Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bulldog Club

vCash

Bulldog Club

Anybody know how donations to the BDC are stacking up compared to previous years?

vCash
    Have made my last contribution....been giving since the BC was formed. Not pissed off....just retiring.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    Have made my last contribution....been giving since the BC was formed. Not pissed off....just retiring.
    Same... don?t think I will even buy season tickets upcoming school year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Same... don?t think I will even buy season tickets upcoming school year.
    But you will keep bitching about cohen.

vCash
    I got my bill for my 2021 donations three weeks ago. The earliest I have ever gotten it. I am going to renewal my season tickets but I am going to wait and see what seats I get before paying. If they don't open up the stadium I will probably opt out. I am not going to sit in the crappy seats they had me in this past season.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Homedawg;1308073]But you will keep bitching about cohen.

The bitching about Cohen crowd is gaining some momentum....

vCash
    Not sure how the donations are going but I'm going to wait until the end of the year to pay mine. I want to see how some things work out. I'll still continue to contribute but very well may lower my contribution. I want to see what plays out in the basketball programs.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    I’m probably done with season tickets and the donation required for club level seats I’ll still donate so I won’t lose the continuous years points. My son may want my points one day.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Leeshouldveflanked;1308078]
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    But you will keep bitching about cohen.

The bitching about Cohen crowd is gaining some momentum....
    I don't have an issue w the bitching in general, but you can't go a day wo it and half of your posts (ok maybe a slight exaggeration) are about how bad he is. I get it, you don't like him. We all get it. Only the people that joined 10 mins ago don't know. He's not great. Hasn't even been good in some things. And I'm not a huge fan myself, but just let it go man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    I’m probably done with season tickets and the donation required for club level seats I’ll still donate so I won’t lose the continuous years points. My son may want my points one day.
    Same. Opted out this year, but was afraid of how my family would react. Well, we didn't miss it at all. We watched games on TV and did whatever. For the first time in over 20 years I didn't watch every single football game, I watched most but not all. Haven't watched nearly as much basketball this year either. I've lost 15lbs due to less
    Drinking and stress (kidding).

I'll still contribute but will be parting with my tickets.

P.S. if baseball comes available, I'll be on that. My biggest regret is waiting too late to pony up for baseball tickets.

vCash
    I can't answer that Question. However out of curiosity I tried to find some numbers.

All I came up with is that... the BC provided about $30 million of the athletic departments total revenue of $105 million in 2019.

Assuming TV payout continues to go up, I imagine the percentage the BC provides to the athletic department will continue to go down.

With that said, as TV continues to be a popular option, the BC really needs to find new incentives for people to join and stay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    I?m probably done with season tickets and the donation required for club level seats I?ll still donate so I won?t lose the continuous years points. My son may want my points one day.
    I had 4 or 5 club level seats from when it opened through 2014, then gave them up before the 2015 season. After 2014, I was ranked around #500, now I'm #1,043. Dropped fast! Oh well. Losing BDC ranking hadn't mattered until this baseball season, as I didn't qualify for non-conference weekend tickets. Not the end of the world, I'll buy them through Stubhub for individual games.

vCash
    Really baseball seats is the only reason to contribute unless you want premium football Seats. Even those can be found on the secondary market.

vCash
    Dropped out of the bulldog club last year after 40 years of donating. Also dropped football season tickets, 75" screen in the living is too hard to pass on watching. If I decide to go to a football game I will use stubhub.
    I am retired and will be 71 this year and don't care for the hassle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Dropped out of the bulldog club last year after 40 years of donating. Also dropped football season tickets, 75" screen in the living is too hard to pass on watching. If I decide to go to a football game I will use stubhub.
    I am retired and will be 71 this year and don't care for the hassle.
    It's going to become the norm. While everyone sees out the money go up and it will. It's just going to offset the losses we have from game day attendance. In football and basketball at least. If we are putting a great product at the dude, it wil be full.... for the most part.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I got my bill for my 2021 donations three weeks ago. The earliest I have ever gotten it. I am going to renewal my season tickets but I am going to wait and see what seats I get before paying. If they don't open up the stadium I will probably opt out. I am not going to sit in the crappy seats they had me in this past season.
    I completely understand. I don't see how people who had worse seats than me before and were ranked behind me in the BDC had better seats than me this year.
    Unless I have a good idea of where my seats are going to be, I'm with you.

vCash
    The minimum Bulldog Club donation to remain a member - isn't it $100/year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    The minimum Bulldog Club donation to remain a member - isn't it $100/year?
    Sounds about right.

Not sure what I will do with all my BC points. I know I will be giving up my 6 football seats and 2 parking passes. Gave up my BB and baseball seats years ago.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    Sounds about right.

Not sure what I will do with all my BC points. I know I will be giving up my 6 football seats and 2 parking passes. Gave up my BB and baseball seats years ago.
    Just have them transferred over to your vCash***

vCash
    Man this thread is depressing. Maybe I am the only one who is going to renew...

Curious, for all of those not renewing football seats what are your reasons? Just easier to watch at home or is there smn else?