Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mullen Hot Seat

vCash

Mullen Hot Seat

And so, it begins.......

"After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Isn't the Florida administration Scott Stricklin? Stricklin has been down this road many times with Mullen and knew Mullen flirts with any job opportunity out there from past experience. If that was going to be a problem then he made the wrong hire. Of course, I don't know how much influence Foley or others still have behind the scenes.

vCash
    I think he gets an NFL gig this year

vCash
    Lol well at least he's consistent. I for one actually thought he'd be satisfied in Fla with his "dream" job but I guess not.

vCash
    I'm thinking this meltdown by the Gators team and DM has hurt his chances in the NFL. But regardless he want need a stimulus check.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I agree. I think it's the Jets that make the most sense. Give Darnold one year with Dan and see what he can do. Move back in the draft and get some guys around him (Perfect chance to get a Kyle Pitts) and maybe grab another OL. Draft Trask in the second round as your backup plan.

Jets might really be able to acquire draft capital moving back. There are a ton of NFL WRs available in the 1st round to get between picks 8 and 20. Smith, Waddle, Pitts, Chase, Toney, Bateman. They need at least one of those and I bet they can convince Washington, Atlanta, or someone else to move up to get Fields and give up a crap ton to do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Isn't the Florida administration Scott Stricklin? Stricklin has been down this road many times with Mullen and knew Mullen flirts with any job opportunity out there from past experience. If that was going to be a problem then he made the wrong hire. Of course, I don't know how much influence Foley or others still have behind the scenes.
    Foley has all the influence. Strick is there for the day to day minutia that Foley doesn't want to deal with. Keep in mind, Mullen was the back up plan and not one of Foley's preferred candidates. Foley had already dealt with Mullen and they had supposedly butted heads. I wouldn't be surprised if Foley has put Mullen on notice already - or else this story doesn't get out there.

vCash
    I read that as Mullen is working his ass off to get a NFL job right now. I bet he lands one too.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    And so, it begins.......

Mullen to Jacksonville!!
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Mullen to Jacksonville!!
    Kiffin to Florida!!*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Mullen to Jacksonville!!
    If given the opportunity to, he gone. Get Lawrence, and he'd get to stay in state of Florida

vCash
    Would Lawrence or Fields fit Mullen’s system better?

Absolutely Lawrence is the better QB I’m not saying that at all.

vCash
    I know I'm not alone, but I stated from day one that he would last 3-4 years max at Florida. It was an easy prediction. Fired, retired, new gig,..... doesn't matter. He just wasn't going to stay there long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Strick is just a puppet concerning the FL football program. Just as was said earlier. Foley still calls the shots, and the old ball coach (Spurrier) has more influence, concerning their football program, than Strick does.

vCash
    Who on his coaching staff would you like back at State?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If Saban couldn't compete in the NFL what on earth makes Mullen think he could do it
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Brian Johnson, maybe Greg Knox.

David Turner if Phelps decides to leave or anything

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    If Saban couldn't compete in the NFL what on earth makes Mullen think he could do it
    Saban wins by accumulating more talent than his competitors. If you let saban have 3 top 10 picks every year, he'd do fine

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I would take Grantham back in a heartbeat if Arnett leaves but no way would I pressure Arnett to move along - he's a new favorite of mine and a fine DC, maybe even a cut above Grantham
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    I don't think there's any chance Mullen gets an NFL job.