Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Word on the AUFamily board is that Freeze is out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    If Franklin is leaving Penn State, Stanford would be a much more logical destination than Auburn, I think.
    I have a hard time seeing auburn pulling that off. I can't squint enough to see Stanford compete with penn st and auburn over a football coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I have a hard time seeing auburn pulling that off. I can't squint enough to see Stanford compete with penn st and auburn over a football coach
    I would say that Stanford theoretically has more money than either of those, but I highly doubt the people who have the money care enough about football to make it happen.

vCash
    If Franklin is leaving Penn State, Stanford would be a much more logical destination than Auburn, I think.
    I don't know how serious either party would be, but Franklin's name has been mentioned as a possible candidate. I would think Auburn would be very serious if Franklin did show any interest. Like 7 said that would be a strong hire.

vCash
    I would say that Stanford theoretically has more money than either of those, but I highly doubt the people who have the money care enough about football to make it happen.
    Pretty sure vandy has more endowment than penn st, and Franklin left for penn st.

vCash
    Pretty sure vandy has more endowment than penn st, and Franklin left for penn st.
    Well we know Vanderbilt doesn't care about being good at football. Stanford kinda, a little bit, does. (But probably not enough to pry Penn State's coach away.)

vCash
    He also had played football at PSU. So that one may be a 0% possibility. His name just came up after the Kiffin and Freeze debacle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I mean it's ultimately up to the school who they hire. Both sides will go through him to set things up, schools to gauge who may be interested and coaches to get him to help them. No different than athletes at the same position with the same agent looking at the same team. Although Sexton nearly has a monopoly with coaches.
    Yea but he has a fiduciary duty owed to the client. To promote one client over another is a breach of that. Also, assuming he is an attorney, the Rules of Conduct prevent him from taking a position adverse to one of his clients

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Yea but he has a fiduciary duty owed to the client. To promote one client over another is a breach of that. Also, assuming he is an attorney, the Rules of Conduct prevent him from taking a position adverse to one of his clients
    Why are you assuming he does though? Or enough that it has caused suites and loss of clients? He's strong because he doesn't push one over another.

vCash
    I still don't understand why most these coaches need an agent. Seems like once you're established, you basically know what you need in the contract and a normal lawyer could draw it up

vCash
    I still don't understand why most these coaches need an agent. Seems like once you're established, you basically know what you need in the contract and a normal lawyer could draw it up
    Man I totally agree!!!

vCash
    Same with pro football players. A good lawyer should suffice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    He never went to law school.

vCash
    Maybe they just want for somebody, who has more expertise, to do the negotiating and dealing for them on a proposed contract to get the best deal. Sexton is not an attorney though.

vCash
    I'm seeing some are saying Cohen spoke with Sonny Dykes after their game and he was interested 🤷*♂️

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's a Cohen search. It's always a circus.
    Glad he's their problem now. Can't wait til he announces his newest "offensive savant" hire he made out of left field to prove he's the smartest AD in college athletics.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Is part of the reason why Auburn hasn't announced because they may be bowl-bound after all, or is that completely unrelated?

vCash
    Is part of the reason why Auburn hasn't announced because they may be bowl-bound after all, or is that completely unrelated?
    They're still choosing between freeze and Kiffin. Still working.

vCash
    They trying to talk Lanning into leaving Oregon now
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I think Kiffin thought he had Auburn over a barrel but losing the Egg and looking like a douche may have cost him. Word is Sonny Dykes has entered the Auburn chat.

vCash
    A friend of mine worked for Jimmy Sexton for a number of years. His job was to market the client (let's say a Dallas NFL player for example) to local business. So, he would call a Dallas area car dealership and try and work out a deal for a vehicle for the client and in return the player would make three in person showings during the year for the dealer. Again, that's an example. But he worked on deals like that all year for all their clients. So it's not just negotiating a contract and they are done, it's ongoing.

He traveled A TON to try and work on deals and keep clients happy. It was pretty much non stop.