Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
So Napoli's official radio station is saying today that Higuain is "almost certainly" coming to Arsenal. Supposedly the Gunners have offered to swap Giroud + 50M euros. And Giroud's agent has talked up the move, hinting that Giroud is keen on moving. Really, really hoping this move happens. Higuain would be a huge upgrade.

There's also chatter that Mahrez has snubbed a new contract offer from Leicester. If true, don't be surprised to see Arsenal make a strong push to land him.

Hull is supposedly closing in on a deal for Hal Robson-Kanu. I don't expect them to make many early deals, based on what Bruce has said. Basically we gotta wait for the big teams to get their business done and then see who's left and who we can afford.
I've read that Hull could have a historically bad season this year with all that is going on and the lack of players brought in. I know Newcastle thinks they've sealed the deal on Mohamad Diame, scored 13 goals from the midfield for y'all last season in the Championship. Should be more than serviceable replacement for Wijnaldum.

Newcastle's climb back to the PL begins Friday. I find myself strangely excited for the season and have been pleased with the quality of players we've signed despite playing in the 2nd tier. The only thing I'm left hoping for at this point is that someone will take Sissoko off of our hands, hopefully even at a nice fee since he played decent in the Euros for the French.

Most importantly though, Rafa remaining as our coach has galvanized the fanbase. For the first time since I've followed Newcastle (admittedly, this is only my third season following them) the fanbase is excited and not a cesspool of pessimism and anger. And the rift between them and Mike Ashley (owner) has gotten significantly better. The Rafalution has begun.