Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jack Walker to the portal

vCash

Jack Walker to the portal

Meche also gone as well.

Maybe someone knows more than I do but Walker leaving was unexpected to me. Doesn't make a lot of sense honestly

vCash
    Walker leaving is a statement on Foxhall- This was a big recruit. Louisiana Player of the Year

vCash
    Another guy that learned how to not throw strikes here.
    Foxhall will be gone after next season if pitching doesn't improve significantly.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 06-01-2022 at 03:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Another guy that learned how to not throw strikes here.
    Foxhall will be gone after next season if pitching doesn't improve significantly.
    Walker averaged 1 walk per game in High School. At MSU he averaged 1 walk per inning. How do you get that bad that quick?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Walker averaged 1 walk per game in High School. At MSU he averaged 1 walk per inning. How do you get that bad that quick?
    Got Foxhalled

vCash
    complete re-tooling guys. several of us stated this was going to happen.

vCash
    Am I thinking of the correct player, but wasn’t the scouting report on Walker was that he wasn’t a high velocity pitcher but had serious movement on his pitches?

If so, could it be possible he was dominant in high school due to facing inferior talent and once he got to college he was facing skilled hitters?

If I’m wrong about that player I apologize, I was just wondering if this could be the reason?

vCash
    5 or 6 FR out the door. That's poor evals and coaching. That class is pretty much a miss minus a couple guys now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Yep needed to be done.

vCash
    Does foxhall get it fixed this year? Hopefully this year was embarrassing to Lemon and it gets a fire lit under his butt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Sure we expected it. But it's not like Walker didn't come to us with talent. He was one of the more decorated high school pitchers we've brought in over the last decade. And we gave him opportunities to compete.

I don't get us wanting him to go or him wanting to leave after one year.

vCash
    Plenty of room to improve but Walker did nothing to impress in his time at State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Sure we expected it. But it's not like Walker didn't come to us with talent. He was one of the more decorated high school pitchers we've brought in over the last decade. And we gave him opportunities to compete.

I don't get us wanting him to go or him wanting to leave after one year.
    He was a decorated high school pitcher. He wasn't an elite recruit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    5 or 6 FR out the door. That's poor evals and coaching. That class is pretty much a miss minus a couple guys now.
    Yeah but who is that actually on? Who actually started recruiting last year's class? That class started getting recruited in the eighth grade. I think you gotta share the blame across the last couple of coaching staffs.

The other thing that we need to think about is this is the changing of the guard in terms of how you play ball. With the portal, you can no longer develop players - you don't have time to at a program like ours. So many of these kids when they were being recruited, we had no idea of the portal and the impact it would make. We are essentially changing how we play the game and I'm glad that we are. Every scholarship we use has to be on a guy that can likely start. Otherwise it's most likely a waste.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    He was a decorated high school pitcher. He wasn't an elite recruit.
    He was national HS pitcher of the year and an All American. Had multiple P5 and SEC offers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Yeah but who is that actually on? Who actually started recruiting last year's class? That class started getting recruited in the eighth grade. I think you gotta share the blame across the last couple of coaching staffs.

The other thing that we need to think about is this is the changing of the guard in terms of how you play ball. With the portal, you can no longer develop players - you don't have time to at a program like ours. So many of these kids when they were being recruited, we had no idea of the portal and the impact it would make. We are essentially changing how we play the game and I'm glad that we are. Every scholarship we use has to be on a guy that can likely start. Otherwise it's most likely a waste.
    Our coaches were in no way obligated to sign any kid the other staff offered. Also, they all didn't commit to a previous staff. Walker committed to us late. This idea that all recruiting in a class is over 4 prior to them graduating is silly talk. Offers aren't binding. We aren't having trouble dropping recruits this year. And anyone that believes you don't still have to develop talent is a fool too.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 06-01-2022 at 05:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Walker leaving is a statement on Foxhall- This was a big recruit. Louisiana Player of the Year
    Kale Breaux 2.0 unh

vCash
    I am just not seeing anyway Lemonis gets this all put back together by next season. And I know we had injuries but we just have WAY too many pitchers not developing as they should under Foxhall.

vCash
    Baseball starting to look like Calipari?s one and done formula. Except in opposite.

They are going to have to fix both the NIL and the Transfer Portal and sooner rather than later.

Some of if not most of the guys leaving were part of the problem this year, not the solution. They weren?t good enough to beat out what we had ahead of them. There are Star freshmen performing at a high level all over the country. We had 1, ONE, UNO!

We will be a fire drill for the next few years using 1 and 2 year players to replace the mistakes.

vCash
    What pitcher has Fox brought in that has impressed? Is Pico the only one? Did Pico commit to Fox or a previous coach?

I can coach Sims, Bednar, and the top talent guys. Lots of people can. Coaching is judged on the moderately talented guys and their performance. Right now our staff is failing on that. Hopefully they can portal some already developed talent
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is