Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick Thoughts On What is Going on With Our Football Program

vCash

Quick Thoughts On What is Going on With Our Football Program

Norman Dale has come to town. Give it time...

What made Mullen's program special was culture. To win big, we've got to reset that.

I realize it feels like a toe nail is currently being extracted from your body, but to build the program & team we want, it's necessary. This is a way way bigger deal than our scheme.

Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 10-28-2020 at 12:07 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Normal Dale won the State championship in year one and also let his best player back on the team after quitting. He also started him game one with no punishment. Incredibly dumb analogy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YazooDawg23 View Post
    Normal Dale won the State championship in year one and also let his best player back on the team after quitting. He also started him game one with no punishment. Incredibly dumb analogy.
    Good points. LOL

The good news is that we're a mild COVID breakout away from being able to cancel the season

vCash
    oh well, maybe Mississippi State will be interesting again by 2023

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YazooDawg23 View Post
    Actually he didn't start Buddy Game 1. Common misconception that was taken care of in the deleted scenes. But I think the analogy is dead on. You go with the guys that want to be there and you stand up and fight for them. I think once we're rid of the malcontent you're going to see a different Leach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Actually he didn't start Buddy Game 1. Common misconception that was taken care of in the deleted scenes. But I think the analogy is dead on. You go with the guys that want to be there and you stand up and fight for them. I think once we're rid of the malcontent you're going to see a different Leach.
    You have to set the culture immediately and then go from there.

My guess is that once Leach gets the culture set, he'll be more lenient, but you've got to set the culture at it's extreme first so that everyone is aware of the standard

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

My guess is that once Leach gets the culture set, he'll be more lenient, but you've got to set the culture at it's extreme first so that everyone is aware of the standard
    Go back and look at the transfers between Croom and Dan. Or look at the recruits in Dan's first two classes that lasted about a week on campus. Players programs don't win in this league. Never have and never will. You have to have accountability. When we lost the leaders of 18 all the accountability that Dan had spent 9 years preaching left the program. We're now reaping the sow of a "players program". I'm tough on Cohen for a lot of things, but getting rid of Joe when he did probably saved us 2-4 years of a rebuild. A full cycle of his players and his program accountability would've sunk us to or below Croom levels.

vCash
    In my best Allen Iverson voice and tone, "You talkn bout a movie"!

vCash
    How many years will it take us to be competitive with UK and UPig?

vCash
    Go back and look at the transfers between Croom and Dan. Or look at the recruits in Dan's first two classes that lasted about a week on campus. Players programs don't win in this league. Never have and never will. You have to have accountability. When we lost the leaders of 18 all the accountability that Dan had spent 9 years preaching left the program. We're now reaping the sow of a "players program". I'm tough on Cohen for a lot of things, but getting rid of Joe when he did probably saved us 2-4 years of a rebuild. A full cycle of his players and his program accountability would've sunk us to or below Croom levels.
    100% correct

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Next year will be competitive and then we'll boat race them. Once Leach gets 85 guys all buying in and talented, he's going to be really tough to beat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Yep, you can start out tight and loosen things up as you go, once you have established your culture, but if you start out loose you can never, ever tighten it up, it never works that way.

vCash
    Very well said!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yep, you can start out tight and loosen things up as you go, once you have established your culture, but if you start out loose you can never, ever tighten it up, it never works that way.
    Correct.

What's funny is that people watch Hoosiers and identify with the coach and view the Hickory fans as ignorant fans that don't know what's going on or what Dale is doing, but when the same exact same thing happens in real life, most people become the fan.

It's an interesting psychological experiment.

vCash
    IF 65 or 65a passes I will smoke what some are smoking**** Oh I need to find my Maroon shades so I can see what you guys see and believe. I don't see a top 10 program in a few years, I see more problems and I HOPE I'm wrong and will admit it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    IF 65 or 65a passes I will smoke what some are smoking**** Oh I need to find my Maroon shades so I can see what you guys see and believe. I don't see a top 10 program in a few years, I see more problems and I HOPE I'm wrong and will admit it.
    I get it. I believe what Leach is doing is right and he's got the resume and track record to back it up. This literal situation has happened everywhere he's been and it worked in the long run

vCash
    What's happening now is Leach is late to the party imo. Losing this amount of players can be detrimental unless he's got a plan. The fact that he can't adjust on the field makes me wonder. He's not a players coach it seems, hard core old school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Ark came back in one year after a complete dismantle. We are in better shape than them. We'll be back next year even or slightly ahead. We must retain the right coaches (Arnett for one) and recruit MS well. Do that and we'll be fine as always.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    What's happening now is Leach is late to the party imo. Losing this amount of players can be detrimental unless he's got a plan. The fact that he can't adjust on the field makes me wonder. He's not a players coach it seems, hard core old school.
    Yep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Ark came back in one year after a complete dismantle. We are in better shape than them. We'll be back next year even or slightly ahead. We must retain the right coaches (Arnett for one) and recruit MS well. Do that and we'll be fine as always.
    Arkansas players seem to actually like their coach and enjoy playing for him. You can clean house all you want but you have to wonder what this looks like to prospects.