Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
What a dumpy old stadium for a "Baseball School". It's built right up against a "dumpy old football stadium". Many years ago like early 70's I went up there to watch kick Vandy's butt in the Sec Championship game. The field was the parking lot for football, imagine that? A few wooden bleachers and maybe 150 fans. The late great Phil Still, best third baseman in Msu history hit a bomb that bounced off the "dumpy old basketball Coliseum , ball was estimated to be about 450 feet, that was with wood bats in the day. I've said it a few times but Paul Gregory's teams in early 70's were as good as any in our history! Btw in the very early 70's was the best starting 3 or 4 starting pitchers ever at Msu imo!
Talk about celebrating in Nashville or I should say partying in Nashville was one of those "making memories". Fun city.
For how recognized they are nationally and how many big alumni they have it is quite shocking how big of a dump their stadium is. For starters, you can foul one off the football stadium if you get enough air under one down left field. Then there's the fact that if you sit in the outfield you have to go into Memorial Gym to use the bathroom and the A/C wasn't on when we played there for the Super.

I'm a little shocked Corbin hasn't pushed for a new stadium, or at least significant upgrades to that crackerbox.