Page 273 of 274 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274 LastLast
Results 5,441 to 5,460 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    How about instead of rejoicing in things aren't worse, you acknowledge that mask wearing and social distancing has worked...
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    I can't speak for Mississippi since I don't live there, but it's clear here in the DFW area that mask wearing has made a big difference, so I'm very happy that the dire predictions didn't come to pass (so far anyway). It's given me a chance to come out of the basement and live a halfway normal life. So thank you to all of those that did your part to help make this pandemic a little more tolerable.
    I don't believe it's clear either way. Here in Arkansas as of a few days ago we had a total of 64,690 cases and 882 deaths from COVID with a statewide mask mandate while our neighbor Oklahoma had 62,040 total cases and 846 deaths without a state mask mandate and OK has nearly 1 million more people than AR. There are some localities in OK that have adopted mask mandates to be fair.

People point to lower case counts to back up their claims of masks being effective as well but don't include that the CDC has adjusted their recommendations for receiving tests driving down total tests as a whole. At the same time deaths aren't jumping up like was predicted and hospitalizations haven't hit anywhere near predicted.

At best the arguement that masks are effective is inconclusive. That's without going into how the CDC now considers anyone that has been within 6ft of a COVID positive person WITH or WITHOUT a mask a close contact and recommends they quarantine or the studies that have come out saying that the neck gaiters and maks with vents/flaps are worse than not wearing a mask. OSHA guidelines say that cloth masks all the way up to surgical masks will not protect anyone from airborne infections. You'll need an N95. But Fauci was saying not too long ago that may not be enough and we should wear goggles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Wow. Name calling from the site mod. Professional.
    He's not wrong. And acknowledging stupid ideas as stupid isn't unprofessional. If y'all didn't live in a political echo-chamber, you'd know how ****ing retarded it all is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    I don't believe it's clear either way. Here in Arkansas as of a few days ago we had a total of 64,690 cases and 882 deaths from COVID with a statewide mask mandate while our neighbor Oklahoma had 62,040 total cases and 846 deaths without a state mask mandate and OK has nearly 1 million more people than AR. There are some localities in OK that have adopted mask mandates to be fair.

People point to lower case counts to back up their claims of masks being effective as well but don't include that the CDC has adjusted their recommendations for receiving tests driving down total tests as a whole. At the same time deaths aren't jumping up like was predicted and hospitalizations haven't hit anywhere near predicted.

At best the arguement that masks are effective is inconclusive. That's without going into how the CDC now considers anyone that has been within 6ft of a COVID positive person WITH or WITHOUT a mask a close contact and recommends they quarantine or the studies that have come out saying that the neck gaiters and maks with vents/flaps are worse than not wearing a mask. OSHA guidelines say that cloth masks all the way up to surgical masks will not protect anyone from airborne infections. You'll need an N95. But Fauci was saying not too long ago that may not be enough and we should wear goggles.
    Numbers keeping coming down I think in two weeks. Yeah I know... mask will be by choice...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Y'all are some really sad dudes. Do you seriously think anyone is upset that things are better? I think I'll wait to celebrate though. I know too many people who have it right now.
    You must live in a hot bed your the only person that had cases and deaths around you every day...or... your making it up...,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    You do know some people have a life away from the site don't you? Hacker hasn't always been one to post to the site daily usually. He hasn't visited the site since Aug 10th in fact.

How about instead of rejoicing in things aren't worse, you acknowledge that mask wearing and social distancing has worked...

And Jack every time you post the virus beliefs will change on Nov 4th you show how stupid you are.. This must be the biggest conspiracy in world history to ya.
    I said that?? Nah not me bro. But carry on w your big boy moderator cause I didn't say that....

vCash
    Wow. Name calling from the site mod. Professional.
    Shocking. I know. He provides so much info and help to the board....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    He's not wrong. And acknowledging stupid ideas as stupid isn't unprofessional. If y'all didn't live in a political echo-chamber, you'd know how ****ing retarded it all is.
    Glad you can out of the dungeon to chime in...

vCash
    Sure thing.
    Last edited by KOdawg1; 09-07-2020 at 07:00 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    It's funny, he banned DownwardDawg for calling someone a name, but then he turns around and calls another poster stupid. I guess whenever you have access to the ban hammer, you can do whatever you want.

vCash
    Glad you can out of the dungeon to chime in...
    Sorry I interrupted your conspiratorial wank-fest, lol. You can have it back.

Sure thing.
    Awe, no need to edit your original comment, lol.

I asked her...
    She didn't recognize your name, so I told her that based on your post history, you likely have a Q trimmed into your pubes.
    She just shook her head in disgust and said "Nah, that ain't me".**

vCash
    Sorry I interrupted your conspiratorial wank-fest, lol. You can have it back.

Awe, no need to edit your original comment, lol.

I asked her...
    She didn't recognize your name, so I told her that based on your post history, you likely have a Q trimmed into your pubes.
    She just shook her head in disgust and said "Nah, that ain't me".**
    Edited because I figured Scooba would ban me.

Cool.

vCash
    There is no doubt a portion of the left (not sure of the size) that would rather covid ravage this country than it clear up bc that helps Trump.
    Last edited by msstate7; 09-07-2020 at 08:22 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    There is no doubt a portion of the left (not sure of the size) that would rather covid ravage this country rather than it clear up bc that helps Trump.
    Only ignorance could cause someone to miss this.

vCash
    I have never seen such love and compassion for our fellow man as I have seen here on this board! I hope this is not the model the rest of the world follows or we will be in another world war in no time at all. Passions are flaring and getting out of control!

We seem to see the words people write but not the sentiment or the tone or intent in which it was hopefully written. Instead of giving somebody the benefit of doubt, we all rush and crucify the person.

Yep, I have been guilty as well. I will do my best to improve! But thankfully, I am not in on this current argument.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    I can't speak for Mississippi since I don't live there, but it's clear here in the DFW area that mask wearing has made a big difference, so I'm very happy that the dire predictions didn't come to pass (so far anyway). It's given me a chance to come out of the basement and live a halfway normal life. So thank you to all of those that did your part to help make this pandemic a little more tolerable.
    It's made a huge difference here too. The timing for when our new case load started dropping jibes exactly with what you would expect from when the mask order came down. Don't try to tell the anti-science people that. Their feelings are way more accurate than actual science.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    There is no doubt a portion of the left (not sure of the size) that would rather covid ravage this country than it clear up bc that helps Trump.
    If you think this is political then you are the problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    If you think this is political then you are the problem.
    If you don't think covid has been politicized, you're an idiot. Sorry, but you are. Doesn't mean covid isn't serious, dangerous, etc, but it most certainly is political also.

vCash
    I said that?? Nah not me bro. But carry on w your big boy moderator cause I didn't say that....
    You called out Hacker for not posting later, while talking about the numbers being better... So what should someone think you meant?

I have nothing to prove to you bud, you have been around on this site since nearly the beginning. I do a lot more for the site than many will ever notice, know, or appreciate and I'm fine with that.

vCash
    https://stream.org/anthony-fauci-pan...mother-nature/

What was that old commercial for? “It’s not nice to fool mother nature.”

vCash
    It's funny, he banned DownwardDawg for calling someone a name, but then he turns around and calls another poster stupid. I guess whenever you have access to the ban hammer, you can do whatever you want.
    Wrong. he, dan, and another .. were banned for 1 month after one again turning this thread into a political dogfight... in fact he and dan had previously been banned for a weekend over the same thing.
    Nothing to do with calling anyone a name. and stupid isn't name calling. Unless you are a preschooler or... are just trolling because you didn't like was said. or maybe you were offended because you believe the same.