Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grad transfers Anastasia Hayes and Raven Farley have arrived (Women's Basketball)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindog View Post
    I don?t disagree those will be the main and most consistent offensive players. The issue is that all three operate best from the free throw line and closer. Some of the other players are going to have to be able to score from the perimeter. Otherwise the lane is going to be very crowded.
    I'm not sure about our perimeter shooting yet either but Caterion Thompson is back, I don't know how much more she plays this year but she was a 45% three point shooter. Ashley Jones and Jerkaila Jordan are good shooters also. Other than them, there is an unknown about the rest of the new girls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    What would the board consider a success this year? Sweet 16 or bust?
    For me personally I want to see a disciplined tough nosed team like we had in the past. I've taken up for Nikki and said numerous times that she deserved at least one more year with her recruits.... well she has that now and to her credit, she went out and got alot of talent to included top 60 players and a few former McDonald's All Americans so she has no excuses next year.

A successful year in my eyes is probably tournament bid and at minimum 2 wins in the tournament (hopefully more). It won't be easy though because the SEC has gotten alot better. Kentucky, Ole Miss, Alabama, Tennesse, LSU (Just hired legendary Kim Mulkey) and of course South Carolina will all be really good teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Throw Jerkaila Jordan in there as a scoring option too. She was an ESPN top 60 out of high school and scored alot as a true Freshman last year
    Can?t forget Myah back for her like...5th year...she?ll be that veteran we need

Trimmed the fat, got some damn good players...we will be fine

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sonof34 View Post
    Can?t forget Myah back for her like...5th year...she?ll be that veteran we need

Trimmed the fat, got some damn good players...we will be fine
    I agree, Taylor will be the veteran leader at PG but she has never really been a big scorer. She will play defense and make the smart plays though.

vCash
    Does Coach McCray Penson and her staff know about this Louisiana kid? Her name...Zaila Avanti-Garde. She's a standout/an outstanding basketball player, including Guiness Book Of World Records dribbler (multiple basketballs). Living down in Kim Mulkey territory. She's also the new 2021 Scripps National Spelling Bee Champion.
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1413356998620377088
    Last edited by jdelta02; 07-09-2021 at 11:57 AM.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    A team with a pulse that looks like they give a shit.

vCash
    Yeah, asshole it's got absolutely nothing to do with her being an absolute shitty coach who sits on her ass during the game. Yeah, it's got shit to do with the fact that her players are lazy and routinely get beat in transition because of lack of effort. Yeah, it's got nothing to do with the fact that she has ruined a top 5 program in one year. That isn't "spin" as you say, it's the truth. You, on the other hand, resort to race, wokeism and other bullshit. That's what weak people do when they don't have anything or anyone else to blame their problems on.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    I hope they do well but I won?t be wasting money or time on women?s basketball this year. This was a really bad hire (reminiscent of Moorhead). I hope I?m wrong but it feels exactly the same.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    I'm not sure about our perimeter shooting yet either but Caterion Thompson is back, I don't know how much more she plays this year but she was a 45% three point shooter. Ashley Jones and Jerkaila Jordan are good shooters also. Other than them, there is an unknown about the rest of the new girls.
    Also, don't forget about freshman Jasmine Shavers, a really good perimeter shooter on the high school level.

Saltydog.....best to at least do research, gather the actual facts before you speak...would find that 99jc and others were like this (check the older posts on this board from last spring, summer, and before the season started as a whole) and worst towards Coach McCray Penson and her players....WELL BEFORE The 2020-21 SEASON EVEN STARTED. You'll also find posts where 99jc and others admitted themselves that it was a lot about this other non-basketball stuff with them. Also, posters were posting negatively towards Andra Espinoza-Hunter's taking a stance on social media, protesting, ect...before the start of the season, before she opted out. Indicated..she just rubs them the wrong way, glad she was leaving/gone. Same type stuff with Sidney Cooks, other players as well. Same with Coach McCray Penson (were mad about her social media, state flag stance and activism, activism, ect). Though, her staff was fairly quiet. A good bit of this and more stuff was way before she supposedly ruined your basketball program (as you indicated).
    Last edited by jdelta02; 07-09-2021 at 05:00 PM.

vCash
    Pretty much. If we play hard all year and get a 5 or 6 seed and lose a tough Round of 32 game on the road, fine, but just making the tournament as a bubble team is not good enough with this level of talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Yeah, asshole it's got absolutely nothing to do with her being an absolute shitty coach who sits on her ass during the game. Yeah, it's got shit to do with the fact that her players are lazy and routinely get beat in transition because of lack of effort. Yeah, it's got nothing to do with the fact that she has ruined a top 5 program in one year. That isn't "spin" as you say, it's the truth. You, on the other hand, resort to race, wokeism and other bullshit. That's what weak people do when they don't have anything or anyone else to blame their problems on.
    In all fairness, she got ODU back to winning. Her last year at ODU her record was 24-6, the year following with alot of the same scorers ODU was 13-11 with her gone. So aside from all the politcs, race and other things, Its fair to give a true fair shot and not one year saying she ruined the program. Moorhead was a first time Head Coach, Nikki is not. Let's not act like she just started doing this. Alot of fans may be surprised at what you see this coming year with that team, I personally think we will be damn good, she comes from under Pat Summitt and was an Assistant under Dawn Staley for National Championships so again, lets give her a fair shake and not accuse her of ruining the program after one year. If I'm wrong i will come on here and admit it with no problem.

vCash
    Mississippi State WBK (@HailStateWBK) Tweeted:
    Getting better every day.

#HailState https://t.co/gz5AJ7MBHq https://twitter.com/HailStateWBK/sta...124341248?s=20

Well regardless of how you feel, how can you not get hyped about this?... they have been working hard all summer, the whole team is on campus now, let's pull for all of our programs and leave personal issues out

vCash
    Bravo, slap that bitch (99jc) like she deserves it!

Since this is a basketball thread, the team is loaded. Despite all the closet-racist naysayers.

Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyDawg13 View Post
    Bravo, slap that bitch (99jc) like she deserves it!

Since this is a basketball thread, the team is loaded. Despite all the closet-racist naysayers.

Hail State!
    Please don't make this about race. Lord help us.

vCash
    let's keep it on the topic of the team.. the coach and what we want this year guys..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Pretty much. If we play hard all year and get a 5 or 6 seed and lose a tough Round of 32 game on the road, fine, but just making the tournament as a bubble team is not good enough with this level of talent.
    Our talent and an average coach should make sweet 16. We are expecting the same of Howland this year and Howland took over a dumpster fire. She took over a NC level program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Our talent and an average coach should make sweet 16. We are expecting the same of Howland this year and Howland took over a dumpster fire. She took over a NC level program.
    She took over a NC program, yes I will agree with that, but I wouldn't call that a NC level team she inherited last year. I've said it before that Rickea, Carter and Matharu were the only players I feel had that type of NC talent. Madison Hayes was on her way too.. but I wasn't highly impressed with any of the other girls play. I like this years talent better

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdelta02 View Post
    Also, don't forget about freshman Jasmine Shavers, a really good perimeter shooter on the high school level.

Saltydog.....best to at least do research, gather the actual facts before you speak...would find that 99jc and others were like this (check the older posts on this board from last spring, summer, and before the season started as a whole) and worst towards Coach McCray Penson and her players....WELL BEFORE The 2020-21 SEASON EVEN STARTED. You'll also find posts where 99jc and others admitted themselves that it was a lot about this other non-basketball stuff with them. Also, posters were posting negatively towards Andra Espinoza-Hunter's taking a stance on social media, protesting, ect...before the start of the season, before she opted out. Indicated..she just rubs them the wrong way, glad she was leaving/gone. Same type stuff with Sidney Cooks, other players as well. Same with Coach McCray Penson (were mad about her social media, state flag stance and activism, activism, ect). Though, her staff was fairly quiet. A good bit of this and more stuff was way before she supposedly ruined your basketball program (as you indicated).
    Gather the facts on this; she?s a shitty coach. How many examples you want me to provide, Slick?
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Gather the facts on this; she?s a shitty coach. How many examples you want me to provide, Slick?
    Please provide the examples, I'm curious to see what you will provide. Hell Saban was bad at Bama initially... No I'm not comparing them to each other but its pretty hard to say that after one season in an unknown place and environment with limitations. With last year's Covid situation and a new team to learn through zoom, it's hard to call a new coach shitty. Is she Vic? Probably not, but she won at ODU as the HC, has the pedigree as a player and Coach and just possibly recruited the best class we have ever had in Women's basketball on paper.... so, I'm curious to see your examples...keep it respectful without the name calling and immaturity

I hope to get an intelligent response instead of "She is a shitty coach"... please provide some context.... I doubt you will provide a logical response.
    Last edited by NCMSTFAN; 07-09-2021 at 11:21 PM.

vCash
    Let's face it, Penson came in and pulled a JoMo, but worse. She had Championship level talent and completely blew it. And what made it worse was they acted like they didn't care and showed poor effort...which is a direct reflection of coaching, and nothing like what we had grown to love about Vic's teams. On top of all of that, the baseball team just won a Natty, football is king and we should be a little better this year, and men's hoops has us wooly....so you could say the timing of the Nikki tank job couldn't have been worse. Now she's made her job WAY more difficult, and will unfortunately have to turn it around with less support than she had a year ago. And that's her fault. Doesn't mean it can't be done though. MSU fans have shown they'll support women's hoops, but MSU fans never support a program that doesn't show 100% effort. It's what we're about, and we've tolerated a lot of losing in our history, but what we've never tolerated was poor effort. She can start by getting her team to play hard every minute, and that will probably lead to more wins too. Do that, and maybe the crowds will increase and she can build it back up. But no doubt she made her job 10 times harder by coming in and being a players coach like JoMo. I personally think she won't be able to flip the script, but I hope she does. I want all MSU sports to succeed.