Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The More Physical Team Won Tonight.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash

The More Physical Team Won Tonight.

And the team with the best player.

vCash
    If we hit that pass that Polk was wide open in the first quarter, Ole Miss folds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    If we hit that pass that Polk was wide open in the first quarter, Ole Miss folds.
    We didn't, and we lost by 10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    ole miss wouldn't fold they have a good coach, we folded tonight because they have what we are missing in far too many areas.

vCash
    I agree the momentum was sucked out of stadium. 4 drives in Redzone with 6 points. 1st and goal from 5 and get no points. That was the game. But the sharks were more physical. That?s a premium in the cold and wet

vCash
    You could argue that they had the 2 best players if you add how well Sam Williams played tonight.

We couldn?t stop their run game the second half but let?s be honest, when corral didn?t have an ankle the size of a watermelon, nobody else could stop their run game either.

I thought we played a good game minus they key td misses and they played a really good game.

I?m annoyed we lost but I?ve been worried about the matchup for weeks because when heathy they seem to be a top 10 offense in the nation. It was gonna take 30 point to win and we couldn?t produce it.

vCash
    They were better than us at most positions. They were also better coached. In game 12, we couldn't even get everyone on the same play call. It was a cluster 17 tonight.

vCash
    I agree. I hope Lane bolts! Lol!

vCash
    The more talented team won.

vCash
    I think they are more talented overall as well and we still should have been up 10 at half.

Then the 3rd quarter we for some reason regressed to looking like we did weeks 1-2 which was really disappointing given how well we had been playing the past month snd them even most of the first half in this game.

I have no idea why we were so out of sorts on the 3Q

vCash
    In our 4 Top 25 wins, we were the more physical team in each game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    And the team with the best player.
    I guess I'm glad he tuned his game around and wasn't the punk ass who almost got killed 2 years ago. he's talented
    Will's best days are ahead of him. He is the first true fr to start under leachs system and this was the first full year as starter. next year, Leach will have best signing class of his career on campus ... and Let's roll..

I'll feel better about our chances if Lane AND Corral are gone. though Kiffin can likely find a grad transfer to say hey look what i did with matt this year.. and then let the "process happen" with the network...
    So.. yea. Lane needs to go...

vCash
    Yes. I was wrong about Corral. I never thought he would mature enough to be a winner. He did.

vCash
    I'm going to be that guy and disagree. I thought we were very physical, especially on offense.
    There was a lot of schematic stuff that was never adjusted. No running the ball during the rain. No RB staying to help Lashley, prevent D even though Corall ran it every other time for a first down, it looked like Rogers and the WRs were not on the same page.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    I guess I'm glad he tuned his game around and wasn't the punk ass who almost got killed 2 years ago. he's talented
    Will's best days are ahead of him. He is the first true fr to start under leachs system and this was the first full year as starter. next year, Leach will have best signing class of his career on campus ... and Let's roll..

I'll feel better about our chances if Lane AND Corral are gone. though Kiffin can likely find a grad transfer to say hey look what i did with matt this year.. and then let the "process happen" with the network...
    So.. yea. Lane needs to go...
    Good post, but I think you have to consider Matt Corrall is not replaceable in the portal. Any q b Kiffin gets will not be the dual threat Corrall is, they only come along every few years. He is a rare talent.

A pure passer we can defend much easier. A runner who is a decent passer we can defend.

Corrall is someone nobody can match up,with right now. That?s why he?s the #1 draft pick in the nfl and you aren?t going to replace him with the transfer portal.

vCash
    I'm not going to disagree with either of OP's points, yet we were a wide open touchdown pass overthrown (that Will hits in his sleep 4/5 times) and dropped touchdown passes on three consecutive plays away from winning. If ever the excuse that "it just wasn't our night" was valid, it was last night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Good post, but I think you have to consider Matt Corrall is not replaceable in the portal. Any q b Kiffin gets will not be the dual threat Corrall is, they only come along every few years. He is a rare talent.

A pure passer we can defend much easier. A runner who is a decent passer we can defend.

Corrall is someone nobody can match up,with right now. That?s why he?s the #1 draft pick in the nfl and you aren?t going to replace him with the transfer portal.
    Well he will probably be the first qb taken off the board but not the number 1 pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    I'm not going to disagree with either of OP's points, yet we were a wide open touchdown pass overthrown (that Will hits in his sleep 4/5 times) and dropped touchdown passes on three consecutive plays away from winning. If ever the excuse that "it just wasn't our night" was valid, it was last night.
    Yep 4 trips in the red zone in first half and 6 points when it easily could've been 28 or 21 and the fact om did nothing to stop us, we stopped ourselves, makes it suck even more.

vCash
    Mock drafts have him #2 overall. He’s a special player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Mock drafts have him #2 overall. He’s a special player.
    Might need to plan a sex scandal against kiffin if he doesnt leave