Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    As starters? Is Grayson McCall one of them? I'd definitely take him as a transfer, but he would have a whole lot of options.
    Cam Rising, Jayden Daniels, Caleb Williams were the 3 I was thinking off of the top of my head I'm sure there are more. My point was it does not take 2 years for a transfer QB to come in and be an impact guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Cam Rising, Jayden Daniels, Caleb Williams were the 3 I was thinking off of the top of my head I'm sure there are more. My point was it does not take 2 years for a transfer QB to come in and be an impact guy.
    Ah, I thought you meant that 3 players playing next week will enter the transfer portal after this season, so I figured it would have to be G5 guys who wanted to play on a bigger stage before trying for the NFL.

vCash
    I think I saw a stat at the beginning of the year that said 48% of starting QBs were transfers.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Michael Pennix Jr.

He should probably get a Heisman invite. He went off this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Ah, I thought you meant that 3 players playing next week will enter the transfer portal after this season, so I figured it would have to be G5 guys who wanted to play on a bigger stage before trying for the NFL.
    There are G5 and FCS options that would be as good if not better options next year than Will. Just a few names to check out.

1. Hank Bachmeier - Boise, former 4 star recruit. Injured some.
    2. Brett Gabbert - Miami (OH) - Blaine’s brother
    3. Michael Hiers - Samford
    4. Parker McKinney - Eastern Kentucky
    5. Nolan Henderson - Delaware

There are others. Hudson Card will probably be the top QB in the portal. I’d strike out there then move on.

vCash
    We are not spending our NIL money on a transfer QB. It just isn't happening.

I know Will had a rough egg bowl, but the defense got the job done and we won. Leach is not going to replace him, he runs the offense that Leach wants.

At the end of the day, if you can give Will a little help on the OL, and one more impact WR, we will be fine offensively.

Also, it helps when we decide to commit to the run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    We are not spending our NIL money on a transfer QB. It just isn't happening.

I know Will had a rough egg bowl, but the defense got the job done and we won. Leach is not going to replace him, he runs the offense that Leach wants.

At the end of the day, if you can give Will a little help on the OL, and one more impact WR, we will be fine offensively.

Also, it helps when we decide to commit to the run.
    Why does everyone else have to be perfect for Will to be adequate enough to do his job? That’s completely unreasonable to ask.

6 games this year Will has been really bad doing his job. 6! That’s half the schedule. And if wasn’t for the defensive effort we would have lost all 6. Instead we won 2.

Will didn’t have just a rough egg bowl. Any team that was rated 72 or higher defensively (outside of TAMU) Will was bad. That isn’t sustainable. He is who who he is at this point and if we don’t at least try to bring someone in to compete with him, that’s a massive indictment on this staff.

Will we bring one in? Chances aren’t likely. But at least try and I will see you see the problem and are willing to fix it. If we sit back and act like Will is the answer then it’s heads in the sands world in the football office.

Every team on our schedule was beatable this year. Every team. Georgia almost lost multiple times. Bama was beat twice and average teams almost beat them. LSU isn’t some juggernaut in year 1 of the Kelly era ( I can guarantee you this will be the worst team he has there though). Kentucky is just plain bad. Everyone of those teams have either losses or had teams nearly beat them. Want to know who didn’t? Us. Why? Our offense is uncompetitive against any team with a pulse. Why? Our QB. Will is a great person and a great ambassador for our university. He’s just not a good QB and he is hamstringing this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    Why does everyone else have to be perfect for Will to be adequate enough to do his job? That’s completely unreasonable to ask.

6 games this year Will has been really bad doing his job. 6! That’s half the schedule. And if wasn’t for the defensive effort we would have lost all 6. Instead we won 2.

Will didn’t have just a rough egg bowl. Any team that was rated 72 or higher defensively (outside of TAMU) Will was bad. That isn’t sustainable. He is who who he is at this point and if we don’t at least try to bring someone in to compete with him, that’s a massive indictment on this staff.

Will we bring one in? Chances aren’t likely. But at least try and I will see you see the problem and are willing to fix it. If we sit back and act like Will is the answer then it’s heads in the sands world in the football office.

Every team on our schedule was beatable this year. Every team. Georgia almost lost multiple times. Bama was beat twice and average teams almost beat them. LSU isn’t some juggernaut in year 1 of the Kelly era ( I can guarantee you this will be the worst team he has there though). Kentucky is just plain bad. Everyone of those teams have either losses or had teams nearly beat them. Want to know who didn’t? Us. Why? Our offense is uncompetitive against any team with a pulse. Why? Our QB. Will is a great person and a great ambassador for our university. He’s just not a good QB and he is hamstringing this team.
    You are probably right, but i'm just happy we beat their ass, I don't care that Arnett and the defense did most of the heavy lifting.

The defense won the egg in 2013, but I still give Dak the credit, same way Will gets the credit here.

vCash
    You are probably right, but i'm just happy we beat their ass, I don't care that Arnett and the defense did most of the heavy lifting.

The defense won the egg in 2013, but I still give Dak the credit, same way Will gets the credit here.
    Except Dak played 1/8 of the game.

vCash

Trust me I’m more than happy we won. Yes, we still have the bowl game. But I’m on to next year at this point.

vCash

Not sure we have a 12-0 roster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Not sure we have a 12-0 roster
    We don’t. Doesn’t mean we can’t compete better than losing by double digit scores.

vCash
    We don’t. Doesn’t mean we can’t compete better than losing by double digit scores.
    I don’t think Georgia, Alabama, LSU are legit beefs. Agree we can do better behind center.

vCash
    LSU lost 3 games this year. Alabama lost 2. Missouri almost beat UGA. This year is one of the few years where all those teams are beatable compared to others. And we couldn’t muster more than 1 offensive TD against UK, Bama, and UGA. They all got scored on with more than 1 TD in multiple games.

It’s not even the offense itself. It’s because our current QB is sub par. Next year we lose a good bit of this current team. We need someone that gives a chance to win some games we aren’t supposed to.

vCash
    You guys can forget bringing in a QB for more than depth. It ain't happening.

vCash
    LSU lost 3 games this year. Alabama lost 2. Missouri almost beat UGA. This year is one of the few years where all those teams are beatable compared to others. And we couldn’t muster more than 1 offensive TD against UK, Bama, and UGA. They all got scored on with more than 1 TD in multiple games.

It’s not even the offense itself. It’s because our current QB is sub par. Next year we lose a good bit of this current team. We need someone that gives a chance to win some games we aren’t supposed to.
    Who do we lose on offense besides sharp ? The o line should be better,
    Pretty much the whole o returns and most of the defense.

It will be nice when Sawyer/Locke/parson run this offense with that kid from Katy tx at running back

vCash
    Will is holding this offense/this team back. Here?s to hoping we can find a D1/SEC caliber QB by spring. It can be done. Will seems to be a great kid and that?ll help him succeed in like. I want to win the SEC championship in the meantime.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tough Dawg View Post
    Will is holding this offense/this team back. Here?s to hoping we can find a D1/SEC caliber QB by spring. It can be done. Will seems to be a great kid and that?ll help him succeed in like. I want to win the SEC championship in the meantime.
    Agree

Thing is, for this offense, an athletic playmaker from a smaller school who has played four years in a air raid type offense would be a big upgrade. They are out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    Altmyer wants to come to state. Will be interesting to see if we take him. I'm sure think we will
    Really? What's his reasoning?

vCash
    Never mind, I see where altmyer is likely to enter the portal December fifth. I’m sure he will contact leach and see what his options are.

I haven’t watched him much, but based on his pedigree he sure looks like a big upgrade over Will.
    Last edited by WhiskeyPirate; 11-27-2022 at 06:34 PM.