Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerning LSU coach search...

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash

Concerning LSU coach search...

I just saw a post on twitter from a new anchor in Louisiana. He stated that maybe LSU was after Lemonis with them having not announced a coach yet - first time I heard that and concerning to me

https://twitter.com/fletcherwdsu/sta...447028740?s=21
    "When opportunity knocks, ask for two forms of ID, because it is probably just trouble in disguise" - Tickle #Discovery Channel

vCash

vCash
    Yeah…… I don’t see that happening.

vCash
    No idea if there's any truth to it or not, but I'd be concerned if they courted him. Florida took one from us in recent history.

vCash
    Fletcher Mackel is a turd, don’t listen to anything that clown says

vCash
    We?ve got to find a way to even the scholarship playing field. Dead horse, I know. But that would be one less unattractive aspect to our job. The LSU job comes with more pressure than ours but there are also built in advantages.

vCash
    I mean, can you blame LSU? They’d be idiots to not at least try. We have one of the best coaches in the country.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    No idea if there's any truth to it or not, but I'd be concerned if they courted him. Florida took one from us in recent history.
    Not concerned

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    We?ve got to find a way to even the scholarship playing field. Dead horse, I know. But that would be one less unattractive aspect to our job. The LSU job comes with more pressure than ours but there are also built in advantages.
    The pressure here is just as great IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Not concerned
    You're obviously much more connected to the program than me, so good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    I just saw a post on twitter from a new anchor in Louisiana. He stated that maybe LSU was after Lemonis with them having not announced a coach yet - first time I heard that and concerning to me

https://twitter.com/fletcherwdsu/sta...447028740?s=21
    As a Mississippi State fan, I?m not worried about LSU?s coaching search. If I was a Tennessee fan, I would be.

vCash
    These searches hardly ever go in the direction that you think. I could see it being Jay Johnson or possibly even Dan Heefner at Dallas Baptist. An outside possibility would be Checketts at UC Santa Barbara.

vCash
    Chris Lemonis is the head coach of the premier college baseball program in the country. He is right where he wants to be.

vCash
    LSU is obviously a premier job but with so many schools putting more resources into their baseball programs the path to championships isn't nearly as easy there as it used to be but the expectations will remain the same as always.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    I mean, can you blame LSU? They’d be idiots to not at least try. We have one of the best coaches in the country.
    Yet some amongst us feel he still needs to prove his worthiness.

vCash
    Meh, we've evened if not passed them in terms of head coaching gigs

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Feel free to be concerned if that's what you want to do. Good luck with that.

vCash
    Lemonis's agent probably put that out there to make sure we Pony up after the season ends....which we should.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    ....which we should.
    and we will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Feel free to be concerned if that's what you want to do. Good luck with that.
    LSU is a better baseball program than us. I never said he'd leave, but I guarantee you he'd listen if they called