Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ?NFL scouts told me this is the sneakiest, most loaded roster in America? - Josh Pate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BhamDawg View Post
    Y?all have lost your mind. Arizona is one of the worst teams in the country (not just Power 5). If we lose to them, we have some real issues.
    Yeah I don?t see any scenario we get to 9, much less 10 wins if we lose to Arizona

vCash
    The idea that "Leach always loses a game he shouldn't" is a message board meme, not something that's literally true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    The idea that "Leach always loses a game he shouldn't" is a message board meme, not something that's literally true.
    Memphis says Hi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Memphis says Hi
    Officials allowing a player to run off with a ball that’s already been blown dead says Hi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Memphis says Hi
    ???

I didn't say that it hasn't ever happened, just that it doesn't happen every year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Just like "Leach doesn't play defense." Yeah, he does. He's fired DCs for doing shitty coaching. He's had good defenses at Tech and WSU.

vCash
    The schedule and new offensive tackles say 6-6. Hope I'm wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    We don't another Charles Cross level performance. We need an average LT and we'll win 8. The defense may actually help us get to 9.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Leach wont have a better team than this one for awhile. 6-6 and 2-6 in the SEC would be ridiculously bad. Good teams are supposed to win at home. Auburn, UPig, A&M should be games we win. Georgia at home means we should be ready to pull an upset like we did in 2010. LSU has some talent but they arent loaded by any means. We may be more talented than them overall. Everybody tells me we should be Kentucky. Mississippi is rebuilding for the 2nd year in a row with a new QB.

8 should be floor. 11 the ceiling
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Leach wont have a better team than this one for awhile. 6-6 and 2-6 in the SEC would be ridiculously bad. Good teams are supposed to win at home. Auburn, UPig, A&M should be games we win. Georgia at home means we should be ready to pull an upset like we did in 2010. LSU has some talent but they arent loaded by any means. We may be more talented than them overall. Everybody tells me we should be Kentucky. Mississippi is rebuilding for the 2nd year in a row with a new QB.

8 should be floor. 11 the ceiling
    Framing 8 as the floor is not realistic. There is a reason Vegas says we are a 6.5 win team.

Aggie is one of the five most talented teams in America if you believe in recruiting rankings. More talented than last year and have their qb this year.

UGA had a losing record in 2010. This ain't the same UGA.

KY has become a hard place to play.

4 is the floor. 11 is the ceiling. I say 7-5/8-4.

4 non con. Sizable Favorite.
    Uga and Bama. Sizable underdog.
    6 toss ups (Aub, KY, LSU, Aggie, Ark, UM).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Yeah I don?t see any scenario we get to 9, much less 10 wins if we lose to Arizona
    Lose to Arizona?

We will be 17 point favorites and will cover easily.

I still can't get past the fact that in some mythical vegas book, we opened as a -8 favorite against Memphis. That is nuts. Of course it is up to -16 today, which still seems very low.

We are going to have to get comfortable with the idea that we have a good team, with a few holes. Good teams with just a few holes, usually win 8+ games. I expect us to as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Framing 8 as the floor is not realistic. There is a reason Vegas says we are a 6.5 win team.

Aggie is one of the five most talented teams in America if you believe in recruiting rankings. More talented than last year and have their qb this year.

UGA had a losing record in 2010. This ain't the same UGA.

KY has become a hard place to play.

4 is the floor. 11 is the ceiling. I say 7-5/8-4.

4 non con. Sizable Favorite.
    Uga and Bama. Sizable underdog.
    6 toss ups (Aub, KY, LSU, Aggie, Ark, UM).
    Vegas said we were a 7 win team in 2014. They miss fairly often as well.
    Georgia will be favored by the less than 7 at our place.

Having your toss-up games at home usually gives you the advantage. It's our year to win alot of the toss-ups. We lose alot of good players on D after this season. Not to mention 3 OL starters. We have to make this year count.
    Last edited by Coach34; 08-15-2022 at 01:36 PM.

vCash
    Recruiting is not dropping off despite NIL, I don’t see how this is Leachs best team he is over going to have. I think when you have red shirt seniors-that he recruited, especially on the O line, then you can make more informed judgements.

The QBs are going to be better and better as are the receivers. I like the young guys he’s signing on defense as well as the o line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Officials allowing a player to run off with a ball that?s already been blown dead says Hi
    I agree we should have won, but it should have never been left to the refs to decide.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Recruiting is not dropping off despite NIL, I don’t see how this is Leachs best team he is over going to have. I think when you have red shirt seniors-that he recruited, especially on the O line, then you can make more informed judgements.

The QBs are going to be better and better as are the receivers. I like the young guys he’s signing on defense as well as the o line.
    We have alot of guys in their 5th and even 6th years of college football. All of that will start working it's way out as we get past the C19 debacle of history. We are a developmental program and when we lose a bunch of veterans we always take a step backward for a couple of years. I dont think we have recruited the DL near well enough to overcome the losses after this Fall. losing 3 OL guys and both OT's again for the 2nd year in a row will takes it toll. We are already worried about the position for this season and we lose both of them after the season.

So we take a step back for a couple of seasons and then we have a 64 year old Leach coaching us in 2025.

vCash
    "Most loaded talent in America"

SELL

vCash
    Vegas said we were a 7 win team in 2014. They miss fairly often as well.
    Georgia will be favored by the less than 7 at our place.

Having your toss-up games at home usually gives you the advantage. It's our year to win alot of the toss-ups. We lose alot of good players on D after this season. Not to mention 3 OL starters. We have to make this year count.
    I agree with alot of that.
    But 3 of the 6 toss ups are away.

Drawing uga sucks. Any other East team at home and we win.

Only 1 team in America plays 6 of the top 21 teams in America. We are the 1 (Aggie, ark, Bama, uga, ky, UM).

vCash
    We have alot of guys in their 5th and even 6th years of college football. All of that will start working it's way out as we get past the C19 debacle of history. We are a developmental program and when we lose a bunch of veterans we always take a step backward for a couple of years. I dont think we have recruited the DL near well enough to overcome the losses after this Fall. losing 3 OL guys and both OT's again for the 2nd year in a row will takes it toll. We are already worried about the position for this season and we lose both of them after the season.

So we take a step back for a couple of seasons and then we have a 64 year old Leach coaching us in 2025.
    Dolla bill and Kam jones are juniors on the field. I guess they could leave early though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Dolla bill and Kam jones are juniors on the field. I guess they could leave early though.
    They are both in Year 5 at State. Some guys will stay for a 6th year like Austin Williams but plenty wont.

vCash
    They are both in Year 5 at State. Some guys will stay for a 6th year like Austin Williams but plenty wont.
    We will have three OL in Dolla Bill, Kam Jones, and Cole Smith that could come back for a sixth year in 2023. It'd probably be counterproductive to have all three come back because that would probably just ensure younger guys transfer out, but if we don't have more than one underclassman that looks ready for OT, then that might be a good place to spend NIL money.

Also, it's amazing to me how uninformative our roster is on hailstate now with respect to eligibility. I think it was better before? Now you have no way of telling what eligibility someone is without clicking through to their bio. Then even if you do click through to the bio, there are things like claiming Caleb Ducking redshirted with us in 2020. That's probably irrelevant unless Ducking gets hurt and wants to Redshirt and comeback for a 6th year, but surely we didn't redshirt him in a year that eligibility didn't count.