot of people that are at least on the cusp of obesity if not well past it that apparently think they are healthy and don't need a vaccine. And I am not talking about fitness nuts caught up in the oversimplification of the BMI formula. People that are clearly round with a good bit of excess fat, who also put themselves in the low risk category despite all the headlines about obesity being a pre-existing condition.
    I have noticed the same thing. I know I could loose 10 to 20 lbs and much healthier and I am as old as dirt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Man, we've been telling people to do that for decades to prevent heart disease, diabetes, stroke, kidney disease etc. It wasn't going to change for this
    Well, for many of those decades, we've followed that up by essentially recommending a low fat, high carb diet, so I get some of those people getting discouraged and giving up. That said, it's one thing to say "you could suffer some adverse effects decades down the line" and another to say, "you could be dead within the year". Certainly a lot of people would not have changed habits. But I think if they had been upfront about the data from the get go and told people "this is basically less deadly than the flu if you are young and not overweight and don't have any other conditions", a lot of people would have been motivated by that.

and it also wasn't going to change the course of the pandemic.
    It absolutely could have changed the course of the pandemic if you are talking about deaths. You can do a lot in six months of exercise and proper eating. And presumably if people had exercised more, a good chunk of them would have exercised outdoors and so would have had better levels of vitamin D. Then of course that would have lasting benefits beyond this pandemic.

The thing is, we have a pretty good quick fix for this (to prevent death or severe illness) in the vaccine; and to hear he took his 3 family members to get the vaccine, but he chose not to, is absolutely tragic. RIP.
    And this goes back to my original point. It is hard to convince people to get in shape, and it is apparently hard to convince a lot of young and healthy people to get the vaccine, but it should be a lot easier to educate people on whether they are overweight or not, and that being overweight is a significant comorbidity regardless of how healthy they think they are.

vCash
    That website is a fun read, lol...

Yikes.

vCash
    The LD 50 of Ivermectrin is 2.02 mg/kg. The dose I give my horses would kill anyone weighing less than 250 lbs...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    The LD 50 of Ivermectrin is 2.02 mg/kg. The dose I give my horses would kill anyone weighing less than 250 lbs...
    I do not think it is given to humans as to horses. It has been used to treat humans also, if I correctly understand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    if I correctly understand.
    If you're relying on that site, probably not...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    But he has already been wrong about it. Go take a look at his track record. His theory didn't work.
    So why In The hell should anyone believe fauci. He's be wrong, right, wrong, changed opinions 100 times but this guy who was wrong once is a dunce?? Just asking.

vCash
    RIP to Mr. Abston. Here's the issue though, its extremely rare for a 51 year old man otherwise pretty healthy to just up and pass from a respiratory illness. This is now a fairly common occurrence. That's what should be alarming. 99% survival sounds great, but when you only get to die once, 1 out of 100 is an awful lot for a cold.
    True but those ages died in early Covid too. Lost a good friend of mine Dec.2020 from Covid, he was 51. He did have a major heart issue though.

The death rate is not 1 of 100. It is actually lower in the Delta variant but the news is just getting more amped up.

Same is true for what I posted, the other deaths are just as impactful but no one wants to acknowledge any other deaths but by Covid.

People are obsessed, people are acting out in fear (fear is of the devil by the way), some are just now realizing their own mortality and it scares them to death.

Get the sin/death vaccine - the Jesus vaccine and you don't have to live in fear.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Get the sin/death vaccine - the Jesus vaccine and you don't have to live in fear.
    JFC...

Do you have any idea how crazy you are.jpg

vCash
    I don't think anyone unvaccinated is safe from this variant. I know of two vaccinated people that died and one was in his 30s.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I don't think anyone unvaccinated is safe from this variant. I know of two vaccinated people that died and one was in his 30s.
    The unvaccinated aren?t safe because 2 vaccinated people died? Or are you saying both people that died were unvaccinated?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    The unvaccinated aren?t safe because 2 vaccinated people died? Or are you saying both people that died were unvaccinated?
    Both. Two people were vaccinated and died of delta variant. And many unvaccinated young healthy people are dying with Delta mutation.

vCash
    Both. Two people were vaccinated and died of delta variant. And many unvaccinated young healthy people are dying with Delta mutation.
    Thanks for clarifying. Here in BR about 15 of my relatively young coworkers have had it over the last couple of months and no one has had serious symptoms so far thank goodness. Its been flu-like symptoms for them.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Damn. I hate to hear that.
    Could be any of us. Get the vaccine, wash your hands, socially distance when you are in public, and wear a mask if you go indoors.

For the next two months or so, I wouldn?t go out to eat. If anything limit your public outings where there will be a bunch of people indoors.

vCash
    Are you sure about this? I'm sure it happens, but I can't find anyone giving data on what the actual risk is. And virtually every time I see a story about someone "healthy" struggling with it, it turns out they are pretty overweight.

I know it's not easy to gather data during a pandemic and it won't be great data, but it seems like they could do a better job than they are doing. If you want to convince the young and healthy to get vaccinated, it seems like the first thing you'd do is show them how risky it is to them.

ETA: And they could also do a better job showing how dangerous it is for obese people. They've been pretty vocal about it, but clearly some overweight people have been taking false comfort in the general case fatality rates and then adjusting down based on the fact that they aren't old, but somehow not adjusting it right back up because they are overweight.
    Last edited by Johnson85; 08-17-2021 at 09:17 AM.

vCash
    Are you sure about this? I'm sure it happens, but I can't find anyone giving data on what the actual risk is. And virtually every time I see a story about someone "healthy" struggling with it, it turns out they are pretty overweight.

I know it's not easy to gather data during a pandemic and it won't be great data, but it seems like they could do a better job than they are doing. If you want to convince the young and healthy to get vaccinated, it seems like the first thing you'd do is show them how risky it is to them.

ETA: And they could also do a better job showing how dangerous it is for obese people. They've been pretty vocal about it, but clearly some overweight people have been taking false comfort in the general case fatality rates and then adjusting down based on the fact that they aren't old, but somehow not adjusting it right back up because they are overweight.
    This is anecdotal, but this 8th grader is not overweight. https://www.mississippifreepress.org...s-child-cases/

And we get it, you don't like fat people....

vCash
    This is anecdotal, but this 8th grader is not overweight. https://www.mississippifreepress.org...s-child-cases/
    That is more helpful to the push for vaccinations. They still should collect and push out data too, but if they are going to rely on anecdotes, ones like that one are much more persuasive.

And we get it, you don't like fat people....
    If I didn't like fat people I wouldn't want them to get vaccinated. It has just been mind blowing for me to see friends of friends that have not gotten the vaccine and see news and/or facebook stories about people that did not get the vaccine when they are clearly overweight. I get vaccine hesitancy for people that are young and healthy. I don't think the data will back up their position, but I really don't know the data for the young and healthy, and I at least get why they think the unknowns associated with the vaccine might warrant them waiting. It seems much less reasonable for people that are overweight to not get the vaccine and that seems like a much easier hill to climb as far as pushing public policy.

vCash
    That is more helpful to the push for vaccinations. They still should collect and push out data too, but if they are going to rely on anecdotes, ones like that one are much more persuasive.

If I didn't like fat people I wouldn't want them to get vaccinated. It has just been mind blowing for me to see friends of friends that have not gotten the vaccine and see news and/or facebook stories about people that did not get the vaccine when they are clearly overweight. I get vaccine hesitancy for people that are young and healthy. I don't think the data will back up their position, but I really don't know the data for the young and healthy, and I at least get why they think the unknowns associated with the vaccine might warrant them waiting. It seems much less reasonable for people that are overweight to not get the vaccine and that seems like a much easier hill to climb as far as pushing public policy.
    I should have put sarasterisks on the fat people part of the post, sorry.

I don't know if the 8th grader is typical or not, but it is not just overweight people suffering from Delta. The children's hospital ICU in Houston is full (the world's largest children's hospital) and sending kids to other cities and school starts next week.

And I agree it's sad, and unfathomable to me on the vaccine hesitancy. We have vaccinated 180 million americans, and 4.7 billion worldwide. That's very large test. The vaccine is the best, safest way to combat covid.

Mississippi vaccinates EVERYONE for MMR, chickenpox, and Hepatitis (all of which are less lethal than COVID, and the vaccine has similar effectiveness). ( I mean everyone, it takes a note from Dr Byers to not get a vaccine)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    I do not think it is given to humans as to horses. It has been used to treat humans also, if I correctly understand.
    You are assuming that the people buying it at the Co-op and at tractor supply are smart enough to do that. But it's not getting sold out due to the number of people with new Covid livestock.

Yes, Ivermectin is/can be used in Humans. It's a pill and a good de-wormer. It's the same drug given to livestock, but livestock take a much higher dose.