Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas is starting Kopps today...

vCash

Arkansas is starting Kopps today...

It may work out for them, but it sure does come across as desperate and shows zero confidence in the rest of your staff. One can only hope it backfires on them

vCash

Arkansas starting Kopps

Arkansas just announced Kopps is starting today. They are literally gonna throw his arm off? My question is your throwing your best reliever as a starter, what the hell you do when it?s time for him to come out?

vCash
    He's gonna go CG 170 pitches

vCash
    Sorry, just made another thread.

I think it’s stupid as hell… what you gonna do when he has to come out? Dudes arm is literally gonna fall off. Reminds me of how OSU ruined that kid they pitched like crazy that year they won it…

vCash
    So how many pitches has he thrown already the last 2 weeks before today?

vCash
    I could see him getting shelled with this move

Archimedes
    vCash
    The guy is 24 years old!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    The guy is 24 years old!
    Yeah, once I realized this guy was as old as he is and a relief pitcher, I don't have that big of a problem with burning him down. I have a bigger problem with Bianco's handling of DN
    Last edited by msstate7; 06-13-2021 at 01:45 PM.

vCash
    The Kopps train will derail today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    It may work out for them, but it sure does come across as desperate and shows zero confidence in the rest of your staff. One can only hope it backfires on them
    There starting pitching was suspect. Then they lost paulettefor the year. Also missing a key reliever. Might as well start him. Why wait til trouble and they've shown they will throw him 100 pitches anyway.

vCash
    If I’m NC State, I run his pitch count way up as quick as possible. Get him out of the game…

vCash
    This is actually a really smart move. It's do or die, there is no tomorrow, so you're not saving him for anything. You know you want him on the mound at some point so you might as well go ahead and send him out and let him go as long as he can. That way you maximize his impact on the game.

If you hold him back, what are you holding him back for? To get the lead, or wait so he can close it? Why?

If we got shelled early today and didn't throw Sims, I would advocate doing the same with him tomorrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    If I’m NC State, I run his pitch count way up as quick as possible. Get him out of the game…
    They have shown pitch count doesn't mean crap. So ...... laying off that cutter or whatever he calls it is easier said than done

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    This is actually a really smart move. It's do or die, there is no tomorrow, so you're not saving him for anything. You know you want him on the mound at some point so you might as well go ahead and send him out and let him go as long as he can. That way you maximize his impact on the game.

If you hold him back, what are you holding him back for? To get the lead, or wait so he can close it? Why?

If we got shelled early today and didn't throw Sims, I would advocate doing the same with him tomorrow.
    Smootness coming in again with the big-brained take.

vCash
    I think it's arkys best chance to win. They basically have wicklander and kopps and the rest of the pitching has been mediocre. If they advance I don't see them winning the nc with 2 pitchers,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    They have shown pitch count doesn't mean crap. So ...... laying off that cutter or whatever he calls it is easier said than done
    I think the only way to attack kopps is to take and make him throw strikes cause that cutter/breaking ball quite often isn't a strike but he makes people swing and miss. No mind you I don't even think this approach will work but it's the only way I see to have a chance against him.

vCash
    I’m sure ole miss will start Nickhazy after finding out about this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Arkansas just announced Kopps is starting today. They are literally gonna throw his arm off? My question is your throwing your best reliever as a starter, what the hell you do when it?s time for him to come out?
    Hope you have a big enough lead that it doesn?t matter I guess. I wasn?t a fan of starting him either but if the starter got shelled for 4 runs early and then Kopps comes in and shuts them down and you lose 4-3 then you?d wish you had started him. He should be relatively fresh only throwing 20 pitches all weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    Hope you have a big enough lead that it doesn?t matter I guess. I wasn?t a fan of starting him either but if the starter got shelled for 4 runs early and then Kopps comes in and shuts them down and you lose 4-3 then you?d wish you had started him. He should be relatively fresh only throwing 20 pitches all weekend.
    I think it's a great move. I would've started him too. If He gives you 6-7 shutout innings and arky can score 3-5 runs puts you in good shape instead of bringing kopps in with you being behind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Last night, ESPN called it a gyro cutter. I've never heard of that.