Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
I'm assuming Chauvin is guilty. He had a trial and the jurors spoke. So be it.

My point is that it is Keenum's responsibility to run Mississippi State University. Keenum doesn't live in Minnesota, he doesn't run the police force in Minnesota, he wasn't on the jury in Minnesota. So he really doesn't have a dog in the hunt. But in the time he dealt with the press release, he could have instead answered several emails I sent him directly concerning something about Mississippi State University.

If a Boeing 747 crashes, I would assume Boeing would issue a statement, and I assume the airline would issue a statement, and I assume the National Transportation and Safety Board would issue as statement. But I don't know why the local Co-Op in Waynesboro, Mississippi would issue a statement about a Boeing 747 crashing.
He is speaking to the student body more than anyone. A student body that made it pretty clear this was an issue that was important to them. It was a responsible "we listen to our students concerns" moment and releasing a statement is the right thing to do. Us agreeing or disagreeing with it is immaterial.