Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
Look I have a ton of issues with BLM and I'm by no means a leftist. This comment has nothing to do with whether BLM activism is good or bad, it has to do with the logic you're using:

Yes, people booed the BLM stuff. Unpopularity of an issue doesn't mean it's wrong- most football fans in the 60s would have booed MLK, does that make his movement wrong?

And further, is BLM really "dividing the nation", or was the divide always there you just didn't have it shoved in your face? Again to go back to the late 50s and early 60's social justice movements, you could argue that MLK and other black leaders were "dividing the country" by making whites face what was happening. But I think most of us can agree the horrible racism and injustice black people were facing existed long before it was brought to the forefront and America had to deal with it.

Is racism among police a big issue? Is policing in general a big issue? Do black people still face injustices? I don't claim to know. All I'm saying is that movements for progress are often "booed" and disliked by many.

Whether BLM is good or bad isn't my point: My point is that that you can't judge a movements' merits by popular opinion
So you are on the fence about a group supporting Marxism?

Interesting......