Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Message for the doubters, media hype, etc.

vCash

Message for the doubters, media hype, etc.

First ND is a very good team, congrats to them on a great season.

For the media - ND chip on shoulder about not getting national seed, no Dude effect on them, etc. Chip or not, that chip will not get you out of Starkvegas to Omaha. The Dude effect is real. You just played in front of more fans in one weekend than you did all year combined. Just stop it.

For some of our fans and media thinking ND is just better than us. Stop it with the ignorance. We are one of top teams in college baseball - period. ND ain't better than us. Their fielding ain't best in nation, that is a reflection of who they played and how many they played. ND play in SEC that number is average at best.

Banned
    vCash
    Speaking of media, did anyone else notice SEC Now spent a lot more time with UT and Vandy than us? Could be wrong; wasn't keeping score.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    First ND is a very good team, congrats to them on a great season.

For the media - ND chip on shoulder about not getting national seed, no Dude effect on them, etc. Chip or not, that chip will not get you out of Starkvegas to Omaha. The Dude effect is real. You just played in front of more fans in one weekend than you did all year combined. Just stop it.

For some of our fans and media thinking ND is just better than us. Stop it with the ignorance. We are one of top teams in college baseball - period. ND ain't better than us. Their fielding ain't best in nation, that is a reflection of who they played and how many they played. ND play in SEC that number is average at best.
    ND ran out of pitching. We had a deeper staff. They were better than us defensively and offensively. They were very well coached too. But we showed up last night. When we do that, we can beat anyone. That's baseball?

vCash
    We won’t play anyone with a better top to bottom line up than what we saw this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    We won’t play anyone with a better top to bottom line up than what we saw this weekend.
    The ND team reminded me a bit of that La Lafayette team we played in the Regionals in 14 the way they could get production and power 1-9 in the lineup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    https://www.ncaa.com/stats/baseball/...nt/team/210/p2
    They were a scrappy bunch and were hot, but the other side of the bracket has better avgs. Arizona from top to bottom can flat out hit!

ND is .281
    Arizona .329
    Vandy .297
    NC State .289.
    Stanford .281
    But wouldn't see them until the finals.
    Texas .281
    Tenn .280
    Virgina .263
    State .282

Good pitching can neutralize good hitting.
    Love All Worship One!
    Go Dawgz!

vCash
    Yeah. There was a vibe of much concern coming from a few media people associated with State yesterday. That's putting it nicely.

I must say. I got to the stadium way early. ND was talking BP. Those guys look like ball players. Tall, lean, athletic. That was a helluva team State beat. I never felt comfortable with that lead. I really felt like ND could explode for a big inning at any moment. But tip of the cap to State pitching. Phenomenal performance.

It was just a tale of which team performed better in each game. State just pitched, fielded and hit it a little better in two games.

State played a very clean game last night. Zero errors on the infield. They had two. But both were well hit balls by State. Tough to handle short hoppers. State walked fewer Irish. State struck out less. Then the two phenomenal grabs in the outfield to end innings. Then big hits over and over. The Tanners hitting bombs. Then the bottom of the line up hitting the ball. Cumbest, Clark and Dubrule had a good series. I could go on and on. Y'all saw the game.

One of the best series I've seen at State from play and environment. Fun weekend.

vCash
    Arizona hitters v Kumar matchup is going to be really interesting. Hard to tell on TV but it doesn't seem like his fastball has much movement. He just over powers hitters. If UofAz can time that fastball, I haven't seen proof Vandy can keep pace offensively in high scoring games.

vCash
    Honestly, I don't care if ND is better than us. I don't care if every team in Omaha is better than us. The only thing I care about is that we win, which we did this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgz View Post
    https://www.ncaa.com/stats/baseball/...nt/team/210/p2
    They were a scrappy bunch and were hot, but the other side of the bracket has better avgs. Arizona from top to bottom can flat out hit!

ND is .281
    Arizona .329
    Vandy .297
    NC State .289.
    Stanford .281
    But wouldn't see them until the finals.
    Texas .281
    Tenn .280
    Virgina .263
    State .282

Good pitching can neutralize good hitting.
    Omaha also is a pitchers park.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Honestly, I don't care if ND is better than us. I don't care if every team in Omaha is better than us. The only thing I care about is that we win, which we did this weekend.
    Al Davis said it "Just Win, Baby"

vCash
    I don't think ND is a better team. They look good getting off the bus and taking BP. People hyped them for that Sunday performance. But State won 2 of 3 because State is a very talented team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    This! But the very definition of who's the better team is who wins on the field. Like you said winnings the only thing that counts.

vCash
    Well obviously Notre Dame is not better than us or they would have won.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Beauty in simplicity. Right on. Truth.

vCash
    Perfectly stated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Omaha also is a pitchers park.
    That it is! Hopefully State pitchers remember how good they were at different points during the season and State can ride them to a NC!
    Love All Worship One!
    Go Dawgz!

vCash
    Exactly. Why people still say they were better than us. Based on what? Their D wasn't that great. One game OK but it wasn't great any game. We are good, we won. We've done things no one else has done. Why are so many MSU fans down on our team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Exactly. Why people still say they were better than us. Based on what? Their D wasn't that great. One game OK but it wasn't great any game. We are good, we won. We've done things no one else has done. Why are so many MSU fans down on our team?
    They were deeper one thru 9 offensively. If u made a mistake they didn’t miss it. And they’ve been consistent with that the last 2 weekends. But that doesn’t make them a better TEAM. We were the better team over this past weekend. And if u take the season as a whole we were the better team.

That being said what our guys have…and what good miss state teams usually have…are the intangibles (ugly word in baseball I know). But grit, toughness, baseball smarts, heart…these are things that we have. Tanner Allen IMO embodies those things on this team much the way mangum did, tho I think Allen is way more baseball savvy than jake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    ND ran out of pitching. We had a deeper staff. They were better than us defensively and offensively. They were very well coached too. But we showed up last night. When we do that, we can beat anyone. That's baseball?
    I'm not sure ND was better defensively. We made some great plays-especially Jordan and Allen. I would also like to compliment our SS, Forsyth. He may not be a very good hitter but he is terrific in the field. I don't remember the last time he made an error-he also has a good arm and his throws to first are very accurate.