Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moorhead, Pruitt, and Morris

vCash

Moorhead, Pruitt, and Morris

Those were our three finalists in 2017. John Cohen is one hell of an AD.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    haha, at least Pruitt can recruit!

vCash
    The weird part is they ALL landed SEC gigs and all have not done terribly well.

Moorhead did put up about 500 yards of offense against Stanford tonight

vCash
    I thought Pruitt was turning the corner early this year. I was wrong. I was really wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I thought Pruitt was turning the corner early this year. I was wrong. I was really wrong.
    Me too brother. I still think we go 10-3/11-2 with him in 2018, but I think we'd still be a bad team this year.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    We can't have Cohen choosing our next football coach. In fairness, I think Judge would have been a strong hire, but I don't have any evidence to back up that claim.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    We can't have Cohen choosing our next football coach. In fairness, I think Judge would have been a strong hire, but I don't have any evidence to back up that claim.
    The fact of Judge not being married to an offensive or defensive scheme won me over. I'm so tired of it

vCash
    Basically, in Cohen's last search, it was going to be Joe Judge but circumstances turned it into Mike Leach. I'm wondering though, based on what we've seen so far, if most MSU fans would have rather taken their chances with Judge than with what we currently have with Leach? Most seemed to be glad we got Leach at the time because of Judge not having any HC experience and little to no college experience. Leach certainly had the more proven track record. Wondering how most feel now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Basically, in Cohen's last search, it was going to be Joe Judge but circumstances turned it into Mike Leach. I'm wondering though, based on what we've seen so far, if most MSU fans would have rather taken their chances with Judge than with what we currently have with Leach? Most seemed to be glad we got Leach at the time because of Judge not having any HC experience and little to no college experience. Leach certainly had the more proven track record. Wondering how most feel now?
    See my previous post. Though I'll still support the team and be at every game, I think hiring someone that's tied to a scheme really hamstrings you creatively and in recruiting.

vCash
    Probably 70% of message board posters were against the Judge hire which made me like him even more. But I agree with msu15, not married to a system is a big selling point to me.

vCash
    Judge hasn't exactly been awesome with the Giants. I honestly don't think he would have been much better. We're starting freshmen all over the offense and on defense we're starting a walk-on. The culture issues are bad and are just now starting to get fixed. Plus Judge would have to learn on the job.

The only way out of this is to develop the young players we have while adding talent to it and re-establishing a winning culture. It absolutely sucks now. But if we are patient hopefully we will have big gains in two years.

vCash
    Coaches will always say they aren’t married to a system but you still have to pick one and you can’t be changing it very much every year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    See my previous post. Though I'll still support the team and be at every game, I think hiring someone that's tied to a scheme really hamstrings you creatively and in recruiting.
    Well it definitely hamstrings you if the scheme isn't effective (like Croom's Gulf Coast offense - yuk). Leach's scheme has been mostly effective at TT and WSU, but it may be 2 or 3 years before we can really say whether it will work for us in the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Coaches will always say they aren’t married to a system but you still have to pick one and you can’t be changing it very much every year.
    Leach is married to the Air Raid. Moorhead was in love with his RPO's.

vCash
    Well, Judge might be available in a couple years.

vCash
    Well it definitely hamstrings you if the scheme isn't effective (like Croom's Gulf Coast offense - yuk). Leach's scheme has been mostly effective at TT and WSU, but it may be 2 or 3 years before we can really say whether it will work for us in the SEC.
    really bro? I'm shocked that anyone can still think this will work. You can't be one-dimensional in this conference. It is painfully obvious.

vCash
    No doubt, and there's definitely a chance he gets it going here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    No doubt, and there's definitely a chance he gets it going here.
    I truly believe there's no shot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Judge hasn't exactly been awesome with the Giants. I honestly don't think he would have been much better. We're starting freshmen all over the offense and on defense we're starting a walk-on. The culture issues are bad and are just now starting to get fixed. Plus Judge would have to learn on the job.

The only way out of this is to develop the young players we have while adding talent to it and re-establishing a winning culture. It absolutely sucks now. But if we are patient hopefully we will have big gains in two years.
    Yea, I'm not convinced that he would have been more successful in the long run. Since he likely would not have had as drastic of a change in offensive scheme it would have likely been an easier transition this year. Not sure how he would have been on player defections as opposed to Leach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Leach is married to the Air Raid. Moorhead was in love with his RPO's.
    True and most OC types are but if you hired Judge I don’t think he would bring in the air raid or the wishbone. He would probably have started with something like it’s running now and we would be having similar results as the NYG.

I’m not trying to cover from Leach but I’m not sure our talent could run any offense really well