Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congrats to the Atlanta Braves

vCash

Congrats to the Atlanta Braves

Wrapped up the East tonite. Great job by Snik dealing with all the injuries to the starting rotation, losing Albies and Acuna for most of the season. He should get Manager of the year.

vCash
    Never seen a starting rotation go through what ours has this year. Luckily our offense has scored the most runs in all of baseball.

Fried and Anderson have done amazingly well. Wright looks to be coming on and Wilson got a very solid start tonight. Maybe some hope that they can do well in the playoffs.

vCash
    The Braves May have the best coaching staff top to bottom in all of baseball. At times I think snit needs to tighten the screws a little but in the end he really does get so much out of his guys and the never quit. They’ve been the best late inning offense ever since snit took over. And that says a whole lot about him as a managar.

I’d love to say this team should/could make a run at the World Series but with the starting rotation issues I could see them goin down in either of the first two rounds. Gonna be a ton of pressure on fried.

vCash
    If the marlins and/or giants make playoffs, I think kapler or mattingly should manager of year depending on which one makes it/finishes higher. Neither team was expected to do anything.

Snit did a great job though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    The Braves May have the best coaching staff top to bottom in all of baseball. At times I think snit needs to tighten the screws a little but in the end he really does get so much out of his guys and the never quit. They’ve been the best late inning offense ever since snit took over. And that says a whole lot about him as a managar.

I’d love to say this team should/could make a run at the World Series but with the starting rotation issues I could see them goin down in either of the first two rounds. Gonna be a ton of pressure on fried.
    If the braves are gonna make it to WS, Acuna, FF, and ozuna are gonna have to be red hot, and the bullpen will continue to have to be lights out.

vCash
    Will the situation with the starters eventually do them in? After Fried...there is not much to work with. Who in that bullpen could start? Tomlin shit the bed the few times they tried him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Will the situation with the starters eventually do them in? After Fried...there is not much to work with. Who in that bullpen could start? Tomlin shit the bed the few times they tried him.
    Anderson has been good. Wright has been good lately. Gotta go with this 1st round...

Fried
    Anderson
    Wright (very short leash)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Anderson has been good. Wright has been good lately. Gotta go with this 1st round...

Fried
    Anderson
    Wright (very short leash)
    Wish we could get a refund on Cole Hamels. What a waste of money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Wish we could get a refund on Cole Hamels. What a waste of money.
    Just a killer. Add soroka and hamels, and the braves are right there with dodgers

Banned
    vCash
    Ozuna and Freddie have to stay hot or it will be an early exit again.

Id love to see this lineup carry over to next year. Obviously Ozunas future depends on the DH decision. We can cut bait on Flowers, Markakis, Camargo, and Inciarte.

I was happy to see that Duvall turned in a nice year after his horrible start in ATL. He can take over the Markakis role of the last several years and is added power. Still not sure what happens with Riley. Dont think Id revisit any of that Bryant talk from the offseason but maybe they could still swing a deal for Arenado.

AA has got to swing some deals for pitching. Legit pitching. NO MORE one year deal rejuvenation projects.

vCash
    Does it seem like they want to give up on Austin Riley? So many mlb media articles about "what will the Braves do about their 3rd base problem".

And then they went and got Sandoval, after not going for any decent starting pitcher. Left me scratching my head. I thought GM Anthopoulos was supposed to be a genius according to some people.

vCash
    This might be the year we Finally get out of the first round of the playoffs, but I doubt it.

How fitting would it be if we made the WS with this pitching staff 😂

vCash
    Also Freddie deserves NL MVP. I think Chipper tweeted out that all the guys getting the push for NL MVP, Freddie has them beat in almost every offensive category.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AmiteDog View Post
    Ozuna and Freddie have to stay hot or it will be an early exit again.

Id love to see this lineup carry over to next year. Obviously Ozunas future depends on the DH decision. We can cut bait on Flowers, Markakis, Camargo, and Inciarte.

I was happy to see that Duvall turned in a nice year after his horrible start in ATL. He can take over the Markakis role of the last several years and is added power. Still not sure what happens with Riley. Dont think Id revisit any of that Bryant talk from the offseason but maybe they could still swing a deal for Arenado.

AA has got to swing some deals for pitching. Legit pitching. NO MORE one year deal rejuvenation projects.
    Bryant and arenado are pipe dreams. This season has been a financial disaster for the braves... really doubt they spend much of anything this offseason, unfortunately.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Bryant and arenado are pipe dreams. This season has been a financial disaster for the braves... really doubt they spend much of anything this offseason, unfortunately.
    Thats true unfortunately. I was just saying if it were a possibility. I was intrigued by the Bryant talk in the off-season but I wouldnt do the deal regardless now.

Flounder: they signed Sandoval to a minor league contract after he was released by the Giants. No trade, and he wont cost them much. AA loves to take flyers on waived name guys. He flubbed the Milone deal and didnt pursue any other pitching and then Fried go hurt right after the deadline. We will see what happens this off-season. Its safe to say that many Braves fans dont have much faith. I figure he gives the young guys yet another chance and possibly signs a bottom of the rotation guy for minimal dollars.

vCash
    1st playoff series win since 2002. Great job

vCash
    Awesome job, great pitching and figuring out a way to win! Fried and Anderson are studs, and Kyle Wright starting to figure it out out too! Can't say enough about the bullpen!

vCash
    One of, if the best bullpens in the majors. Hats off to Snit, hopefully we can get the bats back going.

vCash
    Cincinnati has a good pitching staff. Hopefully the bats can get going vs. the Marlins (hoping they beat the Cubs)

vCash
    Party at the big chicken?