Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
All this is true. BUT, I put both losses this squarely on pitching DECISIONS!! Stayed with the lefthander way, way, way too long Friday night, and stayed with Siary way, way too long today. Their lineup had already seen him for corn's sake; time for a change in the 9th inning. And in any event, he should have been yanked when he hit the first batter. Just insane pitching decisions both Friday and today. If it's Lemonhead, then once again he's showing he's dumber than dirt. If it's the new pitching coach, then he ain't very smart either.

I'm venting somewhat here, but damn, this was a disappointing weekend for two out of three nights!!
People were literally complaining about losing for the exact opposite reason Friday night. People complained the Shulk was dealing and taking him out cost us the game. Today Siary was dealing (did he hit a batter to start the 9th? yes, but had been solid otherwise) and you're complaining because we didn't pull him? Can't have it both ways. Don't forget we also had a chance to blow the doors open with bases loaded and instead flew out to end the inning (credit to the Florida player made a heck of diving playing)

Did pitching let us down in both games to get walked off in the 9th? Yes. But as far as pitching decisions go I don't have a problem with the moves we made and overall we pitched really well outside of the 8th inning on Friday that let Florida back in and gave them all the momentum. Too easy in hindsight to say what we should've done.