Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ole Miss fans

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    I see him as a decent coach, nothing special. I'm damn sure not terrified of him being in Oxford. He "almost" won all the games he was supposed to on his schedule this year. Almost.
    Even after this loss, he's 23-12 (.658) and 14-10 in sec (.583). That's really damn good for them now a days and it would be great for us also

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    There it is. The kiss of death for Kiffin. He's the next Jimbo now.
    Lol. I'm just messing with you!!
    I certainly don't think Kiffin is great though.
    He's consistent in telling us how much better OM is at life than we are. Death, taxes, 7 loving something in Oxford.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    I will never respect any school that hires freeze...he should be in prison for god's sake. he was 17ing hookers probably some underage and bringing them to his players. liberal 17ers can spin this any way they want he was a pimp at the least and if he was engaged in sexual acts with minors, we all know what that is. he is a creep and a self righteous piece of shit.
    Got that right. All while peddling his Christian faith. I am a Christian i believe God can change anyone but that man was/still is lost if he thinks what he was doing was ok.

vCash
    No where did I say either of them sucked, although you'd think Lane is the next Bear Bryant according to some on here. But to be scared of them? I can't stop laughing. Lane is more likely to be the next Jimbo Fisher lite than the next savior of a college football program.
    Lane Kiffin appears to be the next Lane Kiffin. Or really he's just the same.

They'll go through this again next year unless he pisses off too many people and they just fire him.

vCash
    Lane will go 6-6 or at best 7-5 next year. what'll they think of him then?

vCash
    I was worried about Kiffin to Auburn and Rhule to Ole Miss. That would have sucked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandownbytheriver View Post
    He's consistent in telling us how much better OM is at life than we are. Death, taxes, 7 loving something in Oxford.
    Ok, so the beginning of the week, lane leaving was the greatest thing ever here, and now it's ok he's staying bc he isn't that good. What changed? I still want him gone bc he's good. One loss doesn't change that... I'm not a prisoner of the moment like you guys. He's still 2-1 vs us, and the difference in the game Thursday was a failed 2-pt conversion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Lane Kiffin appears to be the next Lane Kiffin. Or really he's just the same.

They'll go through this again next year unless he pisses off too many people and they just fire him.
    He's going to be their Dan Mullen every year until he eventually leaves. I know his daughter is in Oxford with him and enrolled at Ole Miss, so maybe family will play some part. Knox seems to really like Oxford as well. If Knox ends up in Oxford with him full time I'll believe he's there for awhile.

Edited to add: daughter is at OHS and enrolled at Ole Miss after she graduates.
    Last edited by Vandownbytheriver; 11-26-2022 at 01:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Even after this loss, he's 23-12 (.658) and 14-10 in sec (.583). That's really damn good for them now a days and it would be great for us also
    Even greater for us would be to have Vandy on the yearly schedule.

vCash
    Ok, so the beginning of the week, lane leaving was the greatest thing ever here, and now it's ok he's staying bc he isn't that good. What changed? I still want him gone bc he's good. One loss doesn't change that... I'm not a prisoner of the moment like you guys. He's still 2-1 vs us, and the difference in the game Thursday was a failed 2-pt conversion
    Either way this ends the same for Ole Miss and Kiffin. It's just a matter of now or next year and it's looking more like next year.

vCash
    He's going to be their Dan Mullen every year until he eventually leaves. I know his daughter is in Oxford with him and enrolled at Ole Miss, so maybe family will play some part. Knox seems to really like Oxford as well. If Knox ends up in Oxford with him full time I'll believe he's there for awhile.
    He is their Dan Mullen. I'm not sure that Kiffin will have a choice if he continues his antics.

The difference is MSU is patient and willing to put up with more. Ole Miss isn't- which is obvious now.

vCash
    He's a good coach, not great. And his attitude and narcissistic behavior will hold him back. He will be like Dan and have that one good season where they surprise people, but he won't win 10 games a year or compete for titles. My point was you tend to over estimate what they do in Oxford a lot. Last week they were an offensive juggernaut and talent wise light years ahead of us. That simply was not true. I've said it all
    Year long. They were a product of a very weak early schedule and Dart isn't to the point where he can take over a game throwing the ball just yet. It's possible for both teams to just be okay, but when they beat Vandy or A&M they were some sort of juggernaut. They are us with a different scheme. If it's clicking they are good. If not, it's Arkansas and the Egg Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Either way this ends the same for Ole Miss and Kiffin. It's just a matter of now or next year and it's looking more like next year.
    I agree with that. I just think it's ridiculous to celebrate him leaving 2 days ago, and now celebrating him staying

vCash
    Nm

vCash
    It wasn't one loss, it was four losses out of the last five once his schedule involved teams with a pulse.

vCash
    I agree with that. I just think it's ridiculous to celebrate him leaving 2 days ago, and now celebrating him staying
    I thought this was about laughing at Ole Miss fans who were bashing him yesterday acting like they are so happy now?

At any rate I do think that him leaving now would cause more turmoil for Ole Miss. At the same time bridges have been burned and him coming back while it isn't "the best" thing for us it doesn't mean it's bad either.

vCash

vCash
    And the difference in 2020 was a true freshman team and our now captain Austin Williams fumbling it on the one yard line going in that was a scoop and score.

Last year the difference was a overthrown ball to either Polk or Heath and then three consecutive drop passes by Marks (2) and Tulu that would?ve resulted in the lead before halftime and probably decided the game.

But go on and tell us all how great Jimbo and Kiffin are.

vCash
    Imagine being terrified of Lane Kiffin who's best win is against Kentucky at home & lost 4 of his last 5 games including 3 in a row & Hugh Freeze who just lost to UConn & a terrible Virginia Tech team in back to back weeks bahaha

You guys kill me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Man, these powder blue tears taste pretty good.

The Lane group fellatio needs to stop though.

Weird question...but how does the daughter not live with mom?? Is she that bad of a mother?? Having spent a VERY brief time as a family lawyer, the mom has to have some major issues not to get the kids.

vCash
    If our QB plays a C game instead of an F game we blow them out. We'll beat them next year and he'll be 2-2 against his rival on top of a 6-6 or 7-5 season. Then what?