Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Will has got to go. It?s that simple .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    Saban was where we are and lost games due to the lack of speed at LB (see Ohio State game). We are at that point. In fact, did you watch Charlton trying to catch Daniels?
    Charlton is more of a DE, but our D, especially LB's are very slow by SEC standards. Safety play is again very bad in pass D. DE's were hyped pre-season and unless it is the scheme our pass rush/sacks are almost non-existent. We don't have an Edge player that can cause havoc like LSU. O is soft and 10 vs 11. ST horrible. Not a coach, but 50 plus year season ticket holder. Have seen plenty of them at State and this is a bad team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Charlton is more of a DE, but our D, especially LB's are very slow by SEC standards. Safety play is again very bad in pass D. DE's were hyped pre-season and unless it is the scheme our pass rush/sacks are almost non-existent. We don't have an Edge player that can cause havoc like LSU. O is soft and 10 vs 11. ST horrible. Not a coach, but 50 plus year season ticket holder. Have seen plenty of them at State and this is a bad team.
    Agree with all that, but I don’t think this is a bad team. It is potentially a good team albeit 7-5/8-4 with the #2 SOS in the country and questions on the O line. We all knew that before the season began but got a lil giddy with all the “10-2 or it’s a failure” talk.

This is where the coaches earn their money. There will have to be some changes made at reciever, maybe right tackle and some defensive adjustments. More Banks instead of Duncan in passing situations for one. Just too soft overall, especially at receiver.

Against running q bs I wouldn’t mind seeing substitution for Jett in obvious passing situations/3rd down. Walley should be playing over Harvey. I thought Duck looked soft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    The reason Parson is even coming here is due to Mike Leach! A revolving door of new staffs has always been, with a near perfect record, a program killer
    Amen Brother, Amen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Agree with all that, but I don’t think this is a bad team. It is potentially a good team albeit 7-5/8-4 with the #2 SOS in the country and questions on the O line. We all knew that before the season began but got a lil giddy with all the “10-2 or it’s a failure” talk.

This is where the coaches earn their money. There will have to be some changes made at reciever, maybe right tackle and some defensive adjustments. More Banks instead of Duncan in passing situations for one. Just too soft overall, especially at receiver.

Against running q bs I wouldn’t mind seeing substitution for Jett in obvious passing situations/3rd down. Walley should be playing over Harvey. I thought Duck looked soft.
    Jaden Walley has to be the most dissapointing player since Dan Mullen left. At the end of 2020 I thought he was going to eventually be an all sec guy. He played so good those last 4 games of the 2020 season. \

I guess him having a child ruined his future football career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    We will not beat Auburn. Finley and Ashford are run threats. And we are incapable of scoring enough to win it.
    We will beat Auburn , aTm, and we will beat Kentucky.... Arkansas will be a toss up like LSU ... if we quit taking unnecessary chances(coaching decisions) and eliminate turn overs we will beat them also .... 1st big game jitters got to players and coaches .... the wins I just mentioned will be a result of the mistakes made against LSU .... and once again y'all will have confidence in Rogers .... whether folks will admit it or not they had a suspicion the LSU game could go this way
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    It amazes me how we can send the house and not get home. It’s what happened on the fourth down play to Nabors
    Last edited by Bdawg; 09-18-2022 at 05:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    We will beat Auburn , aTm, and we will beat Kentucky.... Arkansas will be a toss up like LSU ... if we quit taking unnecessary chances(coaching decisions) and eliminate turn overs we will beat them also .... 1st big game jitters got to players and coaches .... the wins I just mentioned will be a result of the mistakes made against LSU .... and once again y'all will have confidence in Rogers .... whether folks will admit it or not they had a suspicion the LSU game could go this way
    We went down there and did the things that we couldn?t do(drops balls, bad OL play, and turnovers). Gets you beat on the road almost every time.

And we did a bad job containing Daniels when we knew we couldn?t let him run.

vCash
    That may be true and jitters may have been part of it. With senior team that shouldn't happen. The bigger issue isn't that. It is once again the lack of adjustment by coaching to counter what LSU did to flip the game. We did nothing. Would be like losing a game of chess in one move. LSU made one move and won the game. We did nothing.

My doubt is not about style (even though I don't like it and think not best) and it ain't players even though some disappointment in areas there too. It is actual coaching in game and a gameplan to win exploiting another teams weakness and leveraging our strength. It ain't happening and hasn't since Mullen was here.

vCash
    There's a reason Will was a low 3 star whose other offers were Washington State, Tulane, and Troy.

He's limited. Is he the best we have right now? Probably. But for our sake, we need to hope Sawyer beats him out next year. Will has a ceiling and its not that high.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    There's a reason Will was a low 3 star whose other offers were Washington State, Tulane, and Troy.

He's limited. Is he the best we have right now? Probably. But for our sake, we need to hope Sawyer beats him out next year. Will has a ceiling and its not that high.
    Agree 100% and I think it’s becoming clear to more and more people.

A guy who can take off and run for 40 yards would be a great luxury but......just having a good athlete that can pick up seven yards running when everyone is covered or can roll out, elude defenders and throw on the run would make a mediocre offensive line a pretty good offensive line. With the athletes on the D line in the SEC you have to nearly have an NFL pocket to allow Will to effective game in and game out......given his physical limitations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    MSU will never be more than a 6-6 team with Rogers at QB.
    Well, we went 7-5 last year and could have easily won 9 with competent special teams, so you're objectively wrong and very likely a complete idiot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    Well, we went 7-5 last year and could have easily won 9 with competent special teams, so you're objectively wrong and very likely a complete idiot.
    LOL, now that's funny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post

I'm going out on a limb and predict Leach will roll with Sawyer next year. I think Sawyer passes will in spring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I'm going out on a limb and predict Leach will roll with Sawyer next year. I think Sawyer passes will in spring.
    I kind of doubt that. But we'll see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Given past history at Texas Tech, I think there will be an open competition for the job. What it depends on is if Robertson or even Locke are completely competent and up to speed with the offense and reads. Sawyer should be there next year. It sucks Parson is still in HS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Will made some really boneheaded reads last night. A guy that could get us a quick first down with his legs would have changed the game tremendously.

vCash
    Good God man, get some help. LSU is terrible and we couldn't do anything against them, (their EOY record will bear out how bad they are). Arizona is one of the worst P5 teams in the country and we couldn't put them away. We'll be damn lucky to win two conference games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Good God man, get some help. LSU is terrible and we couldn't do anything against them, (their EOY record will bear out how bad they are). Arizona is one of the worst P5 teams in the country and we couldn't put them away. We'll be damn lucky to win two conference games.
    LSU at home is not “terrible” by any stretch of the imagination. Next you will tell me they don’t have any talent on defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    I'm old enough to remember people saying this sort of thing after we lost to Memphis last year, but we went on to win 4 and finished the year with 3 wins over top 25 teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    I'm old enough to remember people saying this sort of thing after we lost to Memphis last year, but we went on to win 4 and finished the year with 3 wins over top 25 teams.
    Last year wasn?t the year for us. We get one 9-3 win season possibility every 4-6 years where stuff lines up with a veteran QB and a solid defense. 2014 was one, 2018 again (Moorhead blew it), 2022 is one and we blew it last night.

Also we lost to Ole Miss last year, I?d gladly trade any of those top 25 for an egg bowl W