Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
I have read about Ruth and his life story. He was a big drinker and chased women a whole lot. He was a very interesting character and was a dominant pitcher in his early days. Btw, I'd put Lou Gehrig ahead of Bonds, to me and what I read about him he was close to Ruth in being the GOAT. Just saying
Bonds was the absolute best hitter this world has ever seen for like 3 consecutive seasons. He did it against far superior pitchers than anything the Babe ever batted against. I am not saying he is the best ever player to play the game, but it is not out of the realm of possibility that he could be better than Ruth. Ruth literally played for two of the best franchises in the history of sports, Boston and NYY.

If I had to call a single player as the best ever to suit up, I say Mickey Mantle in his prime prior to injuries. I never saw him play, but the dude from all indication was the real deal in every aspect. Imagine if the dude had physically prepared for baseball along with not doing crazy shit between games and the off season.