Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
One thing no one is talking about is even if we lose one of the first two games odds are whoever we throw as a third starter is probably better than the other teams third starters. Honestly, with this draw we should have an advantage no matter who we throw and when we throw them. And yes, I know we could look like trash and lose two games but as far as strictly playing the odds it probably is more beneficial with this draw if we throw MacLeoud and Bednar first in whatever order. And if he's throwing Bednar because Samford has a ton of RH hitters- I'm fine with that reasoning. And yeah- MacLeoud probably could beat them but with the peripheral stats showing that Bednar has more of an advantage and maybe MacLeoud has an advantage over the other two- why wouldn't we throw Bednar?

You have to take into account our team too. We don't have Ethan Small, Dakota Hudson, Chris Stratton, etc. Basically Bednar and MacLeoud are like Small and Konnor Pilkington in 2018. Pretty good but not dominant guys that are going to give us 7-9 and K 10+ guys in a game.

I'm just going to trust Lemonis on this whatever he does because I'm pretty sure he has a logical reason for whatever he does that he can back up if it backfires. Which if it does backfire it's probably going to be because we made a ton of errors and not the pitchers which is how we seem to typically lose our games.
The problem here is VCU and Campbell mash the ball. Even if our #s 3 and 4 are better than their 3 and 4, their hitting gives them the advantage. We don't even hit trash pitching well at times (see Mizzou). Sunday and, heaven forbid, Monday, we aren't winning by scoring 3 or 4 runs and pitching well. We're going to have to pitch well AND score a bunch of runs. Which, you're right, we SHOULD be able to do against VCU or Campbell's Sunday/Monday pitching...but the last few weeks are reason for concern in that arena.

If we actually show up this weekend, we probably go 3-0. But we've been so hit or miss lately, it's concerning.