Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
Here's the problem w the thought of a mobile qb that keeps being floated around- nobody disagrees that a more mobile qb would help, but there's this huge assumption you can find one that's mobile, has as good of accuracy as WIll and has equal decision making. Basically that's the perfect guy. I get it. Odds of find that guy just aren't good. Sawyer, more mobile- great, what do you give up??? The most important part of THIS offense is accuracy. I've stated it more than once, Will wasn't good. But sawyer isn't going to be our qb anytime soon. Matter of fact, barring injury, I don't him to ever be, I figure he'll leave.
I agree, with this offense you never want a run first guy and players that have the accuracy but can run like a RB are extremely rare.....you really just want an accurate q b who is also athletic enough to buy time, run for an occasional first down and avoid a sack. Robertson and Locke are both guys that can do that.

I don’t agree Sawyer won’t be the starter here. Locke may be the best of them all.